Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Smallest twin for 5.7 ls1 swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 07:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeNova
Good to know that someone else is building it for you. You're clearly not capable of doing it yourself.
Unless you have a full machine shop and tools to do it neither are you. I'm smart enough to realize that......apparently you're not.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:46 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ddnspider
Might actually turn out cheaper than doing the labor himself. Funny part is I know nothing, yet my SBE D1SC at 7 psi went faster than his fox with an entire Cobra motor/blower swap.....and my 3800lb 383 turbo daily driver getting 30 mpg's went faster and quicker at 8 psi than the almighty "bolt-in" 3200 lb faceplated disaster on the 4th motor. Its sad since said disaster "cut a 1.2 sixty foot" on the hero pass and still was slower.

Yea dude....your h/c boosted junk beat my bolt on stuff by less than .1 great job . And that was your fast one.....the other one got it's *** whooped. So it took you 2 cars two boosted cars to be my bolt on one. You'reother h/c boosted car i thrashed. Do you really think that a accomplishment for a h/c bolt on boosted hotrod?

Worst part is with your turd weighing 3800lb it shows what a idiot you are to add 300-400 lb of weight to a performance car. My old bolt on junk would have railed you in every other performance aspect. Your pile could only compete in a straight line. It is very clear you don't know nothing fo sho.

My termi fox went 11.2@125.98. Pretty good for basic stuff on 12yr old dr. No headers, stock ported blower. Pullied on 14 psi. Stock cams......can you say you ever went in the 11s on stock cam? I can.....in 3 different cars and 10s with one.

How does your built ls6 run?? Lmao

Last edited by HioSSilver; 06-26-2019 at 07:52 AM.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:55 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Unless you have a full machine shop and tools to do it neither are you. I'm smart enough to realize that......apparently you're not.
So everyone that assembles an engine has their own machine shop?

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
waiting for this simple, cost affordable recipe for 550whp N/A.

AND STTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL WAITING.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:54 AM
8 Second Club

Received 944 Likes on 700 Posts

This thread is hilarious... so far I got a $5k+ NA build can't make 550whp, a $1000 garage built turbo setup can make 600+whp, no examples of any 550+LS1's have been provided, and an open callout is being ignored. Am I all caught up?

FACT: A clapped out 5.3L and a chinese turbo outperforms every NA setup on this forum. yap your gums all you want ain't one of those fancy *** NA setups run 7's or even 8's, heck most 427+CI NA builds are hard pressed to run 9's NA. Meanwhile its almost to the point if you don't run at least 8's with a junkyard 5.3 turbo setup you're doing it wrong. I'll wait for all the NA excuses... 5.3 revs to 7500+ SBE-check, Gen4 internals handle 1000hp-check, rate of acceleration is faster with the turbo period as the NA car is down 20+MPH, if for some reason NA is out front you can just turn up the boost from the drivers seat and win, next excuse... I'll wait!
The following users liked this post:
panda240ss (06-27-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 11:13 AM
Restricted User

The first sub-$1000 twin setup I did. Almost exactly as the one I described in my previous post using stock truck manifolds, transition flanges, and all 2.5" piping.

This was the first outing once the setup was sorted.
A little over 3600 lbs with driver, T56, ran a 10.69 a few weeks later through a full exhaust with mufflers. Had 10.20s in it with a few turns of the boost controller and no other changes.

Never went any faster because the LT1 T56 took a dump and it couldn't be flat shifted from the start.

$800 TOTAL on the turbo setup. Turbos, gates, piping, intercooler, couplers, oil lines.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
This thread is hilarious... so far I got a $5k+ NA build can't make 550whp, a $1000 garage built turbo setup can make 600+whp, no examples of any 550+LS1's have been provided, and an open callout is being ignored. Am I all caught up?

