Notices
Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Junk nittos, from dig

 
Old 08-22-2017, 09:31 PM
  #21  
Staging Lane
 
vincez28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 62
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

the only good nittos for drag ...is the NT05R ,,
vincez28 is offline  
Old 08-22-2017, 09:52 PM
  #22  
8 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
rotary1307cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,523
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Game ova View Post
Are you rolling into it? I watched the video, and the ET vs trap is WAY off. I see that the car didn't spin the least bit, I'm confused.
The times are from a dig

The time doesn't match the trap because I'm having to use serious power management to get it from a to b

The point is being able to stop on asphalt and run mid 9s with no burnout on tires that most think are junk

It's maybe 300hp off launch and 1200hp by 130

Zero traction control
rotary1307cc is offline  
Old 08-22-2017, 09:53 PM
  #23  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,594
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Game ova View Post
Are you rolling into it? I watched the video, and the ET vs trap is WAY off. I see that the car didn't spin the least bit, I'm confused.
It's basically pouring on massive power over time. Leaves soft and pulls like a bear. If he could lay all the power down as if on a well prepped track, the car would go mid to low 8s.
3 window is online now  
Old 08-22-2017, 09:54 PM
  #24  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,594
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by rotary1307cc View Post
The times are from a dig

The time doesn't match the trap because I'm having to use serious power management to get it from a to b

The point is being able to stop on asphalt and run mid 9s with no burnout on tires that most think are junk

It's maybe 300hp off launch and 1200hp by 130

Zero traction control
I got treed!
3 window is online now  
Old 08-22-2017, 10:12 PM
  #25  
8 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
rotary1307cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,523
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Haha what he said
rotary1307cc is offline  
Old 08-22-2017, 10:27 PM
  #26  
TECH Addict
 
Game ova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,751
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by rotary1307cc View Post
Yeah that 9.5 one is upper 160 power, I usually pickup around 15-16mph from the 1000ft

Here is a 22lb hit

I hope that you live nowhere near Louisville, would hate to run into that buzzsaw on the street
Game ova is offline  
Old 08-23-2017, 07:46 AM
  #27  
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (19)
 
Only ERO's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rochester, MN
Posts: 576
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Game ova View Post
I hope that you live nowhere near Louisville, would hate to run into that buzzsaw on the street
You won't have to worry there. He lives nowhere near anything!
Only ERO's is offline  
Old 08-23-2017, 07:53 AM
  #28  
Restricted User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,789
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Forcefed86 View Post
Would be super cool if they could integrate the G-meter into the traction control software and adjust power accordingly. Seems like an easier method than playing with wheel speeds.
What are you thinking? Pick a pre-determined amount for the G-meter and anything below that you add power, anything above you remove it?

Biggest problem is, It wouldn't detect spinning. You could be accelerating your preset amount but with a major wheel spin.
JoeNova is offline  
Old 08-23-2017, 10:07 AM
  #29  
Launching!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 227
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

this is seriously amazing. I need this for my local runway events.

<4 second 60-130 on the street with rwd on normal tires is absolutely insane. That has to be near UGR lambo territory, especially at a track with heated tires.


can you share any details on what equipment/tech you are using to measure G force vs. mph and also what ECU you are using to ramp boost vs. rpm vs gear like that?
neverstop is offline  
Old 08-23-2017, 10:18 AM
  #30  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,594
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JoeNova View Post
What are you thinking? Pick a pre-determined amount for the G-meter and anything below that you add power, anything above you remove it?

Biggest problem is, It wouldn't detect spinning. You could be accelerating your preset amount but with a major wheel spin.
Car starts to spin, Gs go down. Easily detectable. But if the car were spinning from the start, we'll now you have a different story.
3 window is online now  
Old 08-23-2017, 11:20 AM
  #31  
TECH Veteran
iTrader: (17)
 
JAX04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indy
Posts: 4,221
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by neverstop View Post
this is seriously amazing. I need this for my local runway events.

