Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Has anyone tried the FItech 70050/70051

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 04:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by H.P.Ranch1
"Recieving time out" is the message that pops up on the screen of laptop, the dash gauges freeze, your choices are retry or cancel I hit retry and the gauges work again for 30 seconds or so and right back to retry or cancel.The tach never drops to zero before this happens, car continues to run. Ideas? Ran independent hot for key on to battery and a 1/0 welding cable for ground to battery.
does the mini USB cord still feel like it snaps into handheld? Mine has gotten wonky like a cell phone charger and disconnects like that sometime.

Fixed my tip in deadspot and the inconsistent idle trying to hit fitech 5-10 step iac counts. Running the stock tb without a pcv system was killing idle airflow, stock truck tb adjuster wasn't getting the job done fully screwed in so I modded some. M6 ss Allen with a push spring, opened up the blade alot more than stock could and bam, problems cured. That 5-10 count stuff I'm sure is for their china tb and iac, mine is happy at 35
Old 07-02-2018, 05:04 PM
Staging Lane

Talked to Fitech they said to replace the usb cable, I tried that and still acts up. then I went to the top left plug, reseated same issue then went up under the dash where the next connection was and reseated this connection and seemed to help but is still intermittant but better. Impatient1 I had to take my idle screw out of truck throttle body and screw it in from the top for easy adjustments. When I get mine to idle at 6-10iac @ 950rpm its fine but when fan comes on and idles up to 980rpms the iac goes up to 25-30.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:36 AM
Launching!

Talked to Fitech they said to replace the usb cable, I tried that and still acts up. then I went to the top left plug, reseated same issue then went up under the dash where the next connection was and reseated this connection and seemed to help but is still intermittant but better. Impatient1 I had to take my idle screw out of truck throttle body and screw it in from the top for easy adjustments. When I get mine to idle at 6-10iac @ 950rpm its fine but when fan comes on and idles up to 980rpms the iac goes up to 25-30.
lmao it never occurred to me to flip that stock set screw around 😁 well at least my ignorance looks good and stainless 😜
I'm at 900 on idle and it seems to wanna float 30-35 range but my jetpump is loaded with water , making the counts need to be higher than if I were on the trailer with a unloaded motor.

Prob handheld on your odd issue, mine is headed there I can tell, no longer has that positive engagement feel when I mini USB into it and I get the occasional disconnect
Old 07-05-2018, 12:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Anybody got suggestions for injectors, I have 11.2:1 lq9 (370")with ls3 (64cc)heads, running an Asa cam, I was thinking stock 42lb ls3 injectors should be fine but will the fitech work with them long as I change the parameters on the hand held......i don't wanna use fitech's injectors so I'm trying to figure something else out, I have stock brand new lm7 injectors still in the box I think there like 29lb, anybody know if decapping those would be better and roughly what's the lbs different of capped and de capped. .......really leaning towards high impedance 42lb ls3 injectors. ....plz help
Old 07-05-2018, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by IMPATIENT 1
does the mini USB cord still feel like it snaps into handheld? Mine has gotten wonky like a cell phone charger and disconnects like that sometime.

Fixed my tip in deadspot and the inconsistent idle trying to hit fitech 5-10 step iac counts. Running the stock tb without a pcv system was killing idle airflow, stock truck tb adjuster wasn't getting the job done fully screwed in so I modded some. M6 ss Allen with a push spring, opened up the blade alot more than stock could and bam, problems cured. That 5-10 count stuff I'm sure is for their china tb and iac, mine is happy at 35
I'd agree with you on that too.....mine is happy between 30/35 that's with a stock truck throttle body too.....
Old 07-05-2018, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by dawgs74
Anybody got suggestions for injectors, I have 11.2:1 lq9 (370")with ls3 (64cc)heads, running an Asa cam, I was thinking stock 42lb ls3 injectors should be fine but will the fitech work with them long as I change the parameters on the hand held......i don't wanna use fitech's injectors so I'm trying to figure something else out, I have stock brand new lm7 injectors still in the box I think there like 29lb, anybody know if decapping those would be better and roughly what's the lbs different of capped and de capped. .......really leaning towards high impedance 42lb ls3 injectors. ....plz help
Fitech doesnt care about the brand or style of injector. Just plug in the flow and be done. Go with the 42lb, you'll be fine.

