Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Beating those 1500AWHP URG Gallardos

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NicD
No, I'm going to keep trolling this stupid thread with baseless assumptions. And if you didn't catch on I shortened your garbage to 'blah' because I had no intention of replying to each one of your ridiculous statements. But hey let's keep talking about people that haven't and won't do anything to compete.
If its stupid & getting on your nerves then why are you posting on it? Jesus its funny how some people get all sentimental about a thread talking UGR. I mean are they that threatening to you? Its only a thread with people talking about beating those UGR gallardos. Its not a thread that is trying to hurt your feelings. lol But of-course someone wants to try to impress people on here by trying to call people names and act like there Mr hotshot. Nothing wrong with wanting to kill those UGR cars. Just because you think its impossible doesnt mean its really impossible every car enthusiast with deep pockets. That is how competition grows! Now lets get back to the debates, fantasies & potential reality.....
Old 04-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Camper
lol so much clueless nonsense and bench racing...

what makes you think a salt flat car that can go 280+ has a chance on the street from a 70 roll?

are you that dumb to not understand the difference?

this isnt about building a 2000hp car and winning. The chances of a rwd car beating these lambos are slim to none.
It's obvious you can read....but you are having trouble comprehending.

All I keep saying, throughout this thread, is someone needs to put together a PURPOSE BUILT ROLL RACER.......do you understand now.......can you understand those words and what they mean?

I never said to put a ****** salt flats car on the street and line up for a 60mph punch race with a UGR. I'm saying NRE can build the engine that will KILL any UGR level car as far as power goes....THEN.......and here's the part you and Nicd can't wrap your minds around for some reason........THEN BUILD A ROLL RACE SPECIFIC CAR.........

One more time.......choose a builder, any builder, like NRE or 10 other builders in this world that can build a mean 2,000 HP engine........THEN CONCENTRATE ON BUILDING A PURPOSE BUILT ROLL RACING TRACTION MACHINE.

Just like the engineers at Lambo did.......then they slapped a GIANT price tag on it for rich people to come buy it.

As soon as someone like NRE, or whoever, decides to beat the UGRs, and builds something for that purpose.....the UGRs will not be on top anymore. That's racing. Simple as that.

Now if you and a couple other people in this thread want to just be totally discredited in anything you have to say.......keep posting up that a RWD car will never beat a AWD car from a 60 roll. Then when the day comes when it happens, what will you have to say......" Uh, we'll, wow, pretty cool man".

It's going to happen......PERIOD. That's how **** works.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 04-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NemeSS
Eh, nothing to watch from scared people with no vision.

This is a good thread for all of us Vette/FBody people.......it makes us all think.

Personally, my AES forged 390ci was just started up last week, it's getting tuned Monday or Tuesday after my exhaust gets installed Monday morning. I'm having the Modular Turbo/CBR Twin Turbo kit installed. I'm gonna set it up to make 1,200 RWHP. It's gonna be my starter car into the world of boosted cars. I have plans maybe at years end to have an LSX iron 402ci built with 6 bolt heads and slam it with a lot more power and build the car for roll racing only. Mini tub, chassis work, suspension work, aero work, whatever it takes to make it hook as good as possible.

So I like this thread and listening to ideas........negativity and just giving up is just bullshit. And quite cheesy for the real performance enthusiasts.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

So cliffnotes for anyone just joining us, the question being argued is can a RWD high horsepower car ever beat the AWD UGR cars.

Guys who've never driven more than 500whp cars: YES and NRE are the guys to do it (not sure what NRE has to do with anything, he builds poser cars, nothing wrong with that, theres a market for it, but they are built for dyno numbers and street cruising)

Guys who've owned and driven 700whp+ car: NO

Go build your 1200whp car and get a VBox or PBox and see if you can get your 60-130 under 4.0 seconds, you'll soon realize you'll never get anywhere close to an AWD high horsepower car on the street. Those guys run low 3s.

