Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Has anyone tried the FItech 70050/70051

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 09:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Try to call Holley for tech help. You’ll be lucky if they get back with you in the same week.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FItech 70051

After 28 pages 70051 looks like a winner to me, Maybe by the time I'm ready to order the manufacturer will have it down pat
Old 04-25-2018, 08:52 AM
Teching In

I believe most of the problems with start-up can be boiled down to a few things:

1. The kit comes with EV1 and EV6 harnesses. If you have different injectors you will need an adapter harness or different injectors.

2. You might need a different MAP sensor. One from a 2014 Camaro works OEM pn: 12591290 (I think)

3: Most of us agree that two 02 sensors are the way to go. Add the second one if it doesn't come in your kit.

4: Read the instructions, especially the part about setting the IAC steps. You need to adjust the throttle blade set screw. (The computer cannot do this.)

5. The early kits had some QC problems. Make sure you check every injector with a NOID to make sure they are all firing. Check every coil to make sure it is firing.

6: The kit does not come with coil harness, it plugs into the factory coil harness. I you don't have good ones, you'll need them.

7: VSS only reads on 4Lxx trans. If you have a VSS that doesn't fit the connector, don't use the VSS - it won't work. Cody says you don't need it anyway.

There might be something else that could be on this list, but I think these are the most common issues.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 89 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Hellsx
More i think (read) about it, the more Holley is calling. LoL!! It seems to really be hit or miss. Some have great success and others.... Not! Sadly, its those that really buy it for its simplicity (maybe less mech inclined) that seem to end up with the no luck parts.

Oh well.... the HP iss not that much more. But at least Holley has support if anything. With the FiTech if it wasnt for Blackbird, a LOT of FiTech users would still be on the side of the road. Lol!! You boy's should really appreciate this guy's time and involvement. Its certainly not an FiTech "technician" thats going to put a highlight on this guy's help and involvement.

But someone deff should...

Lead.
Thank you for the kind words Lead. I'm a devoted hobbyist and this is my MAIN life consuming Hobby lol. Helping people in general means more will be willing to share or help in other means. Ive gotten good help before and it helped me make decisions/save money. Give and you shall receive!
Old 04-25-2018, 09:54 AM
TECH Addict

It's really up to the person who wants the "name" or the "support". The Holley HP and the Fitech do the same thing essentially, the HP I beleive is maxed out after adding the harnesses for boost control etc (only has so many "drivers" to run things). The difference is for boost control/harness/PCM I was quoted like $2k. I also thought that holley uses its own sensors for things? Thats no buono as your stuck getting all your stuff from them.

The Fitech system has given me very few issues... more just me figuring out the system and trying to backward engineer how things work. I'm all about figuring how things work and this system due to the lack of instruction to an extent can be challenging. However my $795 system ( i paid only $750 from summit) has worked pretty flawlessly. Just yesterday I have been up to 8psi and datalogs show perfect tuning (AFR and timing). Car drives great on the street, starts easy etc. Car gets sideways on medium/heavy throttle in 1 and 2nd gear and in all the shifts. Im very happy with my purchase and like I said I was heavily weighing the Holley HP system.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:58 AM
TECH Addict

Side note, Ive run a FAST EZ EFI 2.0 on a 521 BBF and it was decent, tech support was decent as well. Ive had issues with Edelbrock where there tech didnt even know what the spring rate was or why I was getting valve float on OTB edelbrock performer RPM heads and a mild cam. By the time I was done I knew more about the heads than they did. Tech support only gets you so far... its the product that does all the talking.

As any new product comes out there will always be "bugs" or issues that need to get worked out over time. Nothing is perfect right out of the gate.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:00 AM
TECH Addict

Fun fact for you guys with windows 10 (I FU!KING HATE WINDOWS!!). My laptop updated on its own and i couldnt connect to the FItech PCM yesterday. Took me an hour to figure out. I uninstalled the hardware (prob wasnt needed) I rebooted turning off the driver signature validation crap, then I remembered the stupid driver installation. I went back and installed the driver and boom I'm connected to the PCM again. UGHHHH WINDOWS!!!
Old 04-25-2018, 04:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DJ3100
I believe most of the problems with start-up can be boiled down to a few things:

1. The kit comes with EV1 and EV6 harnesses. If you have different injectors you will need an adapter harness or different injectors.

2. You might need a different MAP sensor. One from a 2014 Camaro works OEM pn: 12591290 (I think)

3: Most of us agree that two 02 sensors are the way to go. Add the second one if it doesn't come in your kit.

4: Read the instructions, especially the part about setting the IAC steps. You need to adjust the throttle blade set screw. (The computer cannot do this.)

5. The early kits had some QC problems. Make sure you check every injector with a NOID to make sure they are all firing. Check every coil to make sure it is firing.

6: The kit does not come with coil harness, it plugs into the factory coil harness. I you don't have good ones, you'll need them.

7: VSS only reads on 4Lxx trans. If you have a VSS that doesn't fit the connector, don't use the VSS - it won't work. Cody says you don't need it anyway.

