Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Beating those 1500AWHP URG Gallardos

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Gayle Banks 1985 body style Trans Am went 283 mph........I think he knows how to build power for high speed runs.

Again......just have to purpose build the car for roll racing.......

http://www.bankspower.com/magazines/...revival-part-1

Gayle Banks should have this engine available by now......a quite from his website: this engine should do nicely.

". Oh, and by the way, Banks is already talking about offering a fully streetable 427ci version, with splay-valve-style heads, of his Revival twin-turbo small-block Chevrolet that "should easily make 1,800 hp."

Last edited by LS6427; 04-10-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

No y in his name
Old 04-10-2013, 11:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hank Peabody
No y in his name
Habit to spell it that way........lol

Banks Power is a better name for him anyway.......

Old 04-11-2013, 12:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The whole NRE thing, don't they claim all their big HP numbers from engine dynos, so in reality a 1750awhp lambo is making a lot more than their 1800hp engine?
Old 04-11-2013, 01:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've found ONE youtube video of a car running an NRE engine at the strip. From a few years ago... Nothing else. Just **** from NRE themseleves. Meh.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:31 AM
7 Second Club

Received 319 Likes on 214 Posts

I swear these kids just read magazines and old internet articles and watch youtube videos to name drop and act like they know what they are talking about. NRE and Banks, neither of them are going to do **** to compete with the UGR Lambos at their game. We'll just ignore comparing salt flat runs or top speeds on cars to what the Lambo guys are doing, it's embarrassing...
Old 04-11-2013, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NicD
I swear these kids just read magazines and old internet articles and watch youtube videos to name drop and act like they know what they are talking about. NRE and Banks, neither of them are going to do **** to compete with the UGR Lambos at their game. We'll just ignore comparing salt flat runs or top speeds on cars to what the Lambo guys are doing, it's embarrassing...
So that means you give up and have some foreigner cars come to the U.S with there lambos embarrassing american cars? IMO nope. Someone will build eventually a car with an american engine that will stomp on those gallardos. LMR Vettes or Vipers look like the best choices.

Hate to be a NRE dick ryder but NRE posted a video a few years back about them building a TT Diablo. Who knows whats the status of that build. Maybe they gave up?!

Heres banks TT Trans Am of 86.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:13 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by merim123
you're comparing gale banks to a guy that is knocking on 7s?

edit knocking on 6s?
-

lol,,, Never seen a Banks engine in the racing series either? I think the sponsors on the site deserve some credit. They ARE building the engines that ARE being proven at the track in the LSx series. Drag racing!
Old 04-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

I think I agree (in parts) with both camps. Sure it would be nice to have a homegrown vehicle run with the Gallardos but ... Right now, there simply isn't anything that can play in their environment and win.
Not many people with the dollars to buy a UGR Gallardo so I appreciate (no matter how arrogant the owners may be ) the guys who own them that actually run them on the streets!
Some one has to be top dog and right now, those UGRs are ruling in beast mode. But every dog has its day. Not a single thing on earth remains TOP DAWG forever.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how many of u have actually grabbed a lane with a ugr car? I know 1sicz28 has. I ran SW a couple years ago. I dont think anyone realizes how fast they actually are from the hit. You had better be able to put it all down and all down instantly or it's over. u ain't gonna have the mph to pull one back. Also they usually will never leave on a even race. Always got to have the hit

Last edited by AutomagicLS1; 04-11-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:26 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by 93Euphoria
blah blah blah
You're one of the kids I'm referring to. Stop quoting some "project" car of NRE's that hasn't done **** and some ancient Banks f-body that ran for top speed at the salt flats, all of which have nothing to do with the discussion at hand. Yeah yeah I know you started the thread but that doesn't mean you have a clue.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Banned

So who will do ****? One of the sponsors here....lol. That's laughable. No money and no reason to do it. Is gonna take a customer with CASH to spend on a purpose built roll racer. But they are gonna have someone like NRE build the engine. Nobody builds boosted engines like NRE, nobody.

