Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Help needed with tune and rough running 6.0ls with gt45 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help needed with tune and rough running 6.0ls with gt45 turbo

Hello,
I've been working on installing a gt45 vs racing turbo charger in my 2005 GMC Canyon crewcab 2whldrive for the last 5 months. It has a 2011 L94 out of a 2500 suburban, (58xmotor) I have upgraded the following after the sloppy mechanic colorado build. It runs an e67 ECM with a tcm out of a 09 colorado modified engine harness, I have installed an intercooler, meth injection, 80lb injectors, 450lph in tank pump, external boost fuel regulator, a BTR Stage II VVT turbo camshaft, dual valve springs and hardened push rods., rebuild 2003 4l80e from a savanna van, built 3000rpm.billet stall.convertor, a ford 8.8 rear end from a 2004 Ford explorer with 3.73 and posi., a home made turbo manifold, 2 inch cross over, 3inch down pipe the waste gate has the lightest spring in it, the wastegate dumps back into the down pipe before the muffler. It has a 3 inch exhaust right out behind the back tire and a 3inch welded dynomax muffler.
The truck ran fine naturally aspirated. Solid shifting, the convertor was fun. Now that I have the turbo installed. The truck starts, idles and drives.
at idle the afr gauge bounces between extreme lean and extreme rich, the idle fluctuates a few hundred rpm,.when creeping in traffic the afr gauge can pin at lean or again at extreme high...but the idle smooths out a bit. Occasionallly stalling in traffic, The truck doesnt like to run in drive it's a soft shift,.not sure what gear to go into or stay in. Its happier in 3rd and even more so in 2nd. The truck occasionally stalls when shifting out of drive into park/neutral.
The truck has a miss at 2000rpm(hptuners at that second indicated "cylinder air mass (in grams) drops to zero")
the truck doesnt want to run above 3500 rpm, lots of shimmying and shaking.
I'm.hoping to find a tune file from a very similar build so that my tuner can compare and see what is missing from my current tune. Any and all help is greatly appreciated it
thank you
Ryan young
vic bc canada

Old 11-09-2018, 06:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Did you verify your O2 sensors are not plugged in on the wrong sides? That would be my first thought. If you had a base tune, and it worked before, unless something else changed, it should be fine at idle. Any vacuum leaks?
Old 11-09-2018, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Could it be the location of mass air flow meter ? Try running a speed density tune and see if it changes .
Old 11-09-2018, 09:31 PM
Teching In

I'm not the tuner so can not say all what he had to do....but after many hours of searching, road tuning and such the truck is running 99 percent better. He did work a MAF and speed density tune, played with injector data and I'm pretty happy. All of this success just in time for the wind rain and winter to fall upon my area. Over the winter I am considering having the injectors flowed professionally, leak test and compression tests as well as diy caltracs, firewall reworking to get a little more room for my down pipe as well as welding up a new v band clamp on the down pipe where it ties into the 3 inch exhaust.
thanks for all your input and suggestions.

Ryan
Old 11-10-2018, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

Do you know of any local places that clean and flow injectors for a decent price? I have some fast 65lb injectors that have been sitting around for a while that I want to get cleaned , I live in North Van . I'm swapping a 4.8/4l80e , S475 into a 2002 Regular cab Dodge Dakota this winter , would be cool to check out your truck .
Old 11-10-2018, 10:39 AM
Teching In

Check out NW fuel injection services. They apparently flow test all types of fuel injection systems including gasoline.

anytime your on the island I'd gladly show you my truck. I'd love to hear your opinion and get any feedback.
thanks
Ryan

Old 11-13-2018, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ryy1009 000
Check out NW fuel injection services. They apparently flow test all types of fuel injection systems including gasoline.

anytime your on the island I'd gladly show you my truck. I'd love to hear your opinion and get any feedback.
thanks
Ryan

Nice rig , bet it surprises a lot of fast cars . Yeah I heard about NW , they are expensive though . Eight injectors cleaned and flowed by them cost pretty close to new deka 80 lb injectors .
Old 12-02-2018, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Can always ship them to the U.S to Mr. Eric Derr. Nicest guy in the world.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rpturbo
Can always ship them to the U.S to Mr. Eric Derr. Nicest guy in the world.
Yup , that's what I'm planning to do .