Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Should it be clattering at this low boost?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 01:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

It was a general comment since half this forum on the NA side swear that lower 60' lowers trap speed. Just like half the forum thinks that back pressure gives more torque. It's different when you take a stock or regular NA build vs. something boosted or on spray destroying the tires from a dig.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 546 Likes on 426 Posts

You guys are right. I only car about the 1/4mile time and more importantly the trap speed. But a hp guess would give me a mph guess or put me in the ball park....which gets me excited until I can get to the track. When I went last time NA I was expecting a 115mph trap speed. I got 113, was having an issue of the computer pulling timing in my logs. The da and temp were not too good either. The iat sensor was dangling by the radiator fan catching 190f air causing my timing retard lol. But my hopes are to trap 125-127 on 10psi. I was just wondering if I had too high of hopes or if I’m being somewhat realistic. The good thing is, if it doesn’t, I still have lots more to do to it to get it faster. I’ve only just begun with it. We all know how things end up. More more more. Lol.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Kfxguy
You guys are right. I only car about the 1/4mile time and more importantly the trap speed. But a hp guess would give me a mph guess or put me in the ball park....which gets me excited until I can get to the track. When I went last time NA I was expecting a 115mph trap speed. I got 113, was having an issue of the computer pulling timing in my logs. The da and temp were not too good either. The iat sensor was dangling by the radiator fan catching 190f air causing my timing retard lol. But my hopes are to trap 125-127 on 10psi. I was just wondering if I had too high of hopes or if I’m being somewhat realistic. The good thing is, if it doesn’t, I still have lots more to do to it to get it faster. I’ve only just begun with it. We all know how things end up. More more more. Lol.
Street tires (315 320 compound), on the spring (8psi), roll on.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 546 Likes on 426 Posts

Originally Posted by Game ova
Street tires (315 320 compound), on the spring (8psi), roll on.
https://youtu.be/ksIIaQh-u9k
Well i may not be too far off from that. I do have a little more weight to carry?
Old 11-30-2018, 02:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
Difference is all I hear are excuses. You started with my car is slow because its manual. Now its auto and its slow because its got a stock diff. Just a never ending excuse as to why it doesn't run as well as you claim it does. Well guess what I think my car is slow too but I don't make excuses... my car went 9's on a POS stock IRS diff and axles with a stock 5.3 how bout dat lol

You asked for 6.0 numbers and I gave you some. If you wanted 5.3 numbers I would show you a lot faster numbers lol
Yea whatever, 5.3 putting down 510 NA.. ok. And no, no excuses, just facts. And like I said, post up some footage of your car running like you say it does. I can't say that it does or doesn't run good, but I CAN say that I've yet to see you post up video footage of this wicked fast machine of yours. Only mysterious hearsay is what I'm hearing, cut the crap and post up.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:30 PM
8 Second Club

Received 944 Likes on 700 Posts

It definitely does, which is why boosted cars tend to trap higher when leaving in positive pressure vs vacuum. Which is why my car looks slow at the track, -5 inches vac, vs 5psi boost makes a difference.
Its not why they look slow, they just are slow lol Sure leaving in boost will be faster, so leave in boost and stop making more excuses!

It really depends on the setup, I raised compression, raised RPM and lowered boost and went 150+ MPH. So everyone talking about PSI is much like spider bringing up comparing dynos or track times, variables to everything. I don't think 125-127 is out of question. When I had the 7875 and still on low boost it was in the 130's on a 5.3 but that was with a manual, leaving in vacuum, on a small tire and all the other excuses Gameova comes up with lol

Old 11-30-2018, 02:32 PM
8 Second Club

Yea whatever, 5.3 putting down 510 NA.. ok. And no, no excuses, just facts. And like I said, post up some footage of your car running like you say it does. I can't say that it does or doesn't run good, but I CAN say that I've yet to see you post up video footage of this wicked fast machine of yours. Only mysterious hearsay is what I'm hearing, cut the crap and post up.
My car isn't fast, I never claimed it to be... I just gave you the numbers you asked for. I obviously posted proof of my car on the forum since I have the 8 sec badge next to my name... not that hard to find bro.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Its not why they look slow, they just are slow lol Sure leaving in boost will be faster, so leave in boost and stop making more excuses!

