Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

XS power Top Mount T4 Manifold setup/review

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 08:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default XS power Top Mount T4 Manifold setup/review

Ive searched and searched and couldn't find anything from anyone on this forum or any other, Has anyone used these before? I just recently got a set in the mail and will be test fitting them on my 75 Dodge Dart Swinger, and since i haven't seen anyone share anything i figured i would do a write/review of them. Here are a few initial pictures and first impressions from them.
They came very well packaged, welds look clean and sharp, overall initial quality looks to be pretty good in my opinion.

They even took the time to smooth out the welds on the runners at the flanges so they aren't like some of the cheaper up and forward facing manifolds found on ebay.

Driver side manifold

passenger side manifold, t4 top mount flange and 44mm waste gate flange welded.

as soon as i get these mounted ill get pictures posted up.
here is a link in case anyone was wanting to look into the set.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-LS1-LS2-...5.c10#viTabs_0

Last edited by YoungDart75; 11-20-2018 at 08:08 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

Here are the follow up pictures of how the passenger side mounted up on my dart. It mounts the turbo a little too high for my hood, but from my observation these would be perfect for truck setups and possibly some others. I was unable to get the driver side to clear due to steering shaft interference. But again, would work great on other Chevy products that don't have Mopar with and LS1 clearance issues like me.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 530 Likes on 334 Posts

You have a link to them?
Old 12-04-2018, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

Default Xs manifolds

It's at the bottom of the first post.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:01 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

They don’t look bad, I just wonder what the life expectancy is on it? Don’t most china manifolds crack?
Old 12-05-2018, 05:48 AM
On The Tree

I've run their manifolds in the past on my Eclipse Gsx/talon tsi's ranging from stock turbos to precision 6262's all upwards of 32psi and I've never had an issue with their products. That's why I was trying to run them again.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:23 PM
Launching!

Well pull your hood off and finish it off. You have a pic of how where the T4 flange sits compared to the motor?
Old 12-05-2018, 05:52 PM
9 Second Club

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Man that's cheap... all it needs is some black wrap to make it pretty enough for my C10 swap.

How tight is the cross over routing to the block/tranny? What tranny were you planning to run?

Looks crazy high in your pic but how much over the top of a truck mani do you think it would sit

Did you relo the coils and do the spark wire clear?
Old 12-05-2018, 07:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by epfatboy
Man that's cheap... all it needs is some black wrap to make it pretty enough for my C10 swap.

How tight is the cross over routing to the block/tranny? What tranny were you planning to run?

Looks crazy high in your pic but how much over the top of a truck mani do you think it would sit

Did you relo the coils and do the spark wire clear?
I was trying to test fit these on mine but I couldnt get them to clear my steering shaft. I wish I would have thought about the plug wire thing before I pulled them back off.

I had the truck mani on my motor before and it just cleared the hood. So it would probably be between an inch or 2 higher. But that's a rough estimate.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 4EyedTurd1
Well pull your hood off and finish it off. You have a pic of how where the T4 flange sits compared to the motor?
I didnt pull the hood off. But you can kind of see here the height relative to a fast intake. Worst case, it has room on the manifold to cut off a few inches below the flange and then reweld the t4 flange to allow for more clearance.

also here is the direction of the downward facing portion of the passenger side manifold. Like I said, la swap in mopars doesnt leave much options. But this could easily have been straitened out to work on the passenger side, if only the driver side would have cleared.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Here is two updated pictures of one on a truck motor with the truck Intake. I know someone asked about the height in relation to the truck intake. This should give you and idea. More pics to follow of the other side and then actually in the truck.

Old 12-12-2018, 03:15 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the height pictures, it rules them out for me. I think I’m going to try a TrickPerformance DIY log