Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharged 396 LTX (built by ellwein)

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 01:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
Looking really good! Bob
Thanks Bob! Probably gonna be in the market for an F series Procharger once this thing gets up and running.
Old 07-16-2016, 07:22 PM
Staging Lane

Default Brake Setup

12.8" C5 Corvette rotors w/ new painted C5 Calipers w/ Hawks HPS pads.

C5 Brakes
Old 08-03-2016, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

Default Clutch

Mcleod Twin Disc installed with ARP pro series flywheel bolts.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How close are you to dropping it in?
Old 08-04-2016, 04:27 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6
How close are you to dropping it in?
Hopefully next day or two dropping it on k member. Then mating body and subframe over the weekend.

Had a plan for my fuel setup, and decided to just do the Lonnies route plug and play to make life easy.

So still waiting on its arrival...
Just gotta make up some more -8AN fuel line since I already was setup with AN fittings on fuel rails with stand alone Aeromotive FPR.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:57 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 97SSD1
Thanks Bob! Probably gonna be in the market for an F series Procharger once this thing gets up and running.
Sounds good! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 08-04-2016, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Mcleod Twin Disc installed with ARP pro series flywheel bolts.
what flywheel is that? how was the installation process of the clutch? I have a street twin and light weight flywheel form McLeod sitting on a shelf in my garage waiting to go on my car
Old 08-04-2016, 03:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hokeplaya05
what flywheel is that? how was the installation process of the clutch? I have a street twin and light weight flywheel form McLeod sitting on a shelf in my garage waiting to go on my car
It is a steel flywheel from mcleod. Comes as a kit: Flywheel, bottom disc, floater, top disc, pressure plate, throw out bearing, master cylinder.

The steel flywheel is supposed to be easier to drive on the street, but doesn't rev as quick...I stuck with steel Cuz this is my street car.

As far as installation, it was very easy outside the car. Kinda disappointed I spent $1500 on a clutch and they didn't include flywheel bolts or throw out bearing....

Just follow the directions, keep everything lined up, and for the love of God don't mess with any of the shims or it has to go back to mcleod.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

okay cool, thanks. I have their aluminum flywheel and I will be installing everything with the motor in the car so that should be interesting. pretty sure mine has a throw out bearing but will have to check. I have heard that about the shims so I definitely wont be touching those lol hoping to install everything next week if I have time and some good weather as I will be doing it in my driveway

also, what did you do to fill the EGR ports? always see the block off plates, never seen them filled like that
Old 08-06-2016, 12:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hokeplaya05
okay cool, thanks. I have their aluminum flywheel and I will be installing everything with the motor in the car so that should be interesting. pretty sure mine has a throw out bearing but will have to check. I have heard that about the shims so I definitely wont be touching those lol hoping to install everything next week if I have time and some good weather as I will be doing it in my driveway

also, what did you do to fill the EGR ports? always see the block off plates, never seen them filled like that
Good luck on doing it in your driveway. It would really help the higher you get the car off the ground. If you were to do it on a lift it would only take about 15min to get everything torn down to the clutch, buuttt...in your driveway I dunno.
The EGR stuff is just welded shut, then powdercoated. Same with the PCV port on the side of the intake since I have custom breathers coming from the valve covers to the catch cans.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

lol thanks, yea I will be getting the car up as high as I can for sure so I have plenty of room underneath.

anyways cant wait to hear this thing run, especially with a procharger hanging off the front of it!
Old 08-18-2016, 04:42 PM
Staging Lane

