Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Beating those 1500AWHP URG Gallardos

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 05:11 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I still don't know why it's a big deal that a quarter to half million dollar car is king of the roll race. Would I prefer it to be a GM based car/drivetrain combo, sure, but I don't feel bad that the UGR Lambos are king of the hill for roll racing. Let's see them run from a dig and see what happens.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

From dig runs it sure is a whole different story for the UGR Lambos.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:23 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by Blackpanther99
From dig runs it sure is a whole different story for the UGR Lambos.
Do you think the lambo guys or UGR are making topics about how to get their cars to 1.2, 1.3 1.4 60'? Or how they get their doors blown off at a traffic light because their gearing is so tall? I doubt it.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Do you think the lambo guys or UGR are making topics about how to get their cars to 1.2, 1.3 1.4 60'? Or how they get their doors blown off at a traffic light because their gearing is so tall? I doubt it.
They sure dont!
Old 06-01-2013, 07:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Got some news for you. The UGR cars are trapping low 180s at the dragstrip. I dont think they have any issues from a roll OR dig.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wasn't there a race today? that LASTLS1 was at?
Old 06-01-2013, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Got some news for you. The UGR cars are trapping low 180s at the dragstrip. I dont think they have any issues from a roll OR dig.

Well, its not fair to say they don't have issues, there are plenty of cars on the streets (grudge types) that will hand them their *** in the 1/4, granted its different from a roll but the playing field is leveled somewhat in a drag race. 8 seconds @ 180 or 8 seconds at 160 doesnt matter, its who gets to the end first, not the fastest.

So, my humble opinion is yes.... if they go to a drag strip occasionally, they would have a huge problem getting beat by a street car at the track.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DaGreightOne
But that would be a race car not a practical street car.
Only the sane as a ultima gtr or factory 5 gtm!

But yes these lambos will be increadabily hard to beat for a street car. Although very very expensive (esp after mods) cars. I think they are great. Although missing the point a little. After all the total investment just to have a fast street car is ridiculous. If you wanted a fast street car (read fastest and quickest in the world) just copy andy frosts Redvictor3! Think he has done a 6.62 1/4 mile recently.

EDIT: sorry thats 6.50 at 226mph! **** me those lambos are slow.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by chuntington101
Only the sane as a ultima gtr or factory 5 gtm!

But yes these lambos will be increadabily hard to beat for a street car. Although very very expensive (esp after mods) cars. I think they are great. Although missing the point a little. After all the total investment just to have a fast street car is ridiculous. If you wanted a fast street car (read fastest and quickest in the world) just copy andy frosts Redvictor3! Think he has done a 6.62 1/4 mile recently.

EDIT: sorry thats 6.50 at 226mph! **** me those lambos are slow.
I would much rather drive the Lambo than that car. That is a stripped out race car with a tag and street tires... and IMO.. looks stupid driving on the street with those tires, wing, and parachutes.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

I would much rather drive the Lambo than that car. That is a stripped out race car with a tag and street tires... and IMO.. looks stupid driving on the street with those tires, wing, and parachutes.
Who wouldnt love to drive a Lambo.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blackpanther99
Who wouldnt love to drive a Lambo.
I would hump the tailpipes on that thing.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

I would hump the tailpipes on that thing.

Well looks like these Lambos sure did leave their mark at the last TX2K. Lets see how bad those badboys come to the next event.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:16 AM
TECH Addict

Your missing my point somewhat there. I guess I'm saying what's the point of a 1600+ awhp Lamborghini if all you do is drive it in a straight line? The cars have good chassis and handle well especially as they are mostly 4wd! Same hose for the mad powered GTRs. Yeah they are great and very fast but one dimenssional.

What I would like to see is how fast say a 1000bhp Lamborghini is around say a track compared to say a koenigsegg.