Remember all these turbo engines running huge injectors? 80lb or 120lb on smaller 4.8s and 5.3s? Pcm only cares about min pulse width and how much fuel the injector can flow at the min PW. If you can get an 80lb to idle at commanded AFR then you can get a 42lb to do the same (on a bigger motor that uses more fuel at idle).

dont run decapped injectors unless you get them flowed... once you decap them the flow becomes a crap shoot from one to the other. So you might get 4 or 6 injectors out of 8 that flow close and then you need to take apart 8 more to get another couple to make a set.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:03 PM
Teching In

I'm running the 70003 kit, I've been running for a couple of months now. A lot of street miles, no track time yet. My combo is an 06ish LH6 5.3 with a small cam, valve spring and head studs with twin 67mm turbos. I started with about 5 psi on pump gas and now I'm 11 psi on E85. I also started with 80lb injectors and just recently changed to 150lb injectors. I couldn't be happier with the street manners and cold start up. I still have a little rich tip in that I'm working on. I used to be on this site years ago but I stepped away from the hoddy for a while.

john
Old 07-17-2018, 10:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by E85falcon
I'm running the 70003 kit, I've been running for a couple of months now. A lot of street miles, no track time yet. My combo is an 06ish LH6 5.3 with a small cam, valve spring and head studs with twin 67mm turbos. I started with about 5 psi on pump gas and now I'm 11 psi on E85. I also started with 80lb injectors and just recently changed to 150lb injectors. I couldn't be happier with the street manners and cold start up. I still have a little rich tip in that I'm working on. I used to be on this site years ago but I stepped away from the hoddy for a while.

john
Sounds like your getting close to having it dialed in, what ohm injectors are those 150's? I have the same kit on 6.0 80mm.80lb. but idle only, no drive time yet, still tuning.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes. What 150 injectors are those?
Old 07-18-2018, 05:46 AM
Teching In

The injectors are the ones that Matt aka Sloppy Mechanics just made a video of, based off of the deka 80lb injectors. 1500cc 12ohm same size, shape and plug as the deka 80lb. And I had the 80lb when I first started my car. Matt spoke highly about them and I knew I was at the limit of the 80s and I wasn't sure how the Fitech would handle the bosh 210s. A friend of mine and I bought 16 for us to try. Idle quality is good and the car runs good.

https://www.snakeeaterperformance.com/sepproducts/snake-eater-1500cc-injectors

The Fitech kit I bought was one of the first batches of them. I had an issue where the map sensor wouldn't read right once I upped the boost past 9psi. The engine idles with 16.5 inches of vacuum normally but after getting into boost, at idle is was reading 39.5 inches of vacuum. So from that point it wouldn't read right. But if I powered the system down, it would restart and run fine again until it was in boost again. My map sensor part numbers didn't match my friends setup so I bought a 3 bar but it didn't fix my problem. I called Fitech and they asked if my handheld had a selection choice of being supercharged and I said no. He sent me an update and that fixed my issue.

Old 07-18-2018, 05:55 AM
Teching In

Sounds like your getting close to having it dialed in, what ohm injectors are those 150's? I have the same kit on 6.0 80mm.80lb. but idle only, no drive time yet, still tuning.
Don't change a lot of settings until you drive it some. You'll end up chasing your tail later. The biggest thing to get dialed in is the idle. Mine idles at 700rpm and the IAC steps should be between 3 and 10 mine is 0 to 10 it's a touchy setting but it makes all the difference. Adjust the throttle blade screw then power down the system, then start it and see where it lands, over and over and over again
Old 07-19-2018, 06:20 PM
Launching!