Default Progress

Slow progress is better than no progress.....This Florida heat in July and August is killin me. I finally broke down and got an A/C unit for my garage. It has been 95+degrees outside, but now with the A/C in the garage its a cool crisp 80 degrees lol (Very Low Humidity though!).
Anyways just an update, will include pictures later....Engine is on K member, Trans is on, wiring harness all hooked up, all accessories on, headers on, AN steam pipe setup done, about ready to drop the Body back on the k-member. I wish I had the room in my garage to do this without opening the garage door and could just run the A/C, however I don't. So I'm gonna sweat it out this weekend.
Once the two halves mate I still gotta install the new BeCool Radiator, new stainless braided fuel lines/filter, then the Alky Control Meth system. After that she will be ready to roll. Already have a baseline tune (based off my cars previous tune) that should get me up and running. Then need to get towed to the alignment shop and have the front end sorted out, then drive the car for around 500miles(daytrip down to Daytona and back) then DYNO DAY!
Very, Very tempted to buy an F1-A blower before dyno day...I even have the correct pullies already to max it out...Anyone wanna buy a D1SC w/ about 600miles on it (Oil changed 3 times already)?
Anyways, I'll keep posting progress....Also if anyone could give me some know how to upload a video, that would be awesome. I have one of my engine on the "engine dyno" and would like to be able to load one up on the chassis dyno as well.
Old 08-18-2016, 04:46 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Slow progress is better than no progress.....This Florida heat in July and August is killin me. I finally broke down and got an A/C unit for my garage. It has been 95+degrees outside, but now with the A/C in the garage its a cool crisp 80 degrees lol (Very Low Humidity though!).
Anyways just an update, will include pictures later....Engine is on K member, Trans is on, wiring harness all hooked up, all accessories on, headers on, AN steam pipe setup done, about ready to drop the Body back on the k-member. I wish I had the room in my garage to do this without opening the garage door and could just run the A/C, however I don't. So I'm gonna sweat it out this weekend.
Once the two halves mate I still gotta install the new BeCool Radiator, new stainless braided fuel lines/filter, then the Alky Control Meth system. After that she will be ready to roll. Already have a baseline tune (based off my cars previous tune) that should get me up and running. Then need to get towed to the alignment shop and have the front end sorted out, then drive the car for around 500miles(daytrip down to Daytona and back) then DYNO DAY!
Very, Very tempted to buy an F1-A blower before dyno day...I even have the correct pullies already to max it out...Anyone wanna buy a D1SC w/ about 600miles on it (Oil changed 3 times already)?
Anyways, I'll keep posting progress....Also if anyone could give me some know how to upload a video, that would be awesome. I have one of my engine on the "engine dyno" and would like to be able to load one up on the chassis dyno as well.

I can have an F-1A headed your way pretty quickly. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 08-18-2016, 04:54 PM
Staging Lane

Default Blower!!!!

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
I can have an F-1A headed your way pretty quickly. Bob

I know you can....If I wasn't in the middle of having to move NEXT MONTH I would be on this like white on rice. I think I just need to run what I have, get established and pick up the new blower in a few months, because I really want to keep my D1 blower and put it on my truck. Right now only way I could pick up an F1A is if someone paid me good money for the D1SC I have now. Ohhh first world problems.....

p.s. Plus I would feel kinda silly since I just bout that 8.5" crank pulley, then drilled three holes in for the ATI damper so I can't return it now....do they have a 12rib setup for a 98 chevy vortec 5.7? or is it only serpentine systems?
Old 08-31-2016, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

She's in there!
Old 08-31-2016, 09:55 PM
Staging Lane

I need to get ahold of Walter Whites hahaha
Old 08-31-2016, 10:00 PM
Staging Lane

Default Big *** swaybar

Big *** swaybar

Old 08-31-2016, 10:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

This is refreshing. Lots of very cool detail in this build. I think the D1SC will do very well getting this thing up and running and all the kinks worked out. Very interested in your results.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

She's in there!
Holy chit that's a big crank pulley!
Old 09-01-2016, 05:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MY_2K_Z
Holy chit that's a big crank pulley!
Yeah...8.5" with a 3.7" blower....will max out the D1 at 6500RPMs. Gonna be going to the F1A down the road, and swap back to the 7.65" and prolly max it out too

Quick Reply: Procharged 396 LTX (built by ellwein)