Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Supercharger or turbo for street racing a 6 speed ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ddnspider
Now I know you're a dumbass, I wasn't sure, but this confirms it. My turbo street car was better than anything you think you've built. It drove like stock with AC, ran 10s at 3800lbs on 93 octane at 8psi driving to and from the track, and needed nothing but oil changes and spark plugs for like 8 years. I'm the perfect candidate for making the turbo argument...but I'm not cause I can actually be objective instead of believing that ignorance is bliss.

You and game make the weakest arguments and talk out both sides of your mouth. You compare custom made turbo kits to off the shelf bolt on blower kits and ignore ALL the negatives about turbo kits that have been documented on this site for a decade or more because allegedly your custom kits have never had any issue ever from day 1. But then trivialize low-end and turbo lag cause it "doesn't exist".
it's because he hasn't had anything else. So what he has just HAS to be the best thing ever.... Close minded people are like turbo lag.... They're a total drag...
Old 06-27-2017, 04:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,743 Likes on 1,301 Posts

Originally Posted by Game ova
Ive built the motor....changed turbos....radiator....built my own transmission....and rear end. Let's hear about what you've built sir.
None of which is the actual turbo kit, which is the entire discussion? Ok got it.

If I felt the need to prove anything I'd give you the laundry list of specific stuff I've worked on;from nitrous dry/wet kits and custom blower installs, to fabbing and modding turbo kits and tuning everything from stock cars to 900hp boosted setups and 425c.i. NA setups all of which drive like stock cause they're strictly street cars on pump gas. You 2 love birds carry on.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2BAD4U
it's because he hasn't had anything else. So what he has just HAS to be the best thing ever.... Close minded people are like turbo lag.... They're a total drag...
Thank you! And the best part is it's the drag without a decent time slip to back it up!
Old 06-27-2017, 04:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 525 Likes on 408 Posts

Now I know you're a dumbass, I wasn't sure, but this confirms it. My turbo street car was better than anything you think you've built. It drove like stock with AC, ran 10s at 3800lbs on 93 octane at 8psi driving to and from the track, and needed nothing but oil changes and spark plugs for like 8 years. I'm the perfect candidate for making the turbo argument...but I'm not cause I can actually be objective instead of believing that ignorance is bliss.

You and game make the weakest arguments and talk out both sides of your mouth. You compare custom made turbo kits to off the shelf bolt on blower kits and ignore ALL the negatives about turbo kits that have been documented on this site for a decade or more because allegedly your custom kits have never had any issue ever from day 1. But then trivialize low-end and turbo lag cause it "doesn't exist".
Wow guy, no need to get angry.
You don't know me, what I've done or what I've built but I can see you're obviously the best turbo car builder ever and I concede to your awesomeness.
You and 2BAD4U should let the adults speak if your just going to result to insults and name calling when the conversation doesn't go your way.
SMH.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Thank you! And the best part is it's the drag without a decent time slip to back it up!
You slam him....then turn around and thank him. Lol....you guys are wild.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:45 PM
10 Second Club

Different username....you and Ball are the cute couple. 2bad4u is with me living in reality.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:46 PM
TECH Addict

Its the internet man, EVERYBODY is an expert.
Except me, I don't know ****...except that my junk works lol.
I've got a time slip but its not impressive at all.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by The ******
You don't know me, what I've done or what I've built but I can see you're obviously the best turbo car builder ever and I concede to your awesomeness.
You and 2BAD4U should let the adults speak if your just going to result to insults and name calling when the conversation doesn't go your way.
SMH.
Agreed. This car stuff is just that....cars. Any discussion I have, be it here or elsewhere is ALWAYS lightheaded and fun. No need for all of the name calling.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:47 PM
10 Second Club

SMH.
You make an ignorant argument claiming turbos are the best ever and refuse to acknowledge ANY fault or weakness inherent to turbo kits...and we're the bad guys? Boy you funny.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Its the internet man, EVERYBODY is an expert.
Except me, I don't know ****...except that my junk works lol.
I've got a time slip but its not impressive at all.
I have a bunch of time slips, and not a single one is fast.....yet. That's the fun of it...keep chipping away at it. Only thing is, at least with me is....cash is holding me up from being fast right now
Old 06-27-2017, 04:49 PM
TECH Addict

Different username....you and Ball are the cute couple. 2bad4u is with me living in reality.
Well then you can hold the door for 2BAD4U when you both leave the conversation since this post if full of unrealistic people...
Old 06-27-2017, 04:49 PM
10 Second Club

I retract all name calling and turbos FTW!!! All better??
Old 06-27-2017, 04:53 PM
TECH Addict

I have a bunch of time slips, and not a single one is fast.....yet. That's the fun of it...keep chipping away at it. Only thing is, at least with me is....cash is holding me up from being fast right now
Mine isn't a drag car, I campaigned a BBC nitrous car for many years, I wanna go auto-crossing now so that's what mine is set up for.
I think my last outing was 12.23 @126 mph, not fast but fun lol.
I admit, sitting in the staging lanes with the AC on is much nicer than sweating my ***** off in a fire suit and black race car. Winning!
Old 06-27-2017, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

No...I need a hug.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:55 PM
8 Second Club

Received 945 Likes on 701 Posts

None of which is the actual turbo kit, which is the entire discussion? Ok got it.

If I felt the need to prove anything I'd give you the laundry list of specific stuff I've worked on;from nitrous dry/wet kits and custom blower installs, to fabbing and modding turbo kits and tuning everything from stock cars to 900hp boosted setups and 425c.i. NA setups all of which drive like stock cause they're strictly street cars on pump gas. You 2 love birds carry on.
Why stop at 900? That's just when it's getting fun!
Old 06-27-2017, 04:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Just retract the name calling, you can maintain your position in regard to the supercharge/turbo discussion. Makes no difference to me what side you are on, we are all different and feel different ways about power adders.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:01 PM
10 Second Club

No...I need a hug.
is close to an e-hug
Old 06-27-2017, 05:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
Why stop at 900? That's just when it's getting fun!
​​​​​​I don't do this for a living like some of you guys, just for fun in my spare time. You guys do the real nasty stuff and I learn where I can.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

Just retract the name calling, you can maintain your position in regard to the supercharge/turbo discussion. Makes no difference to me what side you are on, we are all different and feel different ways about power adders.
Agreed, for the record I don't disagree with the points ddnspider raised regarding issues with turbo systems.
I was simply conveying my personal experience with turbo cars.
I've never owned a centri car yet but I hope to some day because I absolutely love the sound of a procharger at idles Hnnngggg.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:10 PM
TECH Addict

is close to an e-hug
That'll do lmao.

Quick Reply: Supercharger or turbo for street racing a 6 speed ?