Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ON3Performance No A/C Ls1 Camaro REVIEW PICS VIDEO GREAT KIT!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 09:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evilz99
Install is simple but this is my sexond one and i always try to mess with it to give on 3 ideas on what could be changed or whatever. Like right now i am trying to do away with the scavenge pump. Pics are in the beginning ans they are pretty much the same bit i will be adding some newer ones with a few of the changes soon.
What kind of numbers were made with the first kit?
Old 09-14-2013, 09:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think when they ended up getting the tune all done and everything dialed in I believe it made 550hp 590tq. on 10 psi. Hopefully I can figure out a way to ditch the scavenge pump as soon as possible and then we will have some more numbers to compare.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Got a fitting and line on last night and looks like it should get rid of the scavenge pump but time will tell. I used the drain flange that came woth the kit and a 10an hose end 90 degree with 1/2"NPT on the end and a little over 20" of 10an line with a 90 degree 10an hose end onto my oil pan which is tapped above the drain plug. Its a tight fit but it works. Should be firing it up in the next day or two and then we shall see how the turbo works with out the pump. Its seems to enough enough decline but if worse comes to worse i will try ro just raise the turbo up a little.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:38 AM
On The Tree

did you tap the oil pan with the motor in the car? is there anyway you could have ran the drain to the timing cover?
Old 09-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Teching In

Awesome thread man. I was looking at getting an ON3 kit for my Mustang when I had one. I wised up and bought a Camaro but I didn't know they made kits for LS cars as well. Definitely going to be looking into this.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

Wow that was a long read. There is a lot of good info.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by munn79ta
did you tap the oil pan with the motor in the car? is there anyway you could have ran the drain to the timing cover?
Yeah.... did you tap that?
Old 09-17-2013, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evilz99
Got a fitting and line on last night and looks like it should get rid of the scavenge pump but time will tell. I used the drain flange that came woth the kit and a 10an hose end 90 degree with 1/2"NPT on the end and a little over 20" of 10an line with a 90 degree 10an hose end onto my oil pan which is tapped above the drain plug. Its a tight fit but it works. Should be firing it up in the next day or two and then we shall see how the turbo works with out the pump. Its seems to enough enough decline but if worse comes to worse i will try ro just raise the turbo up a little.
Were doing a oil drain in the front of the pan on a buddy's car with an On3 kit. The On3 and Huron Speed kits place the turbo at about the same height and I've ran the same oil setup on my car all summer without an issue.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by munn79ta
I tapped the oil pan off the car. I dont think that it would work for the timing cover because that would be too high.

Originally Posted by cmurphy9900
Awesome thread man. I was looking at getting an ON3 kit for my Mustang when I had one. I wised up and bought a Camaro but I didn't know they made kits for LS cars as well. Definitely going to be looking into this.
Just say NO to mustangs lol. I have a good amount of experience with them and their kits so if you have any questions let me know.

Originally Posted by cuci591
Wow that was a long read. There is a lot of good info.
Thanks

Originally Posted by LT1RAY
Were doing a oil drain in the front of the pan on a buddy's car with an On3 kit. The On3 and Huron Speed kits place the turbo at about the same height and I've ran the same oil setup on my car all summer without an issue.
Good to know. I thought it looked very similar but wasnt sure if the huron speed one was as low or not.

FIRED IT UP LAST NIGHT!!!! ************UPDATE*************
She sounds great going through my 4" Mufflex (god I missed having a catback lol). I got one small stupid fuel issue and then she will be ready to go. Fuel pressure keeps bleeding down and wont go over 30 psi even with my aeromotive adj. fpr. It all worked before so I am thinking either the electric autometer gauge went bad or the regulator because there are no leaks any where and it seems to run fine (havn't driven it with that low of fuel pressure but it idles and revs normal). I just don't see why it would have a problem because both the gauge and the regulator are less than a year old. Gotta go pick up a mechanical gauge and see whats going on.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you remember to remove the stock regulator above the bucket in the tank assembly? Not meaning to sound insulting, but it's happened to me before.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:48 PM
FormerVendor

As far as turbo height goes, leaving the radiator in the stock location is the limiting factor. I placed it up as far as we can and to still leave clearance for the 76mm upgrade. My thoughts when designing it was to just keep the radiator in the stock location but will require a oil pump.

So whats the thoughts then on standing the radiator up to leave more room for the turbo to be mounted higher? That will eliminate the need for the pump but would require the radiator to be stood up. I was just completely against doing that when I first started the kit design

You can always go with an oil-less turbo, they cost the price of the kit which is terrible but you wouldnt need any sort of pump that way...(I really just dont see this as being an option for most).
Old 09-18-2013, 12:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What all is involved with standing the radiator up?
Parts?
Costs?

Could the parts list be included in the price of the kit? Maybe it would offset the price of the scavenger pump?
Old 09-18-2013, 04:47 PM
FormerVendor

Ive done minimal research on standing the radiator up but I know you need a new radiator and do have to cut into the core support so I though most guys wouldnt want that. Thats what I was thinking when we were designing, if I had a really clean car, Im not going to want to cut it up. Its not going to be cheaper, a decent radiator is going to for sure cost more than a pump
Old 09-18-2013, 05:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's a good excuse to upgrade to an older LT1 radiator:

http://www.camarozone.com/forum/f18/...upgrade-69803/

Any chance you guys can put the installation instructions up on You-Tube or something? Our first CD was damaged in shipping, in the same box as the T76. That little plastic jewel case never had a chance with that thing in the same container. Later I asked Adam for another CD to be sent... never happened. Then my installer asked you guys for one... still no joy. After some trial and error, they figured it out and numbered all the joints, but please...
Old 09-18-2013, 07:30 PM
FormerVendor

Just email me or pm me your email address, Ill forward you the word doc
Old 09-19-2013, 06:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes, the stock regulator was removed but thabks for the suggestion. The fuel system was already on the car for my rearmount and worked fine so i think it may be just something stupid like a bad regulator or possibly the gauge. Im gonna get a mechanical gauge and try that so i can see if its the electric gauge or not and go from there.

Chad you know me buddy I'm all about trying to test different things out to make things easier or better for all of us. I love working with you and Adam to try and make this the best kit it can be. I really see no problen with the way the drain is. With my combo i managed to still get over a 2inch drop from the turbo to the drain which is only across 22 inches of 10an braided line so it should be sufficient. I dont mind being the On3Performance test subject lol. In the end it will help us all out. More people will be inclined to pirchase the kit with out a pumo so as long as this works out it will offer the customer more options as well as create more sales for you guys and more install jobs for me in my area so its a win win for all. Havnt gotten to take it down the road yet but so far it seems the drain is working great woth no smoke or leaks so hopefully it stays that way. If not then back to the drawing board lol.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Chad, if you would like, i could post the instructions up here so its available for everyone. I wouldnt want to do that without your consent but at least then it would be available in case of a situation like stated above.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:23 AM
Teching In

Yea buddy.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:21 AM
On The Tree

updates?
Old 10-03-2013, 09:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Not yet. Been busy on other peoples cars and havnt had time to get to mine. I should know somwthing tonight about the fuel pressure issue and then should be able to add some updates.

Quick Reply: ON3Performance No A/C Ls1 Camaro REVIEW PICS VIDEO GREAT KIT!