Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

MY Real Street 275 build

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When's the next time out? Going to Georgia or Memphis by any chance?
Old 02-12-2015, 04:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I need to get the boost leash on the car first, wire up the internal data logger(I'm tired of having a lap top attempt to fly around the car on launch) and maybe take a look at the instant center and anti squat the car is currently sitting at.

It's not really hitting the tire like I want it to, but then again I haven't really hit it hard off the line yet...
Old 02-13-2015, 02:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
I think the next time we go out with it we'll come back with a 5.09-5.11 pass.

Don't know if I have everything lined out and dialed in well enough yet for a low 5.0 pass, but I think I have enough data right now to put it in the 5.09-5.11 range on the first pass with the Boost Leash if the track is there.
You'll get it man...You say the 60 is soft are you looking to try to get the thing in the 1.20-1.23 or you going for 1.1X 60 foots? and if you can get it down from 1.26? to that 1.19 and it make it down the track that 5.0x is as good as yours 5.09 is still 5.0x !!

That N/A build you're talking about seems pretty cool any info around Tech on it ? or is it still on the drawing board?
Old 02-13-2015, 07:05 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Lawhead
You'll get it man...You say the 60 is soft are you looking to try to get the thing in the 1.20-1.23 or you going for 1.1X 60 foots? and if you can get it down from 1.26? to that 1.19 and it make it down the track that 5.0x is as good as yours 5.09 is still 5.0x !!

That N/A build you're talking about seems pretty cool any info around Tech on it ? or is it still on the drawing board?
It has to 60' in the 1.16-1.18 range to be 100% competitive.

It's been 1.21 60', but it shut off due to the ignition issues we were having 75' later.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

In the video it looked like you were carrying your front tires. Could you have tripped the 60 light with your rear tires?
Old 02-13-2015, 08:38 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ss performance
In the video it looked like you were carrying your front tires. Could you have tripped the 60 light with your rear tires?
It carried the tires a good bit, but I don't think they were high enough off the ground to trip the beams with the rears.

Another thing I dislike about the XFI is the two step. It swings nearly 250rpm and if I catch it on the down swing the 60' is obviously slower than if I caught it on the up swing at 4000rpm.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:50 AM
10 Second Club

Ahhh gotcha well you've been saying you're leaving a little power out at the launch so with the new set up you should be able to get into the teens with it but I have no clue of the real struggle to find every .01 of a second when you're going that fast I can only imagine it takes a whole damn lot
Old 02-13-2015, 09:00 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Ahhh gotcha well you've been saying you're leaving a little power out at the launch so with the new set up you should be able to get into the teens with it but I have no clue of the real struggle to find every .01 of a second when you're going that fast I can only imagine it takes a whole damn lot
There is an easy extra 100 HP in leaving on 9-10psi which will easily get me where I need to be with the 60'.

I'm hoping that if I hit it hard and get it accelerating faster out of the hole that it will stay on its heels and I can tighten the front end a bit to keep it level and on all 4 tires.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:56 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It carried the tires a good bit, but I don't think they were high enough off the ground to trip the beams with the rears.

Another thing I dislike about the XFI is the two step. It swings nearly 250rpm and if I catch it on the down swing the 60' is obviously slower than if I caught it on the up swing at 4000rpm.
It's funny that you mention this. The Holley EfI systems have this same problem and it is worse than 250 rpm on my stuff. I've made several threads about it on the bullet. Some say they have the same issue, some say you can tune it out in the fuel table, some say thats bullshit and there is no fix for it yet. It really pisses me off cause it can make a huge difference in delivered power at release of the button.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:24 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Blown06
It's funny that you mention this. The Holley EfI systems have this same problem and it is worse than 250 rpm on my stuff. I've made several threads about it on the bullet. Some say they have the same issue, some say you can tune it out in the fuel table, some say thats bullshit and there is no fix for it yet. It really pisses me off cause it can make a huge difference in delivered power at release of the button.
Very interesting... Maybe I should get the Holley HP and save money over the Dominator and get a boost Leash?
Old 02-14-2015, 08:25 AM
10 Second Club

There is an easy extra 100 HP in leaving on 9-10psi which will easily get me where I need to be with the 60'.

