Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

FMIC going in.... *PIC'S*..

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 09:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default FMIC going in.... *PIC'S*..

I would of posted these last night but my laptops keyboard is messing up.... thank god i got the extended warranty...

First off i have to thank my Friend Junior (Deckhand on here) and his Dad Joe..... Started fabbing up the mounts for the IC using some of FRCEFED's pics....

Had to move the IC while welding on this side....

Here it is mocked up..... Ill probably ruff sand it and prime the whole thing and paint it black......

Test fitted some of the HTS high temp silicone couplers and there is no way a 3.5" is going to fit over the TB inlet.... so i had to reorder a 4" to 3" coupler and a few more T-bolt clamps..... the other side of the my MAF is the same way.... 85MM MAF..... 3.5" on one side and 4" on the other so now ill start..... with the help of my friends.. cutting up the 3" SS piping and finish it up. My TIAL 50MM BOV should be here on Tue or Wed. and so should my other couplers...... getting closer.... Thanks all for there input and help...
Thanks BIG Joe and Junior.
Kyle
Old 09-04-2004, 09:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks awesome, are you painting the intercooler itself black?
Old 09-04-2004, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks awesome! I wouldn't paint it, though. I've read many articles that state painting a heat exchanger will cut down on the efficiancy of the unit. What is your combo, BTW?
Old 09-04-2004, 10:51 AM
Launching!

Do you know what the weight difference is between the new intercooler and bracket you fabbed up versus the two ATI intercoolers?
Old 09-04-2004, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hes not going to paint the intercooler itself, just the bracket that holds it.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BIGBOS
Looks awesome, are you painting the intercooler itself black?

HMMMMM now you got me thinking........ Ill be paitning the bracket only....... but i might put a design or somethin on there like ive seen on some Griffin and Spearco IC's.
Kyle
Old 09-04-2004, 11:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Zo6Killer
Looks awesome! I wouldn't paint it, though. I've read many articles that state painting a heat exchanger will cut down on the efficiancy of the unit. What is your combo, BTW?

My combo is a AP Engineering Iron block 370, 9:1 comp, PP 6.0L heads, 230/236 .598/.608 114+4, ATI D1-SC, SDCE Spring Tensioned 8 rib setup with a 7.25" crank Pulley and a 3.7" blower pulley for now to see how much boost just the IC swap affected. I have a 3.4" blower pulley on stand by. I was seeing 6-7 psi in 90+ degree heat down here in South Texas, and hoping to see 14-15psi with my new IC and 3.4" pulley