<4 second 60-130 on the street with rwd on normal tires is absolutely insane. That has to be near UGR lambo territory, especially at a track with heated tires.


can you share any details on what equipment/tech you are using to measure G force vs. mph and also what ECU you are using to ramp boost vs. rpm vs gear like that?
He's on Holley HP EFI with its boost control. The Vbox does the other jazz i believe.
JAX04 is offline  
Old 08-23-2017, 11:32 AM
  #32  
Launching!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 227
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

thanks. that makes sense with vbox. really impressive. I honestly did not realize a <4 second 60-130 was even possible on the street with rwd and a normal tire not heated up. that's probably 10 car lengths on a gsxr1000 60-130.
gnarly.
neverstop is offline  
Old 08-23-2017, 11:34 AM
  #33  
TECH Veteran
iTrader: (17)
 
JAX04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indy
Posts: 4,221
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Well the truth of the matter is really simple. Rotary1307cc has unicorn **** in his blood.
JAX04 is offline  
Old 08-23-2017, 11:43 AM
  #34  
TECH Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 581
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JAX04 View Post
Well the truth of the matter is really simple. Rotary1307cc has unicorn **** in his blood.
Or he's milking one!

Amazing work! Congrats!
Bad Apache is offline  
Old 08-23-2017, 12:02 PM
  #35  
TECH Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,072
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

I think I'm gonna try the 325/50r15, my 295/55r15 eat streets are useless on the street. They just get all fuzzy and won't hook anything under 80mph. I never considered nittos but after seeing this I'll have to give it a shot.
MY_2K_Z is online now  
Old 08-23-2017, 12:24 PM
  #36  
TECH Resident
iTrader: (2)
 
408GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 880
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

I've got the 325/50's NT555's on my car and couldn't get a 1.8 60' at decently prepped track. We still need more details on your setup!
408GT is offline  
Old 08-23-2017, 01:09 PM
  #37  
8 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
rotary1307cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,523
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 3 window View Post
Car starts to spin, Gs go down. Easily detectable. But if the car were spinning from the start, we'll now you have a different story.
Yup 100%


Originally Posted by neverstop View Post
thanks. that makes sense with vbox. really impressive. I honestly did not realize a <4 second 60-130 was even possible on the street with rwd and a normal tire not heated up. that's probably 10 car lengths on a gsxr1000 60-130.
gnarly.
Wow very cool to see someone here familiar with with the vbox or 60-130 stuff!

I have been trying to get into the 3s in the street for 3 years now. And finally this year it all came together. And I can do it like a bracket car now

I had been stuck in the low 4s forever. 3s where my true unicorn in felt like honestly lol

Here are the increments from that 9.54 dig hit, 25psi out the back. Lifted at 1120ft at 161mph

I really want to get into the 2s 100-150 too, that will take 30psi




And a side note . Those Mickey Thompson radials suck for what I do

I started with those.

They literally last no time

They are way too soft.

They give excellent traction for about 2 hits on high power on sharp asphalt.... then go to marbles.... Because they get tore to **** all

And then you need to do a burnout to fix the tire

The nittos I am not bullshitting.... Never ever do a burnout, they are hard enough not to get tore up and hence the traction is always there and always the same

Honestly they will last a full year with me railing on them.... I have been through a set of Mickey etr in 2 weeks and that is no bullshit

Last edited by rotary1307cc; 08-23-2017 at 01:14 PM.
rotary1307cc is offline  
Old 08-23-2017, 01:10 PM
  #38  
8 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
rotary1307cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,523
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Some guys legitimately interested so I will put together a good post, it should be interesting to you. I promise
rotary1307cc is offline  
Old 08-23-2017, 01:21 PM
  #39  
TECH Resident
iTrader: (2)
 
408GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 880
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

I know what you're saying about the Mickey Thompsons tearing up really bad. Unbelievable how fast they wore out! Because of reading your posts over the years, I've switched to the Nitto for the street and they last a lot longer.

So not even a small burnout at the track to clean the tires off? I've been a 1.5 on a NT05R 315/35/17 and have a race this weekend where I'll be running the 315's.
408GT is offline  
Old 08-23-2017, 01:37 PM
  #40  
TECH Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,072
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by rotary1307cc

And a side note . Those Mickey Thompson radials suck for what I do

I started with those.

They literally last no time

They are way too soft.

They give excellent traction for about 2 hits on high power on sharp asphalt.... then go to marbles.... Because they get tore to **** all

And then you need to do a burnout to fix the tire

The nittos I am not bullshitting.... Never ever do a burnout, they are hard enough not to get tore up and hence the traction is always there and always the same

Honestly they will last a full year with me railing on them.... I have been through a set of Mickey etr in 2 weeks and that is no bullshit
This is exactly what I was just explaining to a buddy of mine and then I read this! I really don't like my et streets for the street. They are completely worthless, what size are you running?
MY_2K_Z is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Junk nittos, from dig


About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: