Beating those 1500AWHP URG Gallardos

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 05:29 PM
EMP
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BADMOON
We are talking about on the street where traction is everything
The TI event is on a dusty runway, most roads in Texas offer the same or more traction. Only real difference is the ability to heat the tires before the race. Which most cars take advantage of including the Lambos.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:14 PM
TECH Regular

They have the power for 7s, just need some stickier tires and launch it like your trying to break it!

Oops repost lol, still sick!

Last edited by droksformula; 04-04-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by badhombre
UGR is still on top because NRE is having trouble deciding what kind of vehicle it wants to use to beat them with lol
All NRE seem to be interested in doing is posting up their own dyno sheets and doing skids on video.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HarshReality
They're are around $180K + or - $5k and you'd have money left over considering what these lambo's cost. Personally I would just get into Top Fuel Dragsters. I don't see throwing that type of money into a lambo.
You sound like you don't know much. How much will it cost to rebuilt that top fuel engine after each pass? Yeah rebuilt an engine every 4 seconds seems like a much wiser financial decision
Old 04-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS6427
Have you guys ever seen that older style Skyline that some Japanese guys built. They did like 13 seconds zero-200 mph.....? Total street car.......

Don't remember the horsepower, but IIRC it was around 1,800 AWHP. I think that Skyline might take the UGR's......

I'm trying to find the video of the 0-200 run......

I think NRE needs to build something with an LSX iron block to take these UGR's out in a roll race.......he can do it if he feels like it.......

Top Secret in Japan, the dude that runs the shop is named Smokey Nagata (unsure of spelling..) There are a bunch of videos on youtube of his builds. Car builds a damn fast car, thats for sure...
Old 04-04-2013, 07:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old video...

Old 04-04-2013, 07:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
So where there no Ford GT's ? Surely they are the biggest rival for the Lambo's ?
Honestly I think the biggest rivals for the UGR Lambos would be the GTRs.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think some are missing some things about the LMR vs Lambo race. The LMR car was underpowered due to a fuel issue. The roads were cold and the advantage went to the AWD car from a high roll. If LMR takes the blue Vette back to the Texas Invitational and if it does not break I think it will win again. When you can do a good burn out b4 a run on a hot runway. Traction is not a problem...
Old 04-05-2013, 12:01 AM
Staging Lane

Apples and oranges. You can't compare the foreign awd to American muscle. Their worlds apart.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by VINCE
I think some are missing some things about the LMR vs Lambo race. The LMR car was underpowered due to a fuel issue. The roads were cold and the advantage went to the AWD car from a high roll. If LMR takes the blue Vette back to the Texas Invitational and if it does not break I think it will win again. When you can do a good burn out b4 a run on a hot runway. Traction is not a problem...
Then leave it on the trailer and don't embarrass the whole ls community trying to race THE fastest street racing cars in the country with a broke *** car , on video.

their excuses dont make me feel better........glad they work great for you.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by TrickrTreat
Then leave it on the trailer and don't embarrass the whole ls community trying to race THE fastest street racing cars in the country with a broke *** car , on video.

their excuses dont make me feel better........glad they work great for you.
Being friends with owners of both cars this post does nothing but make me laugh.

They race for fun and bragging rights. People bitch about the vette losing but **** happens. The lambo's came prepared that night the vette didn't. You win some and you lose some that's racing. The only other car to line up with the Orange lambo was Trust's GTR. Had my car been ready I would have raced them myself like I have before.

They will race again at the Texas Invitational next weekend and vids will be posted, win or lose.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:05 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Fact is, different setups work at doing different things. Can't expect a car that does well at a dragstrip to be a great roll racer, and vice-versa.

F-body and vettes and other rwd domestics are in the 6's, let's see a UGR car do that. Corvettes dominate road courses. Don't see any lambo's winning 24-hours of Daytona or LeMans.

So the UGR cars are nasty roll racers and dominate the 60-130 highway pulls. Ok. Their setup and configuration works for that.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:25 AM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Originally Posted by EMP
The TI event is on a dusty runway, most roads in Texas offer the same or more traction. Only real difference is the ability to heat the tires before the race. Which most cars take advantage of including the Lambos.
That runway hooks better that any highway I've been on. Shouldn't talk about something you know nothing about.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

For the all around package that the UR lambo is ( DD ability, a/c, luxury, stereo, gobs of speed, awd) nothing american will touch that. The corvette is a great car, but it has to give some of the creature comforts, e.g. needs a PG trans.., I wouldn't drive around a corvette with a 2 sp trans on the street.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
Being friends with owners of both cars this post does nothing but make me laugh.