If it was possible to beat the UGR cars on the highway, a bike with a drag radial would have done it by now.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

new cliffnotes- the youtube bench race wars are over. it's time to let this thread fade away.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NemeSS
im not going to respond to the guy playing fantasy racecar like it fantasy football or something..
Old 04-12-2013, 03:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread is more exciting than when my Girlfriend wanted to see that last Twilight movie.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 67maro
I dont understand why everyone keeps talking about Nelson. Lets talk about some one who has accomplished something in racing like Pro Line Motors.
With you on that one. PROLINE has actually proved their beast setups on the street. Would be very interesting to see some of their vehicles hit the street on high rolls.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:37 PM
7 Second Club

Received 310 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by 93Euphoria
If its stupid & getting on your nerves then why are you posting on it? Jesus its funny how some people get all sentimental about a thread talking UGR. I mean are they that threatening to you? Its only a thread with people talking about beating those UGR gallardos. Its not a thread that is trying to hurt your feelings. lol But of-course someone wants to try to impress people on here by trying to call people names and act like there Mr hotshot. Nothing wrong with wanting to kill those UGR cars. Just because you think its impossible doesnt mean its really impossible every car enthusiast with deep pockets. That is how competition grows! Now lets get back to the debates, fantasies & potential reality.....
Yup, that's it. Keep going...
Old 04-12-2013, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blackpanther99
With you on that one. PROLINE has actually proved their beast setups on the street. Would be very interesting to see some of their vehicles hit the street on high rolls.
I have nothing but respect for proline. They have been proven over the years. I think some of us are getting too carried away with the engines when that is not the problem. We should argue more about the Drive-train, Wheels & Tires, and suspension. But no one will beat those gallardos if no one has any courage. Insults is what you get for having the courage of making a thread to open peoples minds up to possibilities. Instead they want to have a cowardly attitude and say “nope its impossible to beat those gallardos, your just fantasizing so lets just leave it at that”

I guess it makes people’s hearts skip a beat when you mention UnderGround Racing’s success. lol But only time will tell..........

ATS or AWD CTS would be a good car to play with. Aero isnt everything. Theres still possibilities.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Guess its time for a tube chassis awd vehicle to take them on since modified proudction vehicles aren't comptetive enough yet. I can't even fathom a sub 4 sec 60-130 run.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

What if you took a Trailblazer SS, took the body off, so just left with drivetrain and frame, then put a fiberglass body of your choice on and a 2000hp engine, that should be around 3500# and awd.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 93Euphoria
I have nothing but respect for proline. They have been proven over the years. I think some of us are getting too carried away with the engines when that is not the problem. We should argue more about the Drive-train, Wheels & Tires, and suspension. But no one will beat those gallardos if no one has any courage. Insults is what you get for having the courage of making a thread to open peoples minds up to possibilities. Instead they want to have a cowardly attitude and say “nope its impossible to beat those gallardos, your just fantasizing so lets just leave it at that”

I guess it makes people’s hearts skip a beat when you mention UnderGround Racing’s success. lol But only time will tell..........

ATS or AWD CTS would be a good car to play with. Aero isnt everything. Theres still possibilities.
Proline builds the motors for Lambo.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 67maro
Proline builds the motors for Lambo.
Yeap And thats why they have been proven!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:00 PM
Launching!

A 997 just ran 174 in the 1/4 so did Eddie bellos 911, so yes ....IMHO the ford gt TT'S and viper TT's are good candidates too....just a matter of time

Last edited by abbaskhan; 04-12-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by abbaskhan
A 997 just ran 174 in the 1/4 so did Eddie bellos 911, so yes ....IMHO the ford gt TT'S and viper TT's are good candidates too....just a matter of time
Lambo's running 180's right now... and I don't see them staying at that speed.. they will get faster.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:09 AM
Teching In

Wow , I know this is ls1 damn this ls nutswinging. No one has mentioned that the t1 gtr did pull a ugr R car with less power. 911s are the quickest 60-130 car when compared to gtrs and lambos that make the same power. Only problem is they dont make the power that the gtrs and lambos make. These races are not about power but drivetrain ,powerband ,and shift points. Just having 2000hp ist going to cut it.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:00 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Proline does all of the engine work for UGR
Old 04-13-2013, 08:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Lambo's running 180's right now... and I don't see them staying at that speed.. they will get faster.
lol here is a video of lambo in the 8.3's at 181 mph..

Quick Reply: Beating those 1500AWHP URG Gallardos