Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

MY Real Street 275 build

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 07:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tickfab
Hopefully door bars and dash bar Monday...
Nice. Did you get a chance to see what the angle was on the a pillar bars?
Old 08-25-2013, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I decided to get off the bullet and onto tech for a while.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
Not yet I will get a reference to go by and then an angle off the bars to compare to.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:27 PM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
It's amazing to me that the mess of wires we pulled out of the car will be replaced by this one little switch panel that will control pretty much everything that mess of wiring once did.

ARC switch panel and fuse box:

The ARC touch panel is very nice. I have ran them for a few years now with zero issues. You can easily use the panel with gloves on. I run my whole car off of it.

I'm interested to see how your car runs, Im doing something very similar but taking it maybe a step or two further.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
The ARC touch panel is very nice. I have ran them for a few years now with zero issues. You can easily use the panel with gloves on. I run my whole car off of it.

I'm interested to see how your car runs, Im doing something very similar but taking it maybe a step or two further.
Awesome! Glad to hear from someone else using an ARC panel. I did have one of my customers mention his fritzes out when he hits a pot hole on a return road every now and then. I'm guessing yours has not ever done that?

You've been running yours on methanol for a while now right? S480?
Old 08-26-2013, 09:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome! Glad to hear from someone else using an ARC panel. I did have one of my customers mention his fritzes out when he hits a pot hole on a return road every now and then. I'm guessing yours has not ever done that?

Ive ran the arc for years and never an issue. My biggest gripe about the unit is if left on will drain the battery in 3-4 days. I dont know if its just mine or not but I know its annoying when i forget to hit my battery cut off.

Also there are a few tricks you can do with the arc that i really like. such as you can remove the fuse for one of the circuits and run the relay side of the relay fuse to ground, now you have a switched ground good for activating inputs for logging or andy device looking for a ground input.

Last edited by cyipher; 08-26-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:11 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by cyipher
Ive ran the arc for years and never an issue. My biggest gripe about the unit is if left on will drain the battery in 3-4 days. I dont know if its just mine or not but I know its annoying when i forget to hit my battery cut off.

Also there are a few tricks you can do with the arc that i really like. such as you can remove the fuse for one of the circuits and run the relay side of the relay fuse to ground, now you have a switched ground good for activating inputs for logging or andy device looking for a ground input.
Awesome. I felt after hearing from a few racers and customers of mine alike that are using this panel it was a good product.

Our "lead" fabricator and trans builder Josh Cheney had a little surprise for Matt this morning when he came to work. A strength test.

Matt understands what kind of responsibility he has building this cage, but Josh has pretty much taught Matt how to Tig weld and wants to make sure that his welds are strong long before they're pretty. As I've said before, I could really care less how "pretty" they are as welds can be ground to allow for a better appearance. Good penetration and strength is paramount.

Josh had Matt weld two pieces of tubing together at an angle and then proceeded to put the pieces in a vice and beat on it like a mad man.

All I will say is that the vice broke long before the weld even had a chance to flinch lol.

Aftermath

I'll post pictures of the door bars here shortly. We won't be doing the dash bar today as Matt found out he can do it in smaller tubing than 1x5/8" so we have to wait on a 1.25" die so he can bend it up.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Teching In

martin its looking good and that silver does look awsome on these cars.Hey i need to ask some ? about cam that dusty had you to order me. i will pm you in bit.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:18 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 91LSFBODY
martin its looking good and that silver does look awsome on these cars.Hey i need to ask some ? about cam that dusty had you to order me. i will pm you in bit.
Is this Chad? If so shoot me an email if you can, I can answer much quicker via email versus PM.

I already have had the camshaft ordered and I gave Dusty a cylinder head and intake manifold recommendation.

He should know what to do with the converter.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:32 PM
FormerVendor

Alright both door bars are in and X bars have been started on drivers side. It's really starting to take the shape of a 25.5 cage!

I'll get pictures of the other side later before I leave.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:38 PM
Teching In

Ok with the car siting on all fours, the rocker panel has about .8* of slope to the front of the car. Also the window bar is showing 23.1*.

So if you subtract the .8* that the car is tilted forward from the window bar angle you have 22.3*.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice nice!
Old 08-26-2013, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looking awesome! I can't wait for the day when I am fast enough to cage my truck.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuckin15s
Looking awesome! I can't wait for the day when I am fast enough to cage my truck.
Your truck has potential good suspension already soo you now gotta make some good power!
Old 08-26-2013, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

**** looks like it might be fast
Old 08-26-2013, 08:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tickfab
Ok with the car siting on all fours, the rocker panel has about .8* of slope to the front of the car. Also the window bar is showing 23.1*.

So if you subtract the .8* that the car is tilted forward from the window bar angle you have 22.3*.
Thanks man. Ill have to check my exact angle to compare. I thought my angle was much more
Old 08-26-2013, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Thanks man. Ill have to check my exact angle to compare. I thought my angle was much more
No problem, anytime.

Hope to have the passenger side x bars done tomorrow and then a lot of welding.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:27 PM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Nope, never had a single glitch with the switch panel.

I switched to straight methanol last year but got burned on the ls1 I put in. Car was only certified for 8.50's so decided to do some major upgrades before putting in my big motor. I just shipped the car to a chassis shop to get the whole car re-done and 25.X. I'm sure they will post a build thread about it in the near future.

Your car seems to be coming along nicely. The down time sucks but in the end its well worth it to have a safer car. Are you staying stock pcm or going aftermarket?
Old 08-26-2013, 10:53 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Blackpanther99
Nice nice!
Thanks man. We should have some main hoop 25.5 stuff started this week. I hope!
Originally Posted by Tuckin15s
I actually dreaded this day for a long time. I was going to skip it just so I could get out there faster, but once Matt tore all the stuff out of my car I kind of didn't have a choice. lol
Originally Posted by blackonblacksls
**** looks like it might be fast
It better be! haha Got the Squash dual in tank set-up for all the ethanol the engine I have now can handle. Figured you'd like that.
Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
Nope, never had a single glitch with the switch panel.

I switched to straight methanol last year but got burned on the ls1 I put in. Car was only certified for 8.50's so decided to do some major upgrades before putting in my big motor. I just shipped the car to a chassis shop to get the whole car re-done and 25.X. I'm sure they will post a build thread about it in the near future.

Your car seems to be coming along nicely. The down time sucks but in the end its well worth it to have a safer car. Are you staying stock pcm or going aftermarket?
Was it a stock bottom end deal? It was EFI right? It will be neat to see the progress on yours as well.

It does seem to be coming along at a good pace. I don't know if it will keep up this pace once the cage is done, but we will see. I am at the mercy of Jonathan's schedule on the motor and wiring and he is a busy person.

The stock PCM is staying in the car for now. I'm already planning future upgrades for the car and I'm struggling with my next one and what it will be.

I really want a race pak data logger, but I also would like to have aftermarket EFI. That said, I think I can go as fast as I need to go with the stock computer, but I believe the 4 bolt block and heads will limit me before the computer does. I'd love to grab a 6 bolt LSX block, but then I need 6 bolt heads. I could sell my Ai heads and get PRC LS3 heads and run them, but that would be my only option that I could afford.

I take that back on the PRC heads, the new TFS LS3 heads are in my price range. That's probably what I'd get although I have had great results with the PRC LS3 heads with a centrifugal blower customer of mine.

Decisions decisions.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:22 PM
12 Second Club

Coming along! Looking forward to see the finished project. I think you may have inspired me to spin some wrenches on my project.

Quick Reply: MY Real Street 275 build