The injectors are the ones that Matt aka Sloppy Mechanics just made a video of, based off of the deka 80lb injectors. 1500cc 12ohm same size, shape and plug as the deka 80lb. And I had the 80lb when I first started my car. Matt spoke highly about them and I knew I was at the limit of the 80s and I wasn't sure how the Fitech would handle the bosh 210s. A friend of mine and I bought 16 for us to try. Idle quality is good and the car runs good.

https://www.snakeeaterperformance.co...00cc-injectors

The Fitech kit I bought was one of the first batches of them. I had an issue where the map sensor wouldn't read right once I upped the boost past 9psi. The engine idles with 16.5 inches of vacuum normally but after getting into boost, at idle is was reading 39.5 inches of vacuum. So from that point it wouldn't read right. But if I powered the system down, it would restart and run fine again until it was in boost again. My map sensor part numbers didn't match my friends setup so I bought a 3 bar but it didn't fix my problem. I called Fitech and they asked if my handheld had a selection choice of being supercharged and I said no. He sent me an update and that fixed my issue.
Just got sent this update but haven't loaded it yet. How hard was it to do the update??
Old 07-19-2018, 06:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by customblackbird
Fitech doesnt care about the brand or style of injector. Just plug in the flow and be done. Go with the 42lb, you'll be fine.

Remember all these turbo engines running huge injectors? 80lb or 120lb on smaller 4.8s and 5.3s? Pcm only cares about min pulse width and how much fuel the injector can flow at the min PW. If you can get an 80lb to idle at commanded AFR then you can get a 42lb to do the same (on a bigger motor that uses more fuel at idle).

dont run decapped injectors unless you get them flowed... once you decap them the flow becomes a crap shoot from one to the other. So you might get 4 or 6 injectors out of 8 that flow close and then you need to take apart 8 more to get another couple to make a set.

Jonathon you might wanna try out the new update as well, I've got it in email Dropbox form plus another way, shoot me a messenger on fb with your email and I'll send it to ya
Old 07-19-2018, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

Are the 210’s still around 500$
Old 07-19-2018, 09:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hellsx
Are the 210’s still around 500$
the 210’s didn’t work with the Fitech
Old 07-19-2018, 11:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dmracing

the 210’s didn’t work with the Fitech
I couldn't control them on gas, the fitech injector data input didn't help, nor did messing with fuel psi or engine size. Read some others on the fb ultimate ls page were running them on e85 but i got booted from that page�� haven't herd how they were doing with them. I run fic1000cc 114lbs at 58 base, 95 at 43.5 base now
Old 07-20-2018, 08:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by IMPATIENT 1
Just got sent this update but haven't loaded it yet. How hard was it to do the update??
The update was simple but wiped out all my settings, timing maps and l earned stuuf.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:15 AM
Teching In

I bought 8 of the 1500cc injectors and I run E85. A friend of mine bought the same injectors and he runs 93 octane. Or combos are exactly the same. He's having good luck with his too. His car went 5.80s in the 1/8 , 4,000 pound regal at the time it had 80lb deka injectors.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:55 AM
Launching!

I updated my handheld this morning for the newest software, was actually pretty easy to do using their instructions anyone needing the update just hit my inbox here, it comes with very easy to follow instruction sheet as well. I'm computer ignorant and I had no trouble doing it
Old 07-20-2018, 09:00 AM
Launching!

The update was simple but wiped out all my settings, timing maps and l earned stuuf.
I have pix of my tables etc, lost them before so I don't take chances😂 Im looking forward to trying it in the dragboat this wknd👍 on 20lbs😁🤘

The injectors are pretty flexible on these things, I just think it has a hard time with the 210s on gas since you can't really set the min pw and it work against that. Ive inputted injector data countless times and mine seems to run better just telling the procal flow rate and that's it.

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried the FItech 70050/70051