Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Attention all KY-Turbo Customers, Supporters, and Friends:

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PowerShift408
Well luckily, that's not what he was doing. He decided to keep the doors open in hopes that he could work his way out of the situation, completing everyone's vehicles in the process.

There is not a building at his house. He expressed a desire to build one months ago, but he was unable to due to the obvious financial situation.

As a one man operation, he can only take on so much work. If he took on every little job, there would just be more pissed off customers without anything to show for their money.

Why in the hell would an engine builder need a turbo kit to build a motor? That is about the most ludicrous thing I've heard in my life. You know why? I had a motor built long before I got in touch with Josh.

There are two sides to every story. 75% of the people posted in this thread don't have a ******* clue, and are basing opinions on what people are saying, when those people can't even formulate a coherent sentence.

That is a very valuable contribution to this thread.

That business is shot thanks to this thread. RaceFab's success was everyone's only hope at receiving the work they had previously paid for. So great job.

And the parts purchased with that money were stolen, as is the case with a few people, including myself. If you didn't like how he ran his business, then why would you fork money over to him? That makes ZERO sense.

The point of an inside job is to collect insurance money, and Josh had no insurance. What would the point in this be? If there is one, please enlighten us all and I will drastically change my tone. Until that occurs, your speculation means precisely dick.

Truth be told, I am in the same boat as many of you. I began speaking with Josh while I was still deployed in Iraq. We shot some messages back and forth and decided what the game plan was. I arranged to have my car taken to his shop. While admittedly, my car did sit for a long time, I was 6,000 miles away and my car was not at the top of the list to get done, which is totally logical.

Fast forward to the break-in, I am now stateside again. The only thing missing from my build was my turbo. Seeing first hand just how much **** went missing, I knew that everything was going to slow down drastically. At that point, I could've demanded to get my money back, but what good would that do? A guy with no insurance just lost thousands in assets that weren't his, that he now has to attempt to cover. I spoke with Josh multiple times after this while fiasco. He told me that things would be taken care of, but the time frame was shaky at best.

At this point, I decided to downsize my build. I moved from the single 91mm, to twin 62s, eventually settling on the single 76 that Josh delivered to me just last week. If my car complete? No. Will it be tomorrow? Nope. But I bet you'll see me at a few LSx events next year rocking a KYTP setup. Patience is a virtue.
Bro, he wasn't trying to pay anyone back, by first declaring KY-Turbo was out of business on this forum and then starting a business under a new name months ago.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He ATTEMPTED to keep the shop open. Yes, it was a risky move that ultimately backfired, but he did make the attempt. Maybe you should read my statements a few times so that you can fully understand the entirety of my message. Attempting to pick nits will ultimately get us nowhere and continue the utter lack of productivity displayed throughout this thread.
Soooo... Just for clarity's sake, do you believe that he shut the shop down? or that he's still running the shop under the name RaceFab?
Old 12-04-2012, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DavidPHumes
Your perspective is skewed slightly IMO since you got basically what you wanted. Some people in this thread have NOTHING to show for their money.
I have a single 76mm turbo to show for all the money I've spent.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:42 PM
TECH Veteran

He ATTEMPTED to keep the shop open. Yes, it was a risky move that ultimately backfired, but he did make the attempt. Maybe you should read my statements a few times so that you can fully understand the entirety of my message. Attempting to pick nits will ultimately get us nowhere and continue the utter lack of productivity displayed throughout this thread.

So... After reading through this entire thread, seeing what he did to people, leaving them out in the dry...

You chose to right a huge response defending him, then damning the people that pointed out that he was lying yet again, all the while not giving two ***** becuase you got something out of the deal? And or know him personally?
Old 12-04-2012, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HRHohio
Soooo... Just for clarity's sake, do you believe that he shut the shop down? or that he's still running the shop under the name RaceFab?
As far as I know, RaceFab is now defunct as well. That shop was truly RTRBurn's baby, with Josh working for him. Either way, I believe there will not be any products rolling out of that shop, no matter what it is called.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:45 PM
TECH Veteran

As far as I know, RaceFab is now defunct as well. That shop was truly RTRBurn's baby, with Josh working for him. Either way, I believe there will not be any products rolling out of that shop, no matter what it is called.
Did this all just happen today? the "defunct" thing...
Old 12-04-2012, 06:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Everything will catch up with him... **** ALWAYS does!!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JAX04
So... After reading through this entire thread, seeing what he did to people, leaving them out in the dry...