It really depends on the setup, I raised compression, raised RPM and lowered boost and went 150+ MPH. So everyone talking about PSI is much like spider bringing up comparing dynos or track times, variables to everything. I don't think 125-127 is out of question. When I had the 7875 and still on low boost it was in the 130's on a 5.3 but that was with a manual, leaving in vacuum, on a small tire and all the other excuses Gameova comes up with lol
Lol, most fun I've had on here in a while. You're still skirting/ignoring the posting up vids tho. Why are you continuing to do this??
Old 11-30-2018, 02:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 355 Likes on 260 Posts

For you in a full weight GTO at 600ish rwhp I'd say about 132ish mph in the 1/4 assuming no major wheel spin or bogging. This was with my old GTO in 2007/08 time frame. It was a daily driver even a large amount of the winter, but not when roads were iced or snow covered.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 355 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by ddnspider
It was a general comment since half this forum on the NA side swear that lower 60' lowers trap speed. Just like half the forum thinks that back pressure gives more torque. It's different when you take a stock or regular NA build vs. something boosted or on spray destroying the tires from a dig.
I understand why they say that though because in a lot of NA setups it holds true. If they are NA and very aggressive on the cam then a little spin gets them up in the RPM's faster so they are in their power. 60' and ET may be worse, but trap speed was higher. I saw this a lot with my old 408. I'm totally with you though too many variables and different setups out there so it doesn't hold true for everyone like they may think it does. This is my first car doing my own tuning, but I've had and been around a lot of setups.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:54 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BCNUL8R
I understand why they say that though because in a lot of NA setups it holds true. If they are NA and very aggressive on the cam then a little spin gets them up in the RPM's faster so they are in their power. 60' and ET may be worse, but trap speed was higher. I saw this a lot with my old 408. I'm totally with you though too many variables and different setups out there so it doesn't hold true for everyone like they may think it does. This is my first car doing my own tuning, but I've had and been around a lot of setups.
I agree on the NA stuff. When I went boosted I went from 118 with a 2.0 sixty, to 125 with a 1.8 sixty, to 132 with a 1.5 sixty LOL.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:01 PM
8 Second Club

Lol, most fun I've had on here in a while. You're still skirting/ignoring the posting up vids tho. Why are you continuing to do this??
I never said my car was fast, ran well, or any of that I simply stated what it did without excuses. I'm not skirting anything, it must be your search button is broken! The only one that cant find the car is you, your like the guys that cant use Google.

Since I have to hold your hand. You can start here from 3 years ago with a stock 5.3, chinese turbo on 13 degrees and read on, hasn't gotten any slower: https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...3-content.html

Then you can look at another foot brake pass since you cant use youtube:

Then you can look at last years time since you haven't caught up to any of them:

The car was all over the internet this year with the new build so it wasn't exactly hiding.

Old 11-30-2018, 03:12 PM
"I MAID THEESE"

Received 675 Likes on 425 Posts

what fuel? What timing? What cam?
e85
TSP truck cam, Not a boost cam lol
Not sure on timing
User SUBEONE on here tuned it. hed be more help
Old 11-30-2018, 05:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

yall on your periods or something? the ******* estrogen is thru the roof in here!
Old 11-30-2018, 06:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by truckdoug
yall on your periods or something? the ******* estrogen is thru the roof in here!
Don't you have snow to plow with that front bumper??
Old 11-30-2018, 08:16 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm menopausal....SHUT UP!! I love you.....I wish you would DIE!!
Old 11-30-2018, 08:20 PM
TECH Junkie

I never said my car was fast, ran well, or any of that I simply stated what it did without excuses. I'm not skirting anything, it must be your search button is broken! The only one that cant find the car is you, your like the guys that cant use Google.

Since I have to hold your hand. You can start here from 3 years ago with a stock 5.3, chinese turbo on 13 degrees and read on, hasn't gotten any slower: https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...3-content.html

Then you can look at another foot brake pass since you cant use youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDcoHQOfPUE

Then you can look at last years time since you haven't caught up to any of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yKCHR3egmQ

The car was all over the internet this year with the new build so it wasn't exactly hiding.

Lol, dude.... do you really think I go looking for you on YouTube?? But I will give you props, your racecar runs good.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:29 PM
8 Second Club

Have to stay awake at work somehow!

Lol, dude.... do you really think I go looking for you on YouTube?? But I will give you props, your racecar runs good.
Sure, your car is slow enough you can search youtube while driving! Mehh doesnt run any better then my turbo C6 daily.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Have to stay awake at work somehow!

Sure, your car is slow enough you can search youtube while driving! Mehh doesnt run any better then my turbo C6 daily.
Man, I keep jacking around with you, I might get halfway interested in making the car fast. Lemme guess, ther c6 runs 9 teens letting off at the 60ft?
Old 11-30-2018, 08:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Slow sedan, bring the C6 to beech bend in the spring, bring a bag with you as well.