Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

PROJECT RED ROCKET TUNING HAS STARTED! AES390, Twin turbo, 4l80e. PG21, Post 408! :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 12:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MillsMotorvation
Love the detail!! Makes me want to go out and redo my car. Didn't clean as well as I should have, nice work!
Thank ya! Im really trying to take my time because i know the car isnt going to get done this year. it will be March '14 at the earliest. Before this build, the car had a D1 procharger on it and i just wanted it on, so i just kind of threw it together, didnt really care what it looked like, but i was kind of embarrassed to open the hood because of all the clutter and dirtiness. So this time around i wanted it where when i popped the hood, people would lose their **** lol Or at least notice i did put some time into it.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by allout06
Thank ya! Im really trying to take my time because i know the car isnt going to get done this year. it will be March '14 at the earliest. Before this build, the car had a D1 procharger on it and i just wanted it on, so i just kind of threw it together, didnt really care what it looked like, but i was kind of embarrassed to open the hood because of all the clutter and dirtiness. So this time around i wanted it where when i popped the hood, people would lose their **** lol Or at least notice i did put some time into it.
Im pretty sure you will achieve that goal! haha!

Next spring we need to make plans to go for a long *** cruise. I know another guy here with a 1000+ hp GTO, im sure he'd go tear **** up with us!
Old 07-05-2013, 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JAX04
Im pretty sure you will achieve that goal! haha!

Next spring we need to make plans to go for a long *** cruise. I know another guy here with a 1000+ hp GTO, im sure he'd go tear **** up with us!
Sounds like a plan to me dude! Im tired of going to our "lots" and its a bunch of 30yr old lifted POS 4wd trucks, and fuking mid 90's neons. just a bunch of junk... lol. itd be nice to meet some ppl with some bad *** ****!

My buddy just made 644rwhp though with my old D1 setup. pretty impressive! Heres his thread

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...dyno-week.html
Old 07-05-2013, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lol ive looked at ur thread several times but i just seen that we live in the same city.I have watched ur thread because of the aes motor. I have a aes 408 with a pt88. Are u going to take it to muncie? If u do give me a shout. Car is looking good
Old 07-05-2013, 09:21 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by allout06
Thank ya sirs! lol. Hopefully ill be able to start it by the end of august. We will see. Before i can start it, i have to..

-Finish DP and wastegates
-Fab cold side
-Buy/Install fuel system
-Relocate battery
-Buy/Install ABS Delete kit

That should allow me to start it and make sure nothing is going to leak, squeal, grind, pop, smoke or explode. Then itll be a waiting game on money so i can purchase a tranny and converter..
Where u gettin the ABS delete from? What do you think about not having it on the street? Big deal not having it? I'm trying to de clutter my engine bay as well.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:06 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 00duvall
Lol ive looked at ur thread several times but i just seen that we live in the same city.I have watched ur thread because of the aes motor. I have a aes 408 with a pt88. Are u going to take it to muncie? If u do give me a shout. Car is looking good
ya ill probably take it a couple times. it is being built to be fun on the street so it probably won't do as well as it should for the power it'll make.

you live in kokomo? what car is ur 408 goin in? whats ur name?

Originally Posted by LS1RedZ
Where u gettin the ABS delete from? What do you think about not having it on the street? Big deal not having it? I'm trying to de clutter my engine bay as well.
ill get the abs delete from SJM (i think thats the mfg) and im not worried about it on the street. i don't drive it in the rain or snow lol. I've read that ppl actually get a better feel from the brake pedal. we shall see
Old 07-06-2013, 12:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

nice build! looks sick. i too have a parts bag of "misc **** i lost track of" lol
Old 07-06-2013, 01:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by westxwitesnake05
nice build! looks sick. i too have a parts bag of "misc **** i lost track of" lol
My bag has now evolved into a box lol.... Mainly cuz i keep going out and buying shiney new bolts haha
Old 07-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Teching In

Awesome
Old 07-12-2013, 09:09 PM
TECH Addict

Getting ready to finish fabbing the down pipes tomorrow!

Old 07-13-2013, 09:03 PM
TECH Resident

You're doing a pretty good job, man!
Old 07-13-2013, 09:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lets see those fab skills allout! How long you think you will take to finish the fabrication up?
Old 07-14-2013, 04:24 AM
TECH Addict

haha thanks guys. im a shitty fabricator, i had a buddy come over tonight and give me a hand. we got the DPs pretty much done. im taking them Monday to be tig welded. fabrication should be done in a few weeks. we didnt have time to plumb the wastagates so well do that here soon. over all it turned out pretty good. i wanted to keep a DP on each side of the motor. the way we had the piping coming off the manifolds left very little wiggle room on the drivers side, so we actually went under the sway bar and back up through the k-member. ill get some pics after its all finished being welded. i don't wanna move them to much, i don't wanna take a chance of breaking a tack weld.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:27 AM
TECH Addict

heres the DPs not mounted. were not professionals so we just kinda winged it. first time building a turbo setup so.....be easy lol.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:20 AM
Teching In

Nice build bro! You are a lot farther along than I am.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:40 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Treys06gto
Nice build bro! You are a lot farther along than I am.

thanks. i feel like i have so far to go :-/.

where r u at?
Old 07-17-2013, 08:13 AM
Teching In

Was in texas now im stationed in Hawaii. Here for one more year then back to texas.. All ive done is put my deposit down on my block. Did you supply the heads and they ported them or did everything come from AES brand new?
Old 07-17-2013, 08:33 AM
12 Second Club

Looking good! I'm at the point of doing my engine bay for my turbo setup now that I have some downtime. Def gonna take my time after seeing this!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by coolmanvette75
Looking good! I'm at the point of doing my engine bay for my turbo setup now that I have some downtime. Def gonna take my time after seeing this!
right on man. good luck. And thanks! def worth takin your time.

Originally Posted by Treys06gto
Was in texas now im stationed in Hawaii. Here for one more year then back to texas.. All ive done is put my deposit down on my block. Did you supply the heads and they ported them or did everything come from AES brand new?
they had heads there they port and polish. stainless over sized valves dual valve springs etc etc. paid $1000 for my heads. cant really beat em.

side note: my thread isnt updating when someone replies in.it for some reason.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:40 PM
TECH Addict

Got my down pipes all welded up and mounted. going to fab up the WGs in the next couple weeks. i had no.choice but to go under the sway bar on the drivers side. on a.good note, there is plenty of.clearance to the ground and around the sway bar. first time building a turbo kit and i chose twin turbo so i had to compromise to make it work. like i said, im no professional.

Quick Reply: PROJECT RED ROCKET TUNING HAS STARTED! AES390, Twin turbo, 4l80e. PG21, Post 408! :)