This is all about traction and the CAR.....not the engine. Many shops can toss together a 2,000 HP engine.....it's making the CAR work for roll racing.
The shop locally here in Lauderdale built a 430ci LSX single turbo that's in a Grand National running high 7's and he drives it on the street all the time. It makes 2,300 HP. That shop can build the engine. The engine IS NOT the issue. Its the CAR.

When someone with cash wants to build, or have built, a roll race car to beat the UGRs.......it will happen, period. Just because someone haven't done it does not mean it can't be done. That's ridiculous.

The NRE powered Mosler might be able to beat the UGRs right now.....only way to find out is to line them up.......1800 HP in a MUCH lighter car...probably win. If not, do some work on its traction and y again.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Staging Lane

lol so much clueless nonsense and bench racing...

what makes you think a salt flat car that can go 280+ has a chance on the street from a 70 roll?

are you that dumb to not understand the difference?

this isnt about building a 2000hp car and winning. The chances of a rwd car beating these lambos are slim to none.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:14 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS6427
Blah
And you're the other kid in this room talking about the same BS and speculation with no actual facts or anything to back up... anything.

Well what if NRE put their 3000 horsepower TT motor into a mosler and ran, then what? LMFAO GTFO dude.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You're one of the kids I'm referring to. Stop quoting some "project" car of NRE's that hasn't done **** and some ancient Banks f-body that ran for top speed at the salt flats, all of which have nothing to do with the discussion at hand. Yeah yeah I know you started the thread but that doesn't mean you have a clue.
Dude why are you getting your panties in a bunch? lmfao How can I be a kid when it sounds like you’re getting your feelings hurt for talking about NRE? Damn grow up man. Just because you’re insecure about your own feelings doesnt mean you have to throw insults to other people saying “you have no clue” I doubt you have a clue that its not so much about the power but more about the traction, wheels, suspension, transmission, gears, ect..... BTW nice way to twist my words by typing bla bla bla. Thats very mature of your character. lmfao you need to GTFO because no one wants to hear you bitch and complain. Now can you move on and talk like a man or do you want to keep trolling?

Last edited by 93Euphoria; 04-11-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Camper
lol so much clueless nonsense and bench racing...

what makes you think a salt flat car that can go 280+ has a chance on the street from a 70 roll?

are you that dumb to not understand the difference?

this isnt about building a 2000hp car and winning. The chances of a rwd car beating these lambos are slim to none.
I know this comment isnt directed at me but no need for name calling. Its all about the traction, suspension, wheels, tires, tranny, gears, ect... I think he knows that slightly but not stating enough of it. It is possible to beat those lambos but some just havent figured out a way. I believe a RWD can beat an AWD car but none cant seem to find away to put Bugatti size wheels and tires with a 6 speed tranny to hold that power and be reliable. 2 speed power-glide is just going to get there asses handed to them.

Last edited by 93Euphoria; 04-11-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:26 PM
TECH Addict

I didnt read all the garbage but as long as we are dropping names, Total Race from Russia could get it done lol.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:41 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by 93Euphoria
Dude why are you getting your panties in a bunch? lmfao How can I be a kid when it sounds like you’re getting your feelings hurt for talking about NRE? Damn grow up man. Just because you’re insecure about your own feelings doesnt mean you have to throw insults to other people saying “you have no clue” I doubt you have a clue that its not so much about the power but more about the traction, wheels, suspension, transmission, gears, ect..... BTW nice way to twist my words by typing bla bla bla. Thats very mature of your character. lmfao you need to GTFO because no one wants to hear you bitch and complain. Now can you move on and talk like a man or do you want to keep trolling?
No, I'm going to keep trolling this stupid thread with baseless assumptions. And if you didn't catch on I shortened your garbage to 'blah' because I had no intention of replying to each one of your ridiculous statements. But hey let's keep talking about people that haven't and won't do anything to compete.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Does Tom Nelsons semen really taste like C16?
Old 04-11-2013, 08:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Have any of you NRE nut riders actually had any first hand experience with one of his 2000+ hp set ups? Or do you know anyone personally that has?

Quick Reply: Beating those 1500AWHP URG Gallardos