As for andy's redvictor3, he set out to have the fastest street car in the world and he has done it. Not with a massive team behind him and on limited budget. He is a legend in my eyes!
Old 06-03-2013, 01:32 AM
Banned

I almost **** a brick buying Koni's.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:12 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by Tiago
wasn't there a race today? that LASTLS1 was at?
Only went 208. The track was a little tricky for a drag car
Old 06-03-2013, 08:17 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
Only went 208. The track was a little tricky for a drag car

only? LOL

only a handful of cars have gone faster that I know of....
Old 06-03-2013, 08:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by chuntington101
Your missing my point somewhat there. I guess I'm saying what's the point of a 1600+ awhp Lamborghini if all you do is drive it in a straight line? The cars have good chassis and handle well especially as they are mostly 4wd! Same hose for the mad powered GTRs. Yeah they are great and very fast but one dimenssional.

What I would like to see is how fast say a 1000bhp Lamborghini is around say a track compared to say a koenigsegg.

As for andy's redvictor3, he set out to have the fastest street car in the world and he has done it. Not with a massive team behind him and on limited budget. He is a legend in my eyes!
He definitely has a fast car... but you counter your own point above... he is MOST DEFINITELY a one dimensional car.. straight line only. The 1000+hp lambos and gtr's on the other hand, could tear a road course up with no problem at all. Have you seen what a Lambo or GTR can do on a road course?
Old 06-04-2013, 02:25 AM
TECH Addict

He definitely has a fast car... but you counter your own point above... he is MOST DEFINITELY a one dimensional car.. straight line only. The 1000+hp lambos and gtr's on the other hand, could tear a road course up with no problem at all. Have you seen what a Lambo or GTR can do on a road course?
Andy's car is one dimensional because he took a POS car and turned into the best in the world! what im getting at is why waste a fantastic car like the lambo to turn it into a drag / mile / road race queen? You are taking a VERY capable car and making it do one thing well at a ridiculous cost and at the expense of the other things it can do well. i understand the whole 'because we can' thing and i think that’s great. but sometimes you have to step back and look at the bigger picture.

I have seen vids of high BHP GTR trying to be driven around a track, THEY DONT WORK! either too much engine for the chassis, and GTR have a great chassis, or engines that only last 2 min! There are several GTRs in various time attack series throughout the world and they never do that well. Why? because you can make similar levels of manageable power (ie put it to the ground and still maintain some drivability) in lighter cars, like EVOs and scoobys. You want to solely go fast around a race track? buy a Radical SR8, JUNO V6, Norman M20, Porsche 997RSR!

the lambos might be different and be able to handle the power. It would be great if they could. i just haven't seen anyone with a 1600bhp lambo use it like it was designed to be used.

Maybe I’m just jealous.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:34 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Show me any road course race car with that much power? Seriously, any race series or race car. Honestly, on most race courses, you don't need that much power to go fast because you never have a long enough straight to use all that power, with the exception maybe being LeMans with their huge straights. Race courses are dominated by cars that handle, hence why the C5/6R corvettes domninated because they had enough handling to be able to use the power they were generating.

Fact is, a 1000+hp car appeals to a certain market of consumer, and those people love to go fast in a straight line.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Show me any road course race car with that much power? Seriously, any race series or race car. Honestly, on most race courses, you don't need that much power to go fast because you never have a long enough straight to use all that power, with the exception maybe being LeMans with their huge straights. Race courses are dominated by cars that handle, hence why the C5/6R corvettes domninated because they had enough handling to be able to use the power they were generating.

Fact is, a 1000+hp car appeals to a certain market of consumer, and those people love to go fast in a straight line.
Go look at pretty much any time attack series. The top cars will be 800-1000bhp turbocharged cars! but then there are people that drive 600kg (1300+lbs) Caterham 7 style cars with 550-600bhp 2.0ltr turbo motors in them around tracks! Then there are the hypercars like the koenigsegg, Vayron, etc that have a simlar level of power that people drive around tracks. Not to mention the plethora of Turbo 911s out there with Big pwoer (800++bhp) that are tracked!

I do see your point that there becomes a point where power is simply weasted but it is dependent on the chassis, track, tyres and most importantly the driver.

Quick Reply: Beating those 1500AWHP URG Gallardos