They race for fun and bragging rights. People bitch about the vette losing but **** happens. The lambo's came prepared that night the vette didn't. You win some and you lose some that's racing. The only other car to line up with the Orange lambo was Trust's GTR. Had my car been ready I would have raced them myself like I have before.

They will race again at the Texas Invitational next weekend and vids will be posted, win or lose.
I completely agree , i guess i should have clarified a little more on what i was getting at. obviously it was an exhibition run , no money no harm no foul . I just get tired of all these internet warriors that feel the need to breakdown every detail of a race and search the forums for excuses as to why one car one or lost.
They raced , they got beat. done. who cares about the tune , the boost, woulda shoulda coulda its done. I would have loved the vette to win but oh well. The people who get all offended about it just have issues.

They obviously werent worried about losing because they raced a car that wasnt up to its full potential up against said ugr cars. They saw real quick that they were out matched and still had a blast doing it! props to the vette, i woulda done the same
Old 04-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by merim123
For the all around package that the UR lambo is ( DD ability, a/c, luxury, stereo, gobs of speed, awd) nothing american will touch that. The corvette is a great car, but it has to give some of the creature comforts, e.g. needs a PG trans.., I wouldn't drive around a corvette with a 2 sp trans on the street.

Why not? A glide drives just fine on the street. I can't even notice with all the low speed torque in my car.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Stumped1215
[/COLOR]

Why not? A glide drives just fine on the street. I can't even notice with all the low speed torque in my car.
just preference, I like rowing my own, more fun for me.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:43 AM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Fact is, different setups work at doing different things. Can't expect a car that does well at a dragstrip to be a great roll racer, and vice-versa.

F-body and vettes and other rwd domestics are in the 6's, let's see a UGR car do that. Corvettes dominate road courses. Don't see any lambo's winning 24-hours of Daytona or LeMans.

So the UGR cars are nasty roll racers and dominate the 60-130 highway pulls. Ok. Their setup and configuration works for that.
The UGR car is not a dedicated drag car, so why would it run 6's ? Do you see any Lambo's entered in Daytona or LeMans ? Are 4wd cars even allowed ?
That's like saying there are no Lambo's winning Nascar.

Like for like, a road car on road tyres the UGR cars are more than simply 60-130 cars. Clearly they are superior 0-250mph cars under normal conditions.
ie, not driving on glue which most of the front engine rwd cars need to get traction.

I cant really see why anyone would knock them. They are superb pieces of engineering in every respect.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Seeing these cars run the last three years at TX2K they are hard to beat on the street. Should be some good racing next weekend at TI.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:27 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
The UGR car is not a dedicated drag car, so why would it run 6's ? Do you see any Lambo's entered in Daytona or LeMans ? Are 4wd cars even allowed ?
That's like saying there are no Lambo's winning Nascar.

Like for like, a road car on road tyres the UGR cars are more than simply 60-130 cars. Clearly they are superior 0-250mph cars under normal conditions.
ie, not driving on glue which most of the front engine rwd cars need to get traction.

I cant really see why anyone would knock them. They are superb pieces of engineering in every respect.
I'm not disagreeig with you, quite the opposite. What I'm saying is each style and layout for each car has different qualities that make it superior in doing one thing verses another.

Trust me, if I had a quarter million sitting around, I'd be on a plane to North Carolina to get a UGR car. I absolutely love the sound of the lambo's on full tilt with the e-gear transmission shifting perfectly. I would rather have a tt gallardo than just about any other exotic. I'd take a tt gallardo 100 out of 100 times vs. an aventador, mclaren, ferrari, etc etc.

This isn't an overnight thing that the UGR cars jumped on the scene. I remember when they were doing awd to rwd conversions on them at the higher hp levels because they were having issues with something in the awd holding up. Obviously they engineered a fix for that just like being able to push the power up to 1600-1800rwhp. Add in custom gear sets, and it's clear that UGR clearly has their sites set on making the UGR TT cars unbeatable at this high speed game.

My only point was that sometimes when you try and adapt your game to play someone elses game, it might not work out. Sometimes you need to figure out what you're really good at, and focus on that. It seems that when it comes to roll racing and even mile events, the lambos are pretty spot on. What aero did they even do to their cars to run 250+? I honestly don't know, but I see what a lot of the other cars are trying to do to catch up and it makes you wonder how the tt gallardos are able to that with what looks like factory aero.

Quick Reply: Beating those 1500AWHP URG Gallardos