Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

MY Real Street 275 build

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 05:30 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by trigger1
Coming along! Looking forward to see the finished project. I think you may have inspired me to spin some wrenches on my project.
That's awesome! Glad to be an inspirational source!

Well guys, no picture updates today. Matt has got almost all the tig welds burned in on the joints he has fitted in the car. He spent almost all day working in vicarious positions trying to get a "feel" for his new finger control on the tig rig which made the welds not "picture perfect", but they're strong as can be that's for sure.

Since he also has other duties as shop foreman he doesn't get to spend his entire day on the car like I'd like for him to do. Isn't that right Matt?

Hopefully x bars on the passenger side tomorrow and dash bar as well when the 1.25" dies come in. Then it's main 25.5 hoop time!

We did get the steering wheel taken out, and we have some you tube plans for the air bag.....stay tuned for Tick Performance shenanigans.....
Old 08-27-2013, 06:44 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 63 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
We did get the steering wheel taken out, and we have some you tube plans for the air bag.....stay tuned for Tick Performance shenanigans.....
Air bags are crazy powerful. We used to put them under empty 55 gallon drum and it would launch the drum into the air. I don't know what was more fun, seeing how high the drum would go, or watching the spectators scatter when it came down.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's awesome! Glad to be an inspirational source!

Well guys, no picture updates today. Matt has got almost all the tig welds burned in on the joints he has fitted in the car. He spent almost all day working in vicarious positions trying to get a "feel" for his new finger control on the tig rig which made the welds not "picture perfect", but they're strong as can be that's for sure.

Since he also has other duties as shop foreman he doesn't get to spend his entire day on the car like I'd like for him to do. Isn't that right Matt?

Hopefully x bars on the passenger side tomorrow and dash bar as well when the 1.25" dies come in. Then it's main 25.5 hoop time!

I didnt know you were camshaft mastermind AND a slavedriver
Old 08-27-2013, 10:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's hard to mess up a tig weld. Might not be pretty but penetration is there. Once he gets used to the finger control he'll never use a pedal again. specially when hanging on the jungle gym doing out of position welds.

Glad to see it's going so well. need moar pix man!
Old 08-28-2013, 06:28 AM
Teching In

[QUOTE=SS2win;17647428]It's hard to mess up a tig weld. Might not be pretty but penetration is there. Once he gets used to the finger control he'll never use a pedal again. specially when hanging on the jungle gym doing out of position welds.

I think I am going to enjoy using the finger control better, it is way different than using a foot pedal and welding on a table top.

I have a lot of requirements in my daily job, so unfortunately for Martin customers have to come first and slows progress down on his ride. But we are okay with that because without the customers we wouldn't be able to fund our on builds.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:54 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by speedtigger
Air bags are crazy powerful. We used to put them under empty 55 gallon drum and it would launch the drum into the air. I don't know what was more fun, seeing how high the drum would go, or watching the spectators scatter when it came down.
I would have to say the spectators scrambling for cover would be the highlight of the air bag launching. LOL

I don't know what we're going to put it underneath, but it will be something spectacular that's for sure. Hahaha!
Originally Posted by NnOoSsSs
I didnt know you were camshaft mastermind AND a slavedriver
I do all the scheduling as well. So yes, slave driver is another title of mine!
Originally Posted by SS2win
It's hard to mess up a tig weld. Might not be pretty but penetration is there. Once he gets used to the finger control he'll never use a pedal again. specially when hanging on the jungle gym doing out of position welds.

Glad to see it's going so well. need moar pix man!
I'll get some pictures today. It looks the same as it did in the last pictures I posted, just all the joints are now fully welded.

No turning back now!!!

Might slow down on the pictures and updates as our other turbo build customer Dean Goodin is coming to pick his car up Saturday I believe and Matt has to sand some welds down and paint a few things before he gets it.

I'll try and keep you guys busy until then with some small updates.
Originally Posted by Tickfab
I think I am going to enjoy using the finger control better, it is way different than using a foot pedal and welding on a table top.

