Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Huron twin turbo kit with high ram or super Vic?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Huron twin turbo kit with high ram or super Vic?

Just bought a huron v3 twin kit for my 408. I was wondering if anyone has used one of these intakes and what you had to do to make the kit work for these intakes? Thanks
Old 08-10-2017, 09:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm afraid you're going to run into the issue of since those intakes sit higher you will have to extend the cold pipe that runs to the TB. Which means you will likely run into hood clearance issues. On a dedicated race car cut that **** out. On a street car it could cause some big issues. Might be able to get a massive cowl hood to make it fit.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

I figured that I would have to extend the pipe which isn't a big deal. I just wasn't sure if the high/mid ran or vic with an elbow pushes further towards the front of the car. I'm not worried about clearance. I have a ws9 outlaw hood and I don't drive it on the street too much at all
Old 08-11-2017, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Has no one used a different intake besides a ls/fast set up on a huron kit?!
Old 08-12-2017, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by transamfreak01
Has no one used a different intake besides a ls/fast set up on a huron kit?!
No reason to. Just spending the money elsewhere instead of having something shiny up top.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Drewstein
No reason to. Just spending the money elsewhere instead of having something shiny up top.
If you able to, why wouldn't you want to squeeze a little more power out of the car. And yes those shiny things do look good up top
Old 08-13-2017, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the edelbrock proflo xt on my Huron TT kit. I have the 5" sloped VFN hood though. I had to cut the cowl and lost my wipers. It's not a "street car" though.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by transamfreak01
If you able to, why wouldn't you want to squeeze a little more power out of the car. And yes those shiny things do look good up top
There's a 7 second car in this forum running stock LS3. By the time we've shored up everything else to run good number and circled back to manifold it usually isn't worth it. I run a ported LS3 and make 1k plus and can run mid 8s so if you're planning on more than that then spend the money I guess. For the Huron guys there's usually better places to drop that kind of coin is all.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blown6.0L
I have the edelbrock proflo xt on my Huron TT kit. I have the 5" sloped VFN hood though. I had to cut the cowl and lost my wipers. It's not a "street car" though.
I have the ws9 outlaw hood, no wipers, and cut cowl. I have a super Vic already. That's why I was asking if and what I have to modify on the cold side to get it to work. Figured since I have it already why downgrade. And I was asking about the high ram Bc I might be able to get one for cheap.

Originally Posted by Drewstein
There's a 7 second car in this forum running stock LS3. By the time we've shored up everything else to run good number and circled back to manifold it usually isn't worth it. I run a ported LS3 and make 1k plus and can run mid 8s so if you're planning on more than that then spend the money I guess. For the Huron guys there's usually better places to drop that kind of coin is all.
I understand there's 7 second cars with much less. I just have a super Vic so why not use it. Only asking what needs to be modified
Old 08-15-2017, 10:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am - or at least will shortly - be running a High Ram with my Huron Speed C5 TT Kit.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:43 AM
Staging Lane

Building a Boosted 370 myself with the High Ram. Don't use mid Ram, will lose power. I've done a TON of research on Inatkes. I went from GEN1 SBC world, to the LS world. So I must verse myself in this stuff now. But read this, it explains it all. If you wanna go stock style, go LSX-R. If you have the room Holley HR.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/20-ls...ifolds-tested/
Old 08-17-2017, 07:04 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Cold side tube is made to run to the stock TB location. If moving the TB location via different intake manifold you will simply have to modify the upper charge pipe to run to this new location. You may be able to make it happen with some form of coupler, put the proper way to do it would be cut and weld..... or run an intake that ends in the OEM location

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 08-18-2017, 07:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Ottawa Ontario, Canada - where arguing "DA" is for the slow and weak...
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 89BANDIT
Building a Boosted 370 myself with the High Ram. Don't use mid Ram, will lose power. I've done a TON of research on Inatkes. I went from GEN1 SBC world, to the LS world. So I must verse myself in this stuff now. But read this, it explains it all. If you wanna go stock style, go LSX-R. If you have the room Holley HR.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/20-ls...ifolds-tested/
People who poo-poo on the Mid-Rise have never actually run one. It was the only aftermaket intake that fit under the cowl of our TBSS without cutting or jacking up the cowl. Truck went 11.96 @ 116 with it at 5200lbs. It works fine. Is it the best? No. Will it blow apart like a FAST? No.

Truth is an OEM intake is plenty in a forced induction application... they just lack the look cool factor of an aftermarket intake.

Quick Reply: Huron twin turbo kit with high ram or super Vic?