Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Beating those 1500AWHP URG Gallardos

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 09:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about a modified V8 Ariel Atom (They are 3.XL V8's right?) Or turbo a Busa motor that comes in them lol, they still only run about 160 though. At 1,350Lbs it's an idea to toss around.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry but no car that is two wheel drive will be able to hook and beat the big UGR cars out on the street from a hit. Been tried time and time again. On a prepped surface, sure maybe. Just remember, the UGR cars that everyone is aiming for are "1550". There are bigger sharks at UGR they just never need to turn them up further.

Originally Posted by LS6427
Once again, if and when NRE decides to build a car that is properly SET UP for roll races......you can bet your hat it will hook just as good as the UGRs......and be MORE aerodynamic. And be HALF the price when all is said and done.....

And be street able with all the creature comforts......and A/C.

He's not gonna start with a '57 Chevy with stock suspension.......lol.....

Old 04-09-2013, 04:03 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by HolyShiznit
Sorry but no car that is two wheel drive will be able to hook and beat the big UGR cars out on the street from a hit. Been tried time and time again. On a prepped surface, sure maybe. Just remember, the UGR cars that everyone is aiming for are "1550". There are bigger sharks at UGR they just never need to turn them up further.
Time will tell. But it's just about the only thing in racing that should never be said......and that's "never".

We'll see.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:54 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
Time will tell. But it's just about the only thing in racing that should never be said......and that's "never".

We'll see.

You'll never beat the laws of physics ? lol
Old 04-09-2013, 05:16 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
We will find out. I'm doing a 1/2 mile event in June. lol
I think in a 1/2 mile and mile events it will be all high HP rwd cars if tire technology gets a little better....rwd can launch much better than awd at a track on max effort builds...and 2000+ hp being put down by a 3000lb car will beat 1700 rwhp and 3500 lbs or 1400 and 2900 lbs in a long race starting from a dead stop.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:26 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Awesome.

You planning to re-gear the car, or just let it eat?
Old 04-09-2013, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So glad I made this thread. Im sure people are actually going to the drawing boards to take the title back for American Engineering and telling those Rich guys they better thank Mr Lamborghini.... Or Stephan Winkelmann
Old 04-09-2013, 06:32 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by SDB
I think in a 1/2 mile and mile events it will be all high HP rwd cars if tire technology gets a little better....rwd can launch much better than awd at a track on max effort builds...and 2000+ hp being put down by a 3000lb car will beat 1700 rwhp and 3500 lbs or 1400 and 2900 lbs in a long race starting from a dead stop.
a rwd can perhaps launch as good as a 4wd when driving on glue. When on normal asphalt or an airfield, the traction simply is not there for the rwd car.
The closest any car will get is the Ford GT with it's mid engined setup and lots of weight over the rear tyres.
But a front engine rwd car simply wont have it.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:24 PM
Staging Lane

Here's an idea. A street legal rocket car. Traction doesn't matter anymore. Boom! Win.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:43 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Awesome.

You planning to re-gear the car, or just let it eat?
Re gear. Im out of rpm at 202 mph. I'm going to put a much lower gear in, it will help with traction also!!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:20 PM
9 Second Club

I can't wait to see this! lol
Old 04-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 93Euphoria
So glad I made this thread. Im sure people are actually going to the drawing boards to take the title back for American Engineering and telling those Rich guys they better thank Mr Lamborghini.... Or Stephan Winkelmann
Amen.....that's what it's all about. Someone is on top, then someone comes to take it. That will continue until we're all racing spaceships through the standing million mile......or the 100,000 mile drag strip......lol

The UGRs will get beat, period. It's plain stupid to say they won't. And it's just as stupid to say a RWD car can never beat them.

It's all about cash.........that's it.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
a rwd can perhaps launch as good as a 4wd when driving on glue. When on normal asphalt or an airfield, the traction simply is not there for the rwd car.
The closest any car will get is the Ford GT with it's mid engined setup and lots of weight over the rear tyres.
The UGRs are what...4,000 pounds? Maybe I read that wrong somewhere.