FACT: A clapped out 5.3L and a chinese turbo outperforms every NA setup on this forum. yap your gums all you want ain't one of those fancy *** NA setups run 7's or even 8's, heck most 427+CI NA builds are hard pressed to run 9's NA. Meanwhile its almost to the point if you don't run at least 8's with a junkyard 5.3 turbo setup you're doing it wrong. I'll wait for all the NA excuses... 5.3 revs to 7500+ SBE-check, Gen4 internals handle 1000hp-check, rate of acceleration is faster with the turbo period as the NA car is down 20+MPH, if for some reason NA is out front you can just turn up the boost from the drivers seat and win, next excuse... I'll wait!
You are fully up to speed and obviously have a clue.....that is why the quote still stands......"Those who can, go boosted. Those who can't run their mouths and make grand claims of "bolt-ins"....and they can't even do that cause they don't have a true bolt on car
Old 06-26-2019, 12:18 PM
10 Second Club

So everyone that assembles an engine has their own machine shop?

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
waiting for this simple, cost affordable recipe for 550whp N/A.

AND STTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL WAITING.
You insecure enough to think I'm waiting for your reply.......sure seems that way.

It's funny to see that you think a assembler is the same as a builder. A builder has the equipment and does the machine work needed. There is a difference but you're not bright enough to figure that out.

https://youtu.be/D5teJMldZqo

The first sub-$1000 twin setup I did. Almost exactly as the one I described in my previous post using stock truck manifolds, transition flanges, and all 2.5" piping.

A little over 3600 lbs with driver, T56, ran a 10.69 a few weeks later through a full exhaust with mufflers. Had 10.20s in it with a few turns of the boost controller and no other changes.

Never went any faster because the LT1 T56 took a dump and it couldn't be flat shifted from the start.

$800 TOTAL on the turbo setup. Turbos, gates, piping, intercooler, couplers, oil lines.
I guess the difference between you and i is i can run 10s na with a bolt on engine and it took you twin turbos to do it. Pretty sad on your part. If i went twins i definitely wouldn't be looking at having a 10sec car.

Originally Posted by ddnspider
You are fully up to speed and obviously have a clue.....that is why the quote still stands......"Those who can, go boosted. Those who can't run their mouths and make grand claims of "bolt-ins"....and they can't even do that cause they don't have a true bolt on car
Obviously these boosted vehicles are struggling to get past solid bolt on times. Just be glad i didn't run that little na bolt on ls6 in it's final form.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:18 PM
8 Second Club

Nice! Even with some premade parts turbo kits dont have to be expensive. I got a huronspeed hotside, treadstone intercooler, chinese turbo, misc couplers and fittings and I had less into it then the Mamo heads that couldn't crack 550whp. Heck my entire engine cost less then the electric water pump used on that build. Only difference was mine ran 10.0 on wastegate at way heavier then any vette. But we are told that somehow a 550hp NA car is somehow supposed to be faster? How about we stick that NA engine in the same weight car and see how fast it goes! Torque is a ****, and turbos make gobs of it!
Old 06-26-2019, 12:20 PM
8 Second Club

I guess the difference between you and i is i can run 10s na with a bolt on engine and it took you twin turbos to do it. Pretty sad on your part. If i went twins i definitely wouldn't be looking at having a 10sec car.
Incorrect, I ran 10's with a chinese T4 single turbo, with twins I ran 8's. When's the last time you ran 8's NA? Or trapped over 150? I'll wait...
Old 06-26-2019, 12:24 PM
10 Second Club

Actually i was very correct because i was talking to joe.

And 8s ain't my goal or i would go there.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:26 PM
Restricted User

You insecure enough to think I'm waiting for your reply.......sure seems that way.
I'm just going to keep making fun of you and asking for proof that you can't provide

3600 lb stick shift truck on mild boost. The entire long block/turbo setup cost less than a set of Mamo 220 heads. Even if it only ever ran 10s, it did it way cheaper and easier than your N/A setup.
And when is the last time you ran 8's N/A, because I can guarantee that the entire long block/turbo setup in either my Nova or Corvette is still cheaper than a 10 second N/A long block.

Obviously these boosted vehicles are struggling to get past solid bolt on times. Just be glad i didn't run that little na bolt on ls6 in it's final form.
Struggling? No. These are minimum effort setups that perform as well as your maximum effort setups lol. The truck could have easily ran 9.50s on the same boost level if it was a stripped down truck built just for racing.

