Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharged 396 LTX (built by ellwein)

Old 09-01-2016, 05:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Meth

Gonna try this methanol from a local distributor. It's 99.9% purity. I will be running 100% methanol, no cutting with water...
Old 09-02-2016, 11:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Oh goodie! that is legit.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks beautiful!
Old 09-02-2016, 11:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DavidBoren
Oh goodie! that is legit.
Yessiirr....my tuner really likes the alky control Methanol system. And the owner of the company and my tuner both say run pure methanol(no water) to make the most powa!!!
Old 09-02-2016, 11:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RealQuick
Looks beautiful!
Thanks man, I really wanted to clean and paint the engine bay while the engine was out, but it just wasn't in the cards....I can always do it later. Everything else is nice and new and clean and pretty.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DavidBoren
This is refreshing. Lots of very cool detail in this build. I think the D1SC will do very well getting this thing up and running and all the kinks worked out. Very interested in your results.
Yeah man, built from the ground up with aftermarket everything....I have faith the little D1 will make good boost since it's maxed out...and yes need to get all the small bugs worked out. I don't think I'll hit 800rwhp till I jump up to the F1A.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:35 AM
Staging Lane

Default More meth stuff

Twin 10 nozzles

Procharger twin intercooler plenum with alky control meth nozzles installed

Old 09-12-2016, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

Default Mcleod master cylinder

Clutch master cylinder was kinda a PIA, I ended up taking the brake booster loose to get more room to install mcleod (wilwood) master cylinder. Then, the clutch rod Heim joint was too wide to fit completely over the retaining pin on the pedal (couldn't get the clip on). I mensured the factory Rod end compared to the Heim joint end, mcleod was 4tenths larger, which is a lot for trying to get this clip to fit on. I ended up grinding the Heim joint down until it finally fit.....ugggh nothing is "bolt on"

Old 09-12-2016, 08:57 PM
Staging Lane

Default Throwing in the towel

Weeellllllllllll, as the title states I'm gonna have to throw in the towel for maybe next 6-12months. The Navy has decided to move me in 2 weeks to biloxi for 6months(in a barracks) then to Pax River, Maryland after that. Soooo....no more working on this masterpiece for a long time....and people ask me why would you ever want to get out of the service?
Old 09-13-2016, 09:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Oh, you **** teaser!

I really wanted to see this finished and running.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice build! Can't wait for the payoff!I sent your a PM.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:48 PM
Staging Lane

Default Fuel Pumps!!!

finally got my fuel pumps back from Lonnies performance and man do they look great. Completely rebuilt everything, all new wiring with hotwire kits for both pumps along with built in Hobbs switch. This whole kit is very professionally done. Highly recommend this for and Chevy vehicle owner of any generation.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any updates on this build?
Old 11-08-2016, 04:05 PM
Staging Lane

Default Siiighhhh

Originally Posted by rynb15
any updates on this build?
Unfortunately, this build has come to a stand still due to being uprooted in a very short amount of time(Military Move). Good news is I got car to a near by storage unit where I am temporarily stationed and I will begin to wrap up small things during the upcoming weekends. Then trailer her back to green cove springs (6hrs away) and get a base tune on the girl, drive her a little breaking the clutch and engine in (more) with some boost.
Theennnn hoppeffullyy turn the methanol on and let er rip on the dyno for max power. Which reminds me I need to get some new drag radials to go on my 17x11 Weld RTs wheels i have sitting in my storage unit.
Old 11-19-2016, 06:59 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This build right here, is pretty similar to my build plans for the McBride Motorsports Comp TA. Being prior service Army myself I understand how the moving thing can be. Cant wait to see this project pick up again. I am moving to the Indianapolis area sometime in the beginning of the new year.

Ty McBride
Team Leader/Owner
McBride Motorsports
Old 11-19-2016, 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ruken
This build right here, is pretty similar to my build plans for the McBride Motorsports Comp TA. Being prior service Army myself I understand how the moving thing can be. Cant wait to see this project pick up again. I am moving to the Indianapolis area sometime in the beginning of the new year.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE! The build is about 90%-95% done. I got the car started up over the weekend (w/out muffler) and it sounded pretty great to hear the engine come alive while in the car. LOTS of time and energy has gone into this build, and I'm glad for it to be coming to an end(for now) and just be able to drive the car and row some gears.
Still have some small stuff to do, like make brake lines(and bleed), get the front end aligned, get the adjustable clutch master cylinder somewhere in the ball park, get new rear tires mounted on wheels, and all the other odd ends to get her street worthy after sitting for 2.5years. Will continue to post progress.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:44 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 97SSD1
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE! The build is about 90%-95% done. I got the car started up over the weekend (w/out muffler) and it sounded pretty great to hear the engine come alive while in the car. LOTS of time and energy has gone into this build, and I'm glad for it to be coming to an end(for now) and just be able to drive the car and row some gears.
Still have some small stuff to do, like make brake lines(and bleed), get the front end aligned, get the adjustable clutch master cylinder somewhere in the ball park, get new rear tires mounted on wheels, and all the other odd ends to get her street worthy after sitting for 2.5years. Will continue to post progress.
If you are doing breaks by yourself. A bleeder like a Vacula is worth the money. I don't know how I ever lived without one. I want to Thank you for your service. I'm glad you are able to build the car of your dreams. I know material things shouldn't mean much. But in the end, having something like this that you essentially built yourself is worth every cent. I even got my wife coming around. Every time we dyno the car she tells me it needs more WHP

Ty Mcbride
Team Leader/Owner
McBride Motorsports

PS: I bet that car sounded mean when you started it. I know with my current exhaust set up, when I run the dyno people plug their ears. haha
Old 11-20-2016, 08:02 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 97SSD1
Congratulations on getting your car fired up!! I know it's been a long ordeal for you! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 11-23-2016, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read through the build...great car! I'm seeing that alternator relocation kit - which one did you end up going with? I just did the passenger side exhaust gasket and having the alternator out of the way would have saved time, not to mention look much better!
Old 12-01-2016, 08:37 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by oldschool
I just read through the build...great car! I'm seeing that alternator relocation kit - which one did you end up going with? I just did the passenger side exhaust gasket and having the alternator out of the way would have saved time, not to mention look much better!
I actually made the stock bracket accept the alternator down low, it gets rid of the AC compressor and replace it with alternator and have one tab to weld on for mounting, but other than that it literally lines up perfectly. Just gotta get a different length (shorter) belt.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Procharged 396 LTX (built by ellwein)