Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

I said I wouldn't, so....

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 885 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by C5_Pete
Well,
I’m pretty tempted to pick up your intake manifold setup….. Self control…. I’m not to good with it…
You should! haha
The following users liked this post:
C5_Pete (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NicD
The newer brackets that are available for a supercharged setup are definitely better than what they were 10 years ago for this platform. I had an F1X on my car for a couple of years and when I started to get more aggressive with the pulley combo it really didn't like 8000+ RPM and I just could not keep a belt on it. The 2650s are great blowers but suffer from the same belt issues once you really start to push them. I eventually went twins and never looked back although I will be redoing my turbo kit at some point with better manifolds with better gate priority and moving the turbos up front so it's easier to work on.
That's my issue. I still want to rev to a minimum of 8000rpm and don't really want to deal with belt issues. I have friends that swear this and that about their centri cars but are still always throwing belts and they are only revving to 7000.
Old Today, 04:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by C5_Pete
If you decide to go single turbo, I may have a brand new in the box GT55-94/104 I’ll give you for a good discount…
hmmmmmmmmmm
Old Today, 06:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 207 Likes on 114 Posts

What did you say to me? “You should!” lol

Quick Reply: I said I wouldn't, so....