I have a lot of requirements in my daily job, so unfortunately for Martin customers have to come first and slows progress down on his ride. But we are okay with that because without the customers we wouldn't be able to fund our on builds.
Don't lie to these people, you don't do anything! That couldn't be further from the truth though. Matt is the Macgyver of Tick Performance.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:07 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Following!!!
Old 08-28-2013, 10:40 AM
FormerVendor

Matt burning in some welds.

Fuel pressure regulator came in

Old 08-28-2013, 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

Looking good Martin. Love the updates and the pictures. Learning to use the finger control takes some practice. I still haven't mastered it. It is useful since its kind of hard to foot pedal it laying on your back, or on the knees. Scratch start works, but doesn't give you the control. I have a finger control, but just need to practice.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:20 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Looking good Martin. Love the updates and the pictures. Learning to use the finger control takes some practice. I still haven't mastered it. It is useful since its kind of hard to foot pedal it laying on your back, or on the knees. Scratch start works, but doesn't give you the control. I have a finger control, but just need to practice.
Thanks man! I'm trying to keep a steady flow of pictures and updates, but I'm running out of stuff to take pictures of! Hahaha!

Matt had me sit in the car a couple times earlier with the seat mounted so we could get a good idea of where the first outer hoop of the 25.5 cage needed to be placed. He is putting a "kick out" bend in it so that I have some elbow room. Matt also re-positioned the seat further towards the passenger side so he could squeeze every last tenth of an inch for my left arm to have plenty of room.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:24 PM
FormerVendor

Alright since everyone loves my updates so much, I've finally got one!

Matt got the first bar of the funny car cage tacked in and I test fitted the fitment of the "kick out" bend to make sure it was comfortable for me to pilot the car. I think he did a great job!

On to the pictures

Here you can see the kick out he bent for my shoulder

Old 08-28-2013, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 08-28-2013, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

Are y'all going to put the rev limiter at 3000 Rpms till you get your feet wet? Lol. Cage looks nice. I think I am doing one next year for my car.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:53 PM
FormerVendor

Are y'all going to put the rev limiter at 3000 Rpms till you get your feet wet? Lol. Cage looks nice. I think I am doing one next year for my car.
More like 2000rpm!

Nah, I've been pretty quick in the 1/8th mile so far, but this will definitely be a new experience. Ironically enough, the one thing I am not worried about is trying to control the car.

I'm sure the first time the front end comes up on me and I pedal it and it doesn't come down from the pedal that I'll have to change my underwear, but I'll deal with that when the time comes. LOL
Old 08-28-2013, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cage is looking great! I love this thread.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:07 PM
TECH Addict

More like 2000rpm!

Nah, I've been pretty quick in the 1/8th mile so far, but this will definitely be a new experience. Ironically enough, the one thing I am not worried about is trying to control the car.

I'm sure the first time the front end comes up on me and I pedal it and it doesn't come down from the pedal that I'll have to change my underwear, but I'll deal with that when the time comes. LOL
Lol…. When I had my s10 I put the bars low because I was a pansy. The fastest for me was 5.70's in the 1/8 with a 1.29 60'. This thing outta run pretty good. Just have to take baby steps.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Build is looking good Martin!
Old 08-28-2013, 03:31 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Tuckin15s
Cage is looking great! I love this thread.
Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it!
Lol…. When I had my s10 I put the bars low because I was a pansy. The fastest for me was 5.70's in the 1/8 with a 1.29 60'. This thing outta run pretty good. Just have to take baby steps.
Yea, I've only been 6.10@113 and 116.5mph as my fastest time/mph in the 1/8th. This should put about 20mph on top of that hopefully and knock almost a full second off that if we can get it to run to its full potential.
Originally Posted by MYSTIC-1SC
Build is looking good Martin!
Thanks Aaron! Hopefully we'll see one for your car soon!
Old 08-28-2013, 03:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Yessir thats the plan!
Old 08-28-2013, 05:27 PM
FormerVendor

Ok got another bar fitted before Matt had to go home. I actually fitted this myself just to take a picture for you guys to get an idea of what this bar will look like. It will actually be moved forward further, and if you can see the tiny blue mark on the outside bar, you can see where it will be welded into place.

Basically that bar will end up nearly flush with the t-top seal

Quick Reply: MY Real Street 275 build