Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New build: 2010 Camaro | X275 88 | TH400 | street car UPDATE: 03/03/13

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013 | 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Camper
we've already established you put items in an invoice that he didnt ask for.. he had a trust in you to actually deliver what was requested and you decided to build a 408 instead.
What makes you so sure of that? He paid 408 price for a 370? Some one didn't do their due diligence.
Old 05-07-2013 | 01:35 PM
11 Second Club

The only invoice I got was via e-mail when the motor was shipped. I caught the 24x reluctor wheel that I didnt ask for. That caught my attention. Honestly I dont know what a piston part # means over another and did not really catch 4" stroke on the invoice because I was drawn to the 24x reluctor. My hotmail has since switched over to microsoft so all my old emails went away. I didnt get any invoice in paper with the engine itself. Obviously I thought I had a 370, I only say it through-out this thread, on 1320video and any other topic about my car. Like I said on the phone with you yesterday it is not what I wanted to purchase. My engine problem is not your fault, never said it was. You guys offered to repair it for me which was cool. I dont expect you guys to fix anything that wasnt your wrong doing. Sending me a shortblock I payed $6,500 for that isnt what I thought it was or requested is a wrong doing though. I even had Allan Futral spec my cam out for a 370. Its a loss of communication and I am just a little dissapointed. That is all.
Old 05-07-2013 | 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

we've already established you put items in an invoice that he didnt ask for.. he had a trust in you to actually deliver what was requested and you decided to build a 408 instead.

you have yet to actually address that issue. all you're saying is "hey we invoiced you for a bore/stroke you didnt ask for and you payed it, tough ****!"

It has nothing to do with it being cheaper to build a 370, you simply built what you wanted to build. If you knew he requested a 370 and you couldnt deliver, why couldnt you state you couldnt deliver?

what if he wasnt a gearhead and wasnt fully educated on bore/stroke?

get some class guy.
actually the stock stroke callies crank is the most expensive.
Old 05-07-2013 | 02:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Wow this got out of hand, the dbag spewing **** is a moron, dont listen to him, all this sneaking **** in talk. Wow...

AES is slammed busy 150% of the time, things happen, miscommunication happens, Justin we all feel for you, but damn man, i refused to pay for anything that im not 150% sure of what im getting. Its your duty to be a hard *** while things are being decided, it might make them angry, i know Brian has been shitty at me at times, but we are both 100% sure of what each other are doing...

Ask Brian, we went through my Invoice line by line, item for item. I appreciate the hell out of him for that.

best of luck to all involved, but never should anyone blindly pay for something without knowing 100% what they are paying for. If the tickets shows 4" stroke.. well...
Old 05-07-2013 | 02:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Stangkilr
The only invoice I got was via e-mail when the motor was shipped. I caught the 24x reluctor wheel that I didnt ask for. That caught my attention. Honestly I dont know what a piston part # means over another and did not really catch 4" stroke on the invoice because I was drawn to the 24x reluctor. My hotmail has since switched over to microsoft so all my old emails went away. I didnt get any invoice in paper with the engine itself. Obviously I thought I had a 370, I only say it through-out this thread, on 1320video and any other topic about my car. Like I said on the phone with you yesterday it is not what I wanted to purchase. My engine problem is not your fault, never said it was. You guys offered to repair it for me which was cool. I dont expect you guys to fix anything that wasnt your wrong doing. Sending me a shortblock I payed $6,500 for that isnt what I thought it was or requested is a wrong doing though. I even had Allan Futral spec my cam out for a 370. Its a loss of communication and I am just a little dissapointed. That is all.
was Brian the person you talked to? my invoice says nothing of cubic inch, it has a list of **** that would confuse the **** out of you. instead of listing an engine package, they itemize every nut and bolt, coolant plug, pistons, rods, crank ect. double charge for labor ect. when i picked it up, Brian was a dick to me and told me it was all alecarte when i questioned the extra charges. i was tired of my 12 hr trip from tennesee, and said **** it, give me my engine and let me get home

Last edited by dmaxvaz; 05-07-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-07-2013 | 05:23 PM
Staging Lane

I just don't know where to start here honestly....
Old 05-07-2013 | 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JAX04
Wow this got out of hand, the dbag spewing **** is a moron, dont listen to him, all this sneaking **** in talk. Wow...

AES is slammed busy 150% of the time, things happen, miscommunication happens, Justin we all feel for you, but damn man, i refused to pay for anything that im not 150% sure of what im getting. Its your duty to be a hard *** while things are being decided, it might make them angry, i know Brian has been shitty at me at times, but we are both 100% sure of what each other are doing...

Ask Brian, we went through my Invoice line by line, item for item. I appreciate the hell out of him for that.

best of luck to all involved, but never should anyone blindly pay for something without knowing 100% what they are paying for. If the tickets shows 4" stroke.. well...
calling me a dbag and a moron because a company is to busy to send very simple emails or texts and giving "proper" customer service when spending thousands of $ makes a ton of sense.

being slammed 150% of the time is not an excusable reason to do whatever you want regardless of what the customer asked for.