You chose to right a huge response defending him, then damning the people that pointed out that he was lying yet again, all the while not giving two ***** becuase you got something out of the deal? And or know him personally?
You act like I'm excited to have a single turbo (no Hotwire, cold side, etc.) for my money. I'm just going to say that there are two sides to all of these individual stories. When you makes threats on someone's life and/or there family, have your dad come and confront Josh for you, why would you believe that he would place you in front of other waiting customers. I know those instances may not sound familiar to you, but they do to a certain few individuals in this thread.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:49 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by RTRBURN
WRONG...RaceFab Chassis is mine. Craig I will pm you with details and we can talk via phone.
This quote from page 3 is way more laughable now. Where is RTRBurn to clear up the confusion that Josh has no stake in racefab?
Old 12-04-2012, 06:50 PM
TECH Resident

I have a single 76mm turbo to show for all the money I've spent.
Fast forward to the break-in, I am now stateside again. The only thing missing from my build was my turbo. Seeing first hand just how much **** went missing, I knew that everything was going to slow down drastically.

At this point, I decided to downsize my build. I moved from the single 91mm, to twin 62s, eventually settling on the single 76 that Josh delivered to me just last week. If my car complete? No. Will it be tomorrow? Nope. But I bet you'll see me at a few LSx events next year rocking a KYTP setup. Patience is a virtue.

Soooo, which one is it? You have a turbo and nothing else? or you have no turbo and a KYTP that you'll be rockin'? Where'd ya get that KYTP setup? RaceFab? Where'd ya get that 76 Turbo? RaceFab?

Hmmmmmm... Must be nice living in BG KY.

Josh is working for him??? Uhhhh, as PRESIDENT of the company? Have you not seen the letters of incorporation posted a few pages ago?

http://apps.sos.ky.gov/ImageWebViewe...spx?id=5307792

Last edited by HRHohio; 12-04-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JAX04
Did this all just happen today? the "defunct" thing...
I'm honestly unsure of that. I could be wrong, but that's the way I've interpreted what I've seen. To get a good answer to that, I would speak with RTRBurn.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:54 PM
TECH Veteran

I'm honestly unsure of that. I could be wrong, but that's the way I've interpreted what I've seen. To get a good answer to that, I would speak with RTRBurn.
Either my computer is jacked or the facebook page is gone...
Old 12-04-2012, 06:57 PM
11 Second Club

The page is gone.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

Well luckily, that's not what he was doing. He decided to keep the doors open in hopes that he could work his way out of the situation, completing everyone's vehicles in the process.

There is not a building at his house. He expressed a desire to build one months ago, but he was unable to due to the obvious financial situation.

As a one man operation, he can only take on so much work. If he took on every little job, there would just be more pissed off customers without anything to show for their money.

Why in the hell would an engine builder need a turbo kit to build a motor? That is about the most ludicrous thing I've heard in my life. You know why? I had a motor built long before I got in touch with Josh.

There are two sides to every story. 75% of the people posted in this thread don't have a ******* clue, and are basing opinions on what people are saying, when those people can't even formulate a coherent sentence.

That is a very valuable contribution to this thread.

That business is shot thanks to this thread. RaceFab's success was everyone's only hope at receiving the work they had previously paid for. So great job.

And the parts purchased with that money were stolen, as is the case with a few people, including myself. If you didn't like how he ran his business, then why would you fork money over to him? That makes ZERO sense.

The point of an inside job is to collect insurance money, and Josh had no insurance. What would the point in this be? If there is one, please enlighten us all and I will drastically change my tone. Until that occurs, your speculation means precisely dick.

Boy this sounds like josh.