There might be something else that could be on this list, but I think these are the most common issues.
#2 use the fitech supplied sensor, if it doesn't come with one call or email them. I tested the zl1 map against the fitech map and it's scaled differently. Fitech sensor was scaled perfect
Old 04-25-2018, 11:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by IMPATIENT 1
#2 use the fitech supplied sensor, if it doesn't come with one call or email them. I tested the zl1 map against the fitech map and it's scaled differently. Fitech sensor was scaled perfect

Good to know.Mine did not come with one.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:25 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by IMPATIENT 1
Correct! Some people it doesn't work and it reads high and some it does not (dunno why). You could run the GM one (i would prefer to) but you need to get the values (max vacuum and that voltage, max boost value and that voltage) and then you could plug the values into the formula Fitech gives and you could get the new scalar values to put into the software and then it would work (theroetically). I plan to do it (at some point) and of course will share the data if it works.
Old 04-29-2018, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Got mine 70050 fired up and drove down the road a little, and few burnouts. Started up good and ran pretty well. It built boost cause heard the wastegate and felt it but never showed it on the screen, stayed negative so need to work on that and see what’s going on. But pretty happy with it so far.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by dmracing
Mine was a total 100% plug and play. No headaches what so ever.
I would have to agree.......only headaches were self inflicted and cleared with a lil help from the guys on this site.....I think I got my 70050 dialed in now and I couldn't be happier, I'm running both o2s on long tube 1.75" headers, on a gen3 5.3 with a 220/220 cam, and upgraded springs and pushrods .......honestly the cooling fan relay wiring was probably the only headache I got, but after reading the instructions and a lil help from here , we are good......can too tight of belt ruin my alternator?.......even with a th350 and 3000 stall 2.73 peg leg.....this thing just shreds the TIRE! Couldn't be happier ......now I gotta finish my 370" lq9/ls3 build.....
Old 04-30-2018, 06:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by customblackbird
It's really up to the person who wants the "name" or the "support". The Holley HP and the Fitech do the same thing essentially, the HP I beleive is maxed out after adding the harnesses for boost control etc (only has so many "drivers" to run things). The difference is for boost control/harness/PCM I was quoted like $2k. I also thought that holley uses its own sensors for things? Thats no buono as your stuck getting all your stuff from them.

The Fitech system has given me very few issues... more just me figuring out the system and trying to backward engineer how things work. I'm all about figuring how things work and this system due to the lack of instruction to an extent can be challenging. However my $795 system ( i paid only $750 from summit) has worked pretty flawlessly. Just yesterday I have been up to 8psi and datalogs show perfect tuning (AFR and timing). Car drives great on the street, starts easy etc. Car gets sideways on medium/heavy throttle in 1 and 2nd gear and in all the shifts. Im very happy with my purchase and like I said I was heavily weighing the Holley HP system.
You've just eased my mind, I keep going back and forth in my head whether I should sell my kit and purchase the HP, I think I'm just going to stick it out with the fitech hell I don't even have the car running yet it's just all that negative stuff I am reading about it. But like you said every new system has bugs....
Old 04-30-2018, 06:34 AM
On The Tree

AWESOME LAST02TRANSAM! I've got the same setup as you minus the turbo sounds awesome!
Old 04-30-2018, 09:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mungface78
AWESOME LAST02TRANSAM! I've got the same setup as you minus the turbo sounds awesome!
Thanks! It was still a little cold so should idle down and sound pretty good when it warms up. Got a little turbo feed leak need to fix first, then alignment and drive and tune some.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by dmracing
I called a few times and no answer
hi, just to know, fitech provide me the pinout schema for the ecu...
Attached Files
Old 05-08-2018, 04:22 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

David welcome to LS1 Tech!

And thanks for the info!
Old 05-08-2018, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ3100

So this fault code pops up as saved faults, every once in a while.......thing is ,im running a th350 therefore my vss is unplugged, any ideas why this code seems to appear? I wanna say i seen a p188 code when in regular dashboard mode.....is p188 same as vss?
Old 05-08-2018, 06:41 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Here's the 7005x ECM wiring schemattaca and pin out in PDF format.
Attached Files
Old 05-11-2018, 10:38 AM
Launching!

Has anyone had luck installing actual injector offset data without the thing going apeshit with it? I plugged in correctly interpolated data for the fic 114lbs injectors I'm running and it ran like dog **** for my efforts👎 seems it needs the injector turn-off delay time to be correct along with offset multiplier, both of which injector companies don't provide. I don't give up easy and have fought this ******* thing for months at this point. It'll go up for sale in Oct when I pickle the boat for winter it's getting Holley hp, I'm done with fitech bullshit.

***** Anyone reading this thread thinking about this kit, don't cheap out like I did, go Holley. Fitech gives you control up to 6krpms also, which is also bullshit for anyone wanting to control ignition better than a damn msd c.o.p box😏 so far with fitech I've had it lose calibrations 3 times(would've smoked my sbe had i made boost this way), dash vs laptop data isn't even close, nothing injector data related is common amongst ALL other efi systems,tables stop at 6k even in laptop procal. I wanted a clean running motor that used provided injector data , I could have ignition control fully over the ranges I'll run it, fitech ls kits aren't that. Instead of installing correct data into it you get to lie to it till fuel learns and trims are good, how fun👿

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried the FItech 70050/70051