Leaving the customer to figure out what you are changing in his build is just wrong..

you also just proved whats wrong with the vendors in the hobby we all love.
Old 05-07-2013 | 06:40 PM
11 Second Club

I will say the best company through-out this build has been Gforce1320! Those guys are awesome and always give a strait answer. Great product too.
Old 05-07-2013 | 06:50 PM
TECH Addict

Its your duty....

but never should anyone blindly pay for something without knowing 100% what they are paying for.

The issue is simply this. He asked for something. He did not get it. He had a limited time frame and needed his motor in a month. They said they could do it, and they ended up probably having a cancellation or something and happened to have a block for a 408 done and handy. Some might consider it a freebie but when your cutting cams and setting up a combo that can be detrimental to everything when trying to squeeze out ponies.

Sure, they are slammed. So is everyone else. But they're supposed to send what you ask for. I can personally say I had a few issues with what I received after making dozens of phone calls up there. Overall I give a B-. As allout06 said. Next time is ERL or TSP LSX 427 for me.

Last edited by I8UR4RD; 05-07-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-07-2013 | 07:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Stangkilr
I will say the best company through-out this build has been Gforce1320! Those guys are awesome and always give a strait answer. Great product too.
honestly, thats what its about. As customers we can generally handle delays,mistakes, etc. if we are just communicated to in an honest manner.
Old 05-07-2013 | 07:22 PM
TECH Resident

Camper must be someone's friend
Old 05-07-2013 | 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

I dont even know this guy tbh..
Old 05-07-2013 | 07:50 PM

This whole thing is going to be a learning curve. Trying to fit everything will be tough but it can be done and look clean.
Old 05-07-2013 | 08:56 PM
8 Second Club

Wtf lol
Old 05-07-2013 | 09:32 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

Stang, did your original engine build include a forged crank (I'm assuming 3.622 stroke)? Just looking to understand. If it did then I can understand why your cost was up there. If it was a stock crank then I'd be surprised.
Old 05-08-2013 | 05:57 AM
TECH Veteran

calling me a dbag and a moron because a company is to busy to send very simple emails or texts and giving "proper" customer service when spending thousands of $ makes a ton of sense.

being slammed 150% of the time is not an excusable reason to do whatever you want regardless of what the customer asked for.

Leaving the customer to figure out what you are changing in his build is just wrong..

you also just proved whats wrong with the vendors in the hobby we all love.
What, that they dont have customers who are able to read a piece of paper?

That they have customers who dont know how to take any responsibility?

How bout this, he needed a motor so fast he didnt bother really reading any of it? Now there is an issue and its their fault no matter what?

Stand in the out field and look in my man.

Ive not only pointed out what is wrong in this hobby but also the world, no one wants to take any responsibility for anything. If its not the other guys fault, then **** it... Blast away dude, you only make your self look more ignorant.
Old 05-08-2013 | 06:26 AM
Staging Lane

What, that they dont have customers who are able to read a piece of paper?

That they have customers who dont know how to take any responsibility?

How bout this, he needed a motor so fast he didnt bother really reading any of it? Now there is an issue and its their fault no matter what?

Stand in the out field and look in my man.

Ive not only pointed out what is wrong in this hobby but also the world, no one wants to take any responsibility for anything. If its not the other guys fault, then **** it... Blast away dude, you only make your self look more ignorant.
I do agree he should have taken the time to review his invoice.

we'll agree to disagree on the way AES handled his motor request as we probably wont see eye to eye.
Old 05-08-2013 | 06:45 AM
11 Second Club

I guess I am the odd man out. My dealings with AES have all been positive. Brian has always been nice to me and as soon as I seen an issue with my what I was billed I called and he took care of it right then, while I was on the phone. Even threw in rings, bearings and a T-shirt for me.

I am just waiting on all of my parts to be shipped to me.
Old 05-08-2013 | 07:42 AM
11 Second Club

Its not like I needed a motor in a week. I called, asked if I could have a shortblock done in a month. After I told them what I wanted they said yes. I was told it would take a week to get my crank I wanted and I was fine with that. They still got the engine done in a month. I guess I just had too much trust in AES with what they were sending me I never bothered to really go over the invoice in detail. You bet I will now. I just figured if you call and tell a respectible engine shop what you want and pay good money for it that they will send you what you ordered. Maybe its too much to ask these days.
Old 05-08-2013 | 08:10 AM
FormerVendor

Camper
You constantly contradict yourself throughout this thread saying you should have the right paperwork then when I provide it you say I'm sneaking stuff in. Then calling us names on other forums I think your the one that needs some class. You have nothing to do with this issue but yet have nothing better to do then put your 2 cents in everywhere. As a project manager do you give the customer something completely opposite then what the paper work states you should be giving him? Since you seem to have an awnser for everything why don't you provide us what you would do if your customer 5 months later said this is not what I paid you for even though all my paper work says that it is correct and I paid in full and received with out any issues.

Quick Reply: New build: 2010 Camaro | X275 88 | TH400 | street car UPDATE: 03/03/13