Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Brute Speed Aster Bracket and Meziere 55 GPM street pump

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Brute Speed Aster Bracket and Meziere 55 GPM street pump

Okay,

I have done research and found out that I will not be able to run the 55 GPM street pump with the procharger aster bracket. While on the phone with meziere I came up with an idea and was wandering if anyone has tried this.

My current electric waterpump needs to get a bearing replaced in it and I asked if there was a smaller option to the big bell like idle pulley that sits on the electric motor. Unfortunately there is not another option. But the reason why I have the electric water pump is that I like the ability to cool my engine with out it running. And I would like to keep that option when I bolt a F series blower on the front of my motor.

But I came up with a possible idea and was wandering if this is possible. Maybe I can completely remove the front bell off of the water pump (saving me money) and only run a belt around the power steering pump, altenator and crank. Has anyone out there attempted to try this?
Old 05-30-2013, 06:59 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

http://www.meziere.com/ps-1510-1523-wp330n.aspx
Perhaps the Meziere LS3 pump has a smaller idler. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 05-30-2013, 07:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just go to a remote mount pump
Old 05-30-2013, 10:34 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by skinnies
just go to a remote mount pump
x2 ^^^
Old 05-31-2013, 05:59 PM
Staging Lane

The WP330, WP329, WP331 all have the same pulley as the WP319. The complete front motor section is the same on all the pumps. Just FYI the motor section is a WP359.

The pulley can be removed from the pump but it looks a little funny without it.

Running a remote pump on a LS engine is a little more complicated then other engine because you have to T the two upper hose and you lose the thermostat.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:14 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1leg
The WP330, WP329, WP331 all have the same pulley as the WP319. The complete front motor section is the same on all the pumps. Just FYI the motor section is a WP359.

The pulley can be removed from the pump but it looks a little funny without it.

Running a remote pump on a LS engine is a little more complicated then other engine because you have to T the two upper hose and you lose the thermostat.
That is good to know, thanks! Bob

Old 06-01-2013, 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stewart Warner makes a 50gpm electric water pump that is inline and goes on the suction side (bottom hose) of a factory water pump. It can be ran as a stand alone or back up.. This way you keep your thermostat etc etc..

I haven't tried one yet but its on my list of things to do.. Run a stock mechanical pump for highway and have the ewp for idling and back up in case a belt breaks.

Not sure about fitting in the tight locations tho...
Old 06-01-2013, 12:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SMOKNSS
x2 ^^^
x3!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

You can run an electric pump with the belt driven pump as you said but you must have the electric pump running whenever you have the engine running(belt pump turning) or you run the risk of starving the belt driven pump. You will also limit the belt driven pump at the higher RPM, maybe above 4000rpm.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well in the spirit of hot rodding. I am going to try to make this electric water pump work. I already have it and used it. So it is money already spent.

I was playing with the belt wrapping while my motor is on the stand and I think it might work. Looking at the pictures of the aster bracket, I think the electric motor will clear the super charger belt. But I won't know until I get the head unit and bracket purchased which is a little ways away. Luckily I know a few fabricators and there is a machine shop down the street.

Well if it doesn't work, I can always sell the water pump and get a LS2 pump or start on a stand alone setup. I am sure there are ways to get a thermostat incorporated with a stand alone setup.

I'll post more when I know more. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:24 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by tilly
Well in the spirit of hot rodding. I am going to try to make this electric water pump work. I already have it and used it. So it is money already spent.

I was playing with the belt wrapping while my motor is on the stand and I think it might work. Looking at the pictures of the aster bracket, I think the electric motor will clear the super charger belt. But I won't know until I get the head unit and bracket purchased which is a little ways away. Luckily I know a few fabricators and there is a machine shop down the street.

Well if it doesn't work, I can always sell the water pump and get a LS2 pump or start on a stand alone setup. I am sure there are ways to get a thermostat incorporated with a stand alone setup.

I'll post more when I know more. Thanks for the help.

It will be interesting to see what you come up with. Bob

Quick Reply: Brute Speed Aster Bracket and Meziere 55 GPM street pump