Truth be told, I am in the same boat as many of you. I began speaking with Josh while I was still deployed in Iraq. We shot some messages back and forth and decided what the game plan was. I arranged to have my car taken to his shop. While admittedly, my car did sit for a long time, I was 6,000 miles away and my car was not at the top of the list to get done, which is totally logical.

Fast forward to the break-in, I am now stateside again. The only thing missing from my build was my turbo. Seeing first hand just how much **** went missing, I knew that everything was going to slow down drastically. At that point, I could've demanded to get my money back, but what good would that do? A guy with no insurance just lost thousands in assets that weren't his, that he now has to attempt to cover. I spoke with Josh multiple times after this while fiasco. He told me that things would be taken care of, but the time frame was shaky at best.

Boy this sounds like josh. He said the same thing to me about my motor not being built. I told you before josh there was a car sitting outside his shop with a turbo motor that the owner still owed 3 k on and it had been three years sitting out side so that's why I didn't do it for the simple reason I would have lost another 6k on a motor too. I wanted the kit first so I could order the right parts as custom spec cam, tfs heads. Me waiting gave me time to save for good parts and do it right the first time. You need to look at the evidence and quiet kissing the brown eye. Taking up for him seems like you are josh. Either way evidence is evidence!!! I guess waiting nine months for a kit and getting nothing in return, but there is two sides of the story as it doesn't take that long to make. What other side could there be?
Old 12-04-2012, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HRHohio
Soooo, which one is it? You have a turbo and nothing else? or you have no turbo and a KYTP that you'll be rockin'? Where'd ya get that KYTP setup? RaceFab? Where'd ya get that 76 Turbo? RaceFab?

Hmmmmmm... Must be nice living in BG KY.

Josh is working for him??? Uhhhh, as PRESIDENT of the company? Have you not seen the letters of incorporation posted a few pages ago?

During the break-in, my 91mm Turbonetics turbo was stolen. I paid Josh for the 62s, sold them, then paid him for the 76mm. I also paid him to do a complete kit for me, which is not currently complete. I will be rocking this setup in the future, upon its completion, because he is going to complete it for me.

I don't have a good explanation for the letters of incorporation. Even though I am local, I'm unaware of the decisions made within the company, whatever its current name is.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:00 PM
12 Second Club

Dude quit nut hugging for real !!! Are u that dumb where u can't see the links they posted. Dude fucked a lot of people out of a lot of money and then started a new business.. I dont care for the threats either, but he has his coming, I hope they get there cash back!!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:01 PM
12 Second Club

[QUOTE=PowerShift408;16950473]During the break-in, my 91mm Turbonetics turbo was stolen. I paid Josh for the 62s, sold them, then paid him for the 76mm. I also paid him to do a complete kit for me, which is not currently complete. I will be rocking this setup in the future, upon its completion, because he is going to complete it for me.

So how many times did u pay him to get screwed?
Old 12-04-2012, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CHRIS'S 98 SS
Boy this sounds like josh. He said the same thing to me about my motor not being built. I told you before josh there was a car sitting outside his shop with a turbo motor that the owner still owed 3 k on and it had been three years sitting out side so that's why I didn't do it for the simple reason I would have lost another 6k on a motor too. I wanted the kit first so I could order the right parts as custom spec cam, tfs heads. Me waiting gave me time to save for good parts and do it right the first time. You need to look at the evidence and quiet kissing the brown eye. Taking up for him seems like you are josh. Either way evidence is evidence!!!
I joined this forum 6 years ago, have made over 1700 posts, and have a pretty good trader rating to go along with it. One thing I can say for sure is that I'm not Josh.

If you've been in the shop, you may have seen my car there. Mine is the navy blue T/A that had the RHS 408 in it.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by killernoodle
Looks to be the case, or some similar racket.

And to file for it YESTERDAY. After claiming in this thread that you're cutting your losses and had to close up shop just a couple days ago.

For shame.

On facebook as well: http://www.facebook.com/RaceFabChassisAndFabrication
if they are one in the same. you can sue that shop also to get your money.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Teching In

The bitch just replied on yellowbullet

Quick Reply: Attention all KY-Turbo Customers, Supporters, and Friends: