Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Scrapyard S10

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 11:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You got it man! You should be able to return the favor to me very soon I'm guessing haha
Old 01-14-2016, 01:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apparently I can tell you how to grenade four transmissions in 3 months and get it all back together to run different even with no changes! Haha. We will be in AZ around the second week of October again, we go every year for vacation and Vegas for the Supercross. Rode in Carefree this past trip and it's beautiful there. Lived in Phoenix for two years back in 98 and 99. Love the West.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 186 Likes on 136 Posts

If you have a recovery tank and not just an overflow, fill the system up (INCLUDING THE RECOVERY TANK) put the radiator cap on, start it and let it get hot and make sure the thermostat opens an shut it off once it's hot. Dont open the system (obviously). Any air in the system will create a vacuum in the system after a few minutes and it'll draw the coolant out of the recovery tank. Make sure you keep enough in the recovery tank. Don't let it run empty. Let it cool enough to pull the cap, make sure it's full and top off the recovery tank to the "full" line. You'll be good to go.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:24 AM
TECH Regular

No recovery tank, tried to funnel trick today and there were a ton of bubbles but ran to 220* so shut it down topped it off and found that the keys were locked inside as I needed to run out to help a friend fix his truck. Got it open so I'll work on it tomorrow and try to figure out the TCI TCU problem. If it is shot then I'll be ordering a microsquirt trans controller which I should have from the beginning.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:48 AM
8 Second Club

Received 748 Likes on 549 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyrperformance
No recovery tank, tried to funnel trick today and there were a ton of bubbles but ran to 220* so shut it down topped it off and found that the keys were locked inside as I needed to run out to help a friend fix his truck. Got it open so I'll work on it tomorrow and try to figure out the TCI TCU problem. If it is shot then I'll be ordering a microsquirt trans controller which I should have from the beginning.
220* isn't overheating by any means with an LS. My C5 Doesn't even turn the high speed fan on until 225*. I'm not saying you should go make 25lb pulls with 220* coolant temps, but 220* isn't hurting a thing at idle/cruise. I'd continue to let it "burp" at those temps. Did you turn your elec fan on?

Good luck!
Old 01-15-2016, 08:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cyrperformance
Apparently I can tell you how to grenade four transmissions in 3 months and get it all back together to run different even with no changes! Haha. We will be in AZ around the second week of October again, we go every year for vacation and Vegas for the Supercross. Rode in Carefree this past trip and it's beautiful there. Lived in Phoenix for two years back in 98 and 99. Love the West.

Yuppp!! The west is the ****. I live in Tucson, born and raised. We need burnout videos!!
Old 01-15-2016, 08:38 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Forcefed86
220* isn't overheating by any means with an LS. My C5 Doesn't even turn the high speed fan on until 225*. I'm not saying you should go make 25lb pulls with 220* coolant temps, but 220* isn't hurting a thing at idle/cruise. I'd continue to let it "burp" at those temps. Did you turn your elec fan on?

Good luck!
Well I had to run out which is kinda why i shut it off too, but yes fans did kick on. We are having a typical day here in the sunshine state where it looks like there will be tornado warnings throughout the day so hopefully I can give it some attention this evening when it passes. Thanks
Old 01-15-2016, 08:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by dirtylark71
Yuppp!! The west is the ****. I live in Tucson, born and raised. We need burnout videos!!
Wife gets on me every other month to move and with the kids getting older of course the question is asked, "where do you guys want to live"? Three of the four answer out west, followed by when are we moving. Haha. I did get the one video but it came out horrible off a buddies cell phone so I mounted the go pro in the back window! There will be plenty once it is going again. Funny though I looked at the tune file the last couple of times I had it hooked up and it keeps reverting the injectors and some other settings back. I think it is me not saving it right or something so I need to read the Tunerstudio book and see where I am making the mistake. I am calling TCI today as that controller is screwed up which is about sent me over the edge.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 186 Likes on 136 Posts

If you don't have a recovery/expansion tank, put a length of hose into a gallon jug that's half full or so. As long as it can siphon the coolant out, you're good. Should it blow past the cap for some reason down the road and you have no tank, that's another story.
Old 01-17-2016, 02:15 PM
TECH Regular

After everything, the trans now only has 2nd and on occasion 3rd. Makes it hard to run it off a dead stop but still will do killer burnouts with 2lbs.
Old 01-17-2016, 02:38 PM
Launching!

**** yeah burnouts! Dude that sucks, are you going to go slap that tranny dude in the mouth?
Old 01-17-2016, 04:16 PM
TECH Regular

Nah, this is the one out off the Escalade that popped and I did the Sonnax pin less accumulators so I think it is something I did on this one.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:45 PM
TECH Regular

Crappy update, the 4L65E is definitely coming out and going to a 4L80E that I picked up for $300. Ordered the flexplate, spacer and bolts over a week ago and not yet shipped. Should have called the local Dealership (they have everything in stock).
Old 02-02-2016, 10:03 PM
TECH Regular

Flywheel, spacer and bolts arrived so 4L80e will be going in hopefully tomorrow, but yet another problem has arisen. The turbo on the passenger side is not turning. Not exactly sure what the problem is that caused it but will have to pull it to get it figured out. Really just want to be able to drive this around normal.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:04 PM
Launching!

I've read a few people said had to drill out the oil feed restrictor.. maybe it could be that
Old 02-03-2016, 06:55 AM
TECH Regular

It is there restrictor they recommend and the same one that is one the Escalade that has been great for over a year. I think it was the blow offs not functioning and causing surge.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:05 AM
TECH Regular

So the turbo drain had a piece of a blue shop towel at the opening not allowing all of the oil to drain out. Wierd!! That's sorted and the new spacer and flywheel and 4l80e are in and making the new crossmember then get driveshaft yolk on and should be good to go.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:46 PM
TECH Regular

New crossmember, better than the aluminum one from the 4l60e. Still.waiting on driveshaft parts.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:17 PM
TECH Regular

New intake tube

Drivers side turbo GONE!

The turbo on the drivers side was blowing oil straight out the front. Apparently the two are fight each other to the point this one actually starts to spin backwards very slightly causing massive backpressure into the crankcase and blows oil out the valve covers. Not sure why but it is off for now! I built a simple 2.5" crossover from the drivers side to the passenger and threw and intake tube on it with the IAT. Driveshaft is in and trans does not shift out of first. The EZ TCU has something wrong with it now as it does not stop flashing and shows errors that can not be cleared. Hopefully they will swap it out or I will be eating that and going to Microsquirt trans controller.
Old 03-16-2016, 04:11 PM
TECH Regular

Passenger side lost 2 ring lands 2 and 6

Number 4

Drivers side lost 2 as well, 1 and 7

Number 7

Quick Reply: Scrapyard S10