Your "I can do that too" attitude is HILARIOUS.

I'M STILL CALLING YOU OUT ON YOUR BS. PAID DYNO TIME, FREE ENGINE IF YOU WIN.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:29 PM
8 Second Club

Actually i was very correct because i was talking to joe.

Well you quoted me... either way it's more coulda woulda shoulda excuses about why your slow.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:38 PM
Restricted User

You're so full of it. You'll never run 8's N/A with a 5.7. Your parents must avoid claiming you at family gatherings.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:45 PM
10 Second Club

I'm just going to keep making fun of you and asking for proof that you can't provide

3600 lb stick shift truck on mild boost. The entire long block/turbo setup cost less than a set of Mamo 220 heads. Even if it only ever ran 10s, it did it way cheaper and easier than your N/A setup.
And when is the last time you ran 8's N/A, because I can guarantee that the entire long block/turbo setup in either my Nova or Corvette is still cheaper than a 10 second N/A long block.

Struggling? No. These are minimum effort setups that perform as well as your maximum effort setups lol. The truck could have easily ran 9.50s on the same boost level if it was a stripped down truck built just for racing.

Your "I can do that too" attitude is HILARIOUS.

I'M STILL CALLING YOU OUT ON YOUR BS. PAID DYNO TIME, FREE ENGINE IF YOU WIN.
You ain't calling out ****. Fact is slow sedan thinks your junk is turd city. Twins to run 10s......and you think op needs or wants your advice lmao

How was my effort maximum? I drove the car to the track on a rain worthy dr on pump gas and ran a 10.7. Max effort with require atleast a slick and a fuel......probably should take the jack and spare out fo maximus efforts to.

Not like i custom built a twin turbo max effortness.

Well you quoted me... either way it's more coulda woulda shoulda excuses about why your slow.
How is a 130+mph car slow? Please splain.....cause if your calling my bolt on ls6 slow then you must really think dbuttsniper boosted car was a absolute turd for what it was.

Here's the funny part about you vaginal carriers.......I'm not against boost. Not at all. I only questioned op's motives for. Then yalls menstrual cycle kicked in .

Op has a 2500lb car or less. Unless he's goin for 8s i wouldn't eff with turbos IN HIS CAR. Not YOUR CAR BUT HIS CAR. Can you guys grasp this.......earth to idiots.....come in idiots.

Hell if you look around on tech ive said lots that i wouldn't eff with anything but twins on a ls.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:47 PM
8 Second Club

You'll never run 8's N/A with a 5.7.
All it takes is more boltons...
Old 06-26-2019, 12:47 PM
10 Second Club

You're so full of it. You'll never run 8's N/A with a 5.7. Your parents must avoid claiming you at family gatherings.
I'm not full of **** and if i was goin for 8s i would run twins. But it's very much a damn fact i wouldn't run 10s with twins like you.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:51 PM
8 Second Club

How is a 130+mph car slow? Please splain.....
130 might be fast over in the SRK section but here its a mediocre 1/8th mile trap.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:51 PM
8 Second Club

I'm not full of **** and if i was goin for 8s i would run twins. But it's very much a damn fact i wouldn't run 10s with twins like you.
So build one and prove it... until then its all talk.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:02 PM
10 Second Club

130 might be fast over in the SRK section but here its a mediocre 1/8th mile trap.
130mph car is fast anywhere. Hell 115 cars are pretty damn fast and fun.

So build one and prove it... until then its all talk.
What part of me not caring to run 8s don't you understand?

I mean **** it can't be to hard if you did it. No doubt starting with a 10sec bolt on na car would make it alot easier even.....think about it.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:11 PM
8 Second Club

130mph car is fast anywhere. Hell 115 cars are pretty damn fast and fun.
Nothing about 130MPH is fast, even in NA land its slow as NA C6Z's are trapping north of 140.

Quick Reply: Smallest twin for 5.7 ls1 swap