Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Has anyone tried the FItech 70050/70051

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just to let anyone know who may be following this thread. I just ordered to 70050 and had it in 2 days. They are now including a 3 bar map sensor in the package.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've searched this thread and haven't seen anything regarding using an LS2 cam sensor and the jumper that comes with the 7005X kits. The end of the jumper doesn't fit the cam sensor that is in my LS2, I did a little searching of other sites and they are saying I need the short harness that was on the Vette engines, it was also mentioned that the outside wires needed to be swapped or you would be 180* out.. My engine is from an 05 GTO.

Has anyone seen and resolved this?
Thanks
Bill
Old 11-02-2017, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 69-chvl
I love my Holley more than life itself. But if there is a significantly cheaper way to do things then I’m all ears. Your looking at just under $3000 for a Dominator setup if you want to control a trans. Fitech has a system for $1000. Yeah the Dommy can do ALOT more, maybe I don’t need “ALOT” more.

We’ll just have to see how this system works and if it’s reliable.
Hey, its the same system as the 1200 power adder "throttle body" they sell with more features and the possibility to use your choice of injectors for more power. Hence the "just the computer" or "with intake and injectors" kits, depending on if you want to do up to 750 or more, where you should get your own injectors and other parts. So they sell you the brain only which is very nice of them!!

We have Silverbullet who just ran an 8 secong with the TB 1200 unit so you can be sure this will do it and then some as it offers more like, individual cyl trim, spark, fuel, logging etc etc. Like every one says tough, we are pretty much alone as the support is almost non existant. But, there are so many users that the troubleshooting is getting resolved within the community!! So its not half bad..... especially at that price!! Lol!!!

I'm about to go crazy making up my decision HP vs FiTech!!! Guess i'll just flip a coin and go ahead!!

Lead.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

I'm going get the 70051 next month!
Old 11-04-2017, 06:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 240 Likes on 167 Posts

Fitech is coming out with another system, looks more like an LS1/6 intake.
Interesting the intake says made in the USA-app its at SEMA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfPa...ature=youtu.be
Old 11-04-2017, 08:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Hellsx
Hey, its the same system as the 1200 power adder "throttle body" they sell with more features and the possibility to use your choice of injectors for more power. Hence the "just the computer" or "with intake and injectors" kits, depending on if you want to do up to 750 or more, where you should get your own injectors and other parts. So they sell you the brain only which is very nice of them!!

We have Silverbullet who just ran an 8 secong with the TB 1200 unit so you can be sure this will do it and then some as it offers more like, individual cyl trim, spark, fuel, logging etc etc. Like every one says tough, we are pretty much alone as the support is almost non existant. But, there are so many users that the troubleshooting is getting resolved within the community!! So its not half bad..... especially at that price!! Lol!!!

I'm about to go crazy making up my decision HP vs FiTech!!! Guess i'll just flip a coin and go ahead!!

Lead.
If Fitech can provide an ECU, trans control, wiring harness, and software to tune an engine all for $1000.00 I think we have a winner!

Again, lets see how good it works and the reliability.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:33 AM
TECH Regular

I'm debating between the fitech 70003 and the 1200hp power adder throttle body on my vic jr intake. Not sure which one will perform better on a turbo'd 5.3L. I do really like the looks of the ultimate LS efi though. I wonder if fitech would sell it without the injectors, and i can buy upgraded ones, right off the bat? Running e85 and turbo'd, i'd maxx the stockers out pretty quick.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Is their software downloadable for us to check out anybody know?
Old 11-04-2017, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 69-chvl
If Fitech can provide an ECU, trans control, wiring harness, and software to tune an engine all for $1000.00 I think we have a winner!

Again, lets see how good it works and the reliability.
They CAN!!! Its been proven already by their other systems!! Its all the same, you think they make another all different system just for fun?? Same application only not same layout. So yes, we do have a winner.... if thats all you need!!
Old 11-04-2017, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Black98s10
I'm debating between the fitech 70003 and the 1200hp power adder throttle body on my vic jr intake. Not sure which one will perform better on a turbo'd 5.3L. I do really like the looks of the ultimate LS efi though. I wonder if fitech would sell it without the injectors, and i can buy upgraded ones, right off the bat? Running e85 and turbo'd, i'd maxx the stockers out pretty quick.
At that price, just sell em if thats all thats stopping ya. Youll get your money out of them.

Have you seen Silverbulletman's project? ( Camaro with 6.0, a cam and a turbo) He just ran 8.94@152 with the Fitech 1200 power adder. He swares by it and ive seen a few others in the low 9's. I am unsure yet personnally but its leaning on this because of the price. I mean, how can you beat that!?!? 8 second capability and 750$??? I have a Holley Hi ram and i'd start with the 750 horse kit and just start with it. Im shooting for 8.50's so its official ill need more injector, but to start the car.... i'd have everything in a box!! I too am looking into E85 as id like to not run any intercooler. Cause at this point im also looking at an water to air as the car is stated to be track only, but the street is calling sometimes... and oce on the street is not practical at all!!!LOL!!! E85 is such a nice solution!!

Let me know if you dont know about Silverbullet, ill get you a link and youll be all set to take your decision!!

Lead.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by forcd ind
Fitech is coming out with another system, looks more like an LS1/6 intake.
Interesting the intake says made in the USA-app its at SEMA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfPa...ature=youtu.be
Check 2:12 of that video. That's a Dorman LS2 intake manifold. 615-901 part number. So they're just buying up all of the Dorman LS2 intake manifolds and repackaging them lol.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Hellsx
At that price, just sell em if thats all thats stopping ya. Youll get your money out of them.