I'm hoping that if I hit it hard and get it accelerating faster out of the hole that it will stay on its heels and I can tighten the front end a bit to keep it level and on all 4 tires.
Well looking forward to it man I know a few years back when I was just about finished with my car when the military done screwed up things you were starting on this and to see it getting the bugs worked out makes me wish I just kept the car in storage. Good Luck!
Old 02-14-2015, 04:53 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Blown06
The tune up I went 5.20@137.4 on a 1.269 60' with is the exact same tune up I used in October to go 1.214 60' with. Obviously we had ignition issues on that 1.21 pass, but that shows exactly how much of a difference catching it on a downswing did to my short times.
Old 02-14-2015, 04:55 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by a98ws6
Very interesting... Maybe I should get the Holley HP and save money over the Dominator and get a boost Leash?
It's not a boost controller issue, it's an ignition issue with the sequential rev limiters.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:05 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Where are the updates on this beast?
Old 04-27-2015, 01:27 PM
FormerVendor

Trying to find time in this thing called life to run the car.

Hope to be testing this weekend.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:22 PM
SSZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HAHA. Good luck. Gets tougher the older you get it seems.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by SSZ
HAHA. Good luck. Gets tougher the older you get it seems.
Truth. Until you retire, lol.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:05 AM
FormerVendor

Took the car to the track this weekend at Wilkesboro Raceway Park for our local True Street 275 series.

We had a little mishap with the steering shaft and set screw that seemingly vibrated out and allowed my steering shaft to come clean off at the 550' foot mark. When I crossed the finish line the front end felt like it was floating and when I went to hit the brake the car started to veer towards the guard rail.

At that second I realized I could either stay on the brakes and slow the car down more which would send me into the wall harder and possibly catch the front end spinning me around and total the car. Or I could let off the brakes and ride the guard rail into the sand trap. I knew I was going to hit the wall one way or the other, it was just which way was going to cause the most damage.

I decided to let off the brakes which kept the car from going into the wall harder and possibly catching the front quarter spinning it around. Luckily it brushed the wall and bounced me off of it. That sent the front end back to the middle of the track and I was able to shut it down well before the sand trap. I immediately got out of the car and looked underneath it as I thought one of the tie rods let go. That's when I realized I had no steering shaft!!!

My boss Jonathan asked me if I was done for the day or if I was ready to patch it up and do what we came to do which was race. My answer was, "I ain't scared of a little wall rub, let's get this thing turned around for the next round of qualifying"!

So the Tick Performance crew worked hard on getting the car fixed up and we made Q2. I asked for a solo pass because it would absolutely ruin me and my conscience if that steering shaft came off again and it caused me to wreck someone else's car and seriously injure them. I know how hard I work to have what I have, and to see someone else's car damaged because of my car would be more than I could handle as a man who was taught to respect other people's property.

Luckily we fixed it good and it stayed together, and the car drove just like it did before. We obviously checked the toe in and alignment best we could in the pits and miraculously it didn't even knock the toe in out of alignment when it brushed the wall.

We got paired up with a car that had been running high .20's low .30's all day where we had struggled. The video below shows my first round elimination run.

I took the .2 tenths of a second delay I had in the second stage boost ramp out for our E2 pass and shook the tires right before the 60'. I couldn't recover fast enough and I shifted into high gear at 6200rpm(derp) which allowed the guy I was racing a car and a half lead on me that I wasn't going to get back.

I'm just glad my car is one piece and didn't end up getting hurt worse than it did, nor did myself get injured. I'll post damage pictures later.
Old 05-11-2015, 05:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy hook batman!! That was a nice takeoff!!
Old 05-11-2015, 09:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Scary stuff on the shaft. I did laugh at the guy that lost the flip flop!

Quick Reply: MY Real Street 275 build