All the RWD car has to do is strap depleted Uranium around the rear axle......and it'll stick the rear end to the ground. And yes.....depleted Uranium can be bought. Every airliner has it in them and some corporate jets. My friend has a piece that's the same dimensions as 4 Apple iPhones on a table touching end to end. Is 30 pounds. Strap 10 pieces to the rear end......then you'll have something better than the Ford GT for traction......NO?
Drag car owners put cement blocks in there trunks already, don't they.....?

Old 04-10-2013, 06:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SuperSlow02
Not sure I'd like to go 200+ in a stock body '69 camaro on the street....
http://www.bigredcamaro.com/

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicl...a/viewall.html
Old 04-10-2013, 06:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SDB
Your so wrong its funny. If someone could just get a 55K nelson 2500 hp engine and stick it into a Fbody, Vette, Mosler, Viper etc, hook up a TH400 and beat the UGR cars....IT WOULD HAVE BEEN DONE BY NOW.

People have hit it on the head...its the combo of instant traction, high rpm, power, weight, aero, etc...not power alone. There is NO car that is rwd that will ever beat them, regardless of power. The LMR vette is about as perfect as rwd will get...light car, 2000+hp, PG tranny, and 325 15in DR...and it will only beat the UGR cars from a dead stop, and will not (even when perfect and healthy) beat one from a 60 kick. By the time the LMR vette hooks due to bringin in boost slowly to keep traction the UGR car will be 5 cars ahead and still pulling.

All the GM/LS/RWD fanboys need to not talk about LMR and Nelson, etc...they will not beat the Lambos at "their" race, which is highway pull. I firmly believe the LMR vette and similar builds will dominate the mile events now...like the Heffner GT doing 260+. But on the street from a 60 kick, not going to beat the UGR cars.

Yes, the fast UGR lambos are $180K for a used G/SuperG, then $250k in build for the nasty fast version. Then if you drive it, plan on maybe $20-50K in maintenance for the year if you burn a tranny or something similar.
The vette already beat them from a "60 kick" at TI last year?
Old 04-10-2013, 06:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Ford GT would be a good car to do it with, but not everybody street races them, it seems even $$$$ people dont like to race them much because they dont want to mess them up. One of the few modern cars that is actually going up in value, and you cant buy anymore of them than what's out there.

Rear engine, can fit big tires, boost by gear, designed to MOVE up top, insanely strong transmission as they sit. If that one with the mile record can put that power down on an air strip, it could on the street. There are other cars that could get it done as well but it seems like the guys with big money like most of the UGR Lambo guys are putting their money into other cars for 1 mile events, or big dollar drag racing outfits. People have this mindset that the only rich people out there that are into cars want to buy UGR Lambos and race from 60-220 a couple times a year.

I lol at everybody that says they instantly put down 1550 hp on the street everytime, when the video of Trust vs the orange Gallardo came up, they said they had to abort some of the runs in the lambo because of traction. Obviously they are going to consistently put the power down better than a 2000 HP vette, but with that much power on streets there is no "guarantee" of it hooking every time, AWD or not.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:54 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by Speeds8erM-1

I lol at everybody that says they instantly put down 1550 hp on the street everytime, when the video of Trust vs the orange Gallardo came up, they said they had to abort some of the runs in the lambo because of traction. Obviously they are going to consistently put the power down better than a 2000 HP vette, but with that much power on streets there is no "guarantee" of it hooking every time, AWD or not.
I saw that Orange car jump lanes at 200+ mph. Owner/Driver said the car was over powering the front diff!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks. I was just about to post about Big Red! Those who dont take risks dont achieve anything! 234mph is impressive for a 69 camaro.

Heres a few videos of a 4th gen vs a UGR Gallardo at the texas mile. Pretty impressive for a RWD car.

Last edited by 93Euphoria; 04-10-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

R comps are the best tire to use for real high speed runs. Drag radials will get destroyed and don't have the speed rating. That's the reason the Texas Invitational has tire restrictions.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
R comps are the best tire to use for real high speed runs. Drag radials will get destroyed and don't have the speed rating. That's the reason the Texas Invitational has tire restrictions.
You maybe right. Heres what happens when you put the wrong tires on.

Quick Reply: Beating those 1500AWHP URG Gallardos