Have you seen Silverbulletman's project? ( Camaro with 6.0, a cam and a turbo) He just ran 8.94@152 with the Fitech 1200 power adder. He swares by it and ive seen a few others in the low 9's. I am unsure yet personnally but its leaning on this because of the price. I mean, how can you beat that!?!? 8 second capability and 750$??? I have a Holley Hi ram and i'd start with the 750 horse kit and just start with it. Im shooting for 8.50's so its official ill need more injector, but to start the car.... i'd have everything in a box!! I too am looking into E85 as id like to not run any intercooler. Cause at this point im also looking at an water to air as the car is stated to be track only, but the street is calling sometimes... and oce on the street is not practical at all!!!LOL!!! E85 is such a nice solution!!

Let me know if you dont know about Silverbullet, ill get you a link and youll be all set to take your decision!!

Lead.
Yeah, I'm well aware of his 2nd gen camaro. I like the fitech throttle boby for its ease of install, and not much wiring,but people talk about a lean condition in some cylinders with a vic jr intake. I'd like to see dyno comparisons between the throttle body and the LS efi
Old 11-05-2017, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sube
Check 2:12 of that video. That's a Dorman LS2 intake manifold. 615-901 part number. So they're just buying up all of the Dorman LS2 intake manifolds and repackaging them lol.
Is there any negatives to this intake? If they would sell just that intake I would like to try that to take the place of the ugly truck intake. Would this fit a gen 3 5.3?
Old 11-05-2017, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Black98s10
Yeah, I'm well aware of his 2nd gen camaro. I like the fitech throttle boby for its ease of install, and not much wiring,but people talk about a lean condition in some cylinders with a vic jr intake. I'd like to see dyno comparisons between the throttle body and the LS efi

multiport fuel injection will always work better than a carbed intake as there’s no issue with airflow carrying the fuel to the cylinders at the carb base. That’s the only negative of a carb intake vs fuel dropping out of suspension and sticking the walls of the runners and intake. A carb intake does a better job of mixing fuel with the air as the fuel spends more time in the air in a carb intake. Take it for what it’s worth. If I had to choose it would be a multport stock style intake over a carb style for reasons specifically to do with making sure each cylinder gets the fuel it needs... ESPECIALLY in a boosted app. Also the stock plastic intakes run a lot cooler than aluminum.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mungface78
Is there any negatives to this intake? If they would sell just that intake I would like to try that to take the place of the ugly truck intake. Would this fit a gen 3 5.3?
Its just a standard dorman Ls2 Intake. You can get them anywhere. I got my Dorman Truck intake from summit and was going to run it on a boosted Engine bc it uses the fast base design. Incase no one knows... dorman purchased rights to the old FAST intake designs so you will notice they resemble the fast intakes in the baseplate area. This means they flow a bit more than stock but don’t have the price of a full on fast intake.

But there are reports of the dorman intakes bursting at the plastic weld seams on the intake in boosted applications. The truck versions are a 2 peice design so if they leak it’s where the 2 half’s meet at the oring seal. It can be fixed by opening and permanently sealing them with a nylon adhesive. Basically making it a cheap Performance intake. The dorman quality was decent on my truck intake.

If the LS2 dorman has cathedral ports then it will work with any truck motor. But the truck accessory drive will have to be modified to fit the now lower TB area.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 908 Posts

Originally Posted by Mungface78
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...s2-intake.html
Old 11-07-2017, 01:55 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone try this in a 4th gen fbody I'd like to use it to utilise self tuning.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just read a new article in this Months car mag. CPH or CC can’t remember at the moment and they tested the FItech Billet Intake ca the LS6. Apparently it didn’t do as bad on that motor. It was a 6.0 but a short stroke large piston setup that came in around 333cuin.... so close to the 5.3 325. But bc it’s a large bore it’s not really the same.

Apparently it was only down 14ish hp under the curve and then pulled ahead at 5300+ Rpms. But this is also a Ls6 intake with 75mm th vs the 92mm they tested on the Billet intake. I also think the heads were square port as they were aftermarkets.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey guys,

Can someone help me out with a problem I'm havins installing the K-line drivers on my laptop? I have a new laptop (about a year old almost) and it runs windows 10. I downloaded the data off the handheld and went to install the driver software for the X64 K-line driver and it fails to install everytime. I tried the X86 K-line driver and it says I need to install the X64. I've read this is something possibly not working with the new windows software. How have you guys gotten the K-line feature to work on the laptop tuning side?

I wanted to do a tune from the laptop and use the advanced settings for higher resolution but If I can't communicate with the handheld then I'm screwed and I'm stuck inputting the data in lower res from the handheld while sitting in the damn car.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Figured out the klink issue, Kirk at FItech said i had to disable the driver signature verification and it worked.

Now onto my next issue... when i set up my tune on the pro cal software and save it, i set the handheld to mass storage and drag the CAL file into the CAL file folder on the hand held. Then when i set the handheld to offline usage i see the cal and when i load the CAL file in the FItech pro tuning section on the handheld (say I’m in the “cooling fans and AC” section) load the file and it says ERROR, CAL missmatch. Then the values load but they are off slightly a few degrees, further scrolling shows the 2nd fan is set to 0 or disabled and when I make all the corrections and go to save CAL file it says ERROR cooling fans can not be found, save failed and then that’s it. So far this is the only part of the tune that’s giving me problems. I can make the changes in the pro software on my laptop and save but the program crashes when i try to close it. Very weird.

Maybe its bc I’ve never uploaded anything or connected it to the PCM and it’s all just been on the handheld? Idk... hoping to give it a crank at some point soon before it gets too cold like 20s and down. It’s been a solid 30-40*F here so temps are dropping quick.

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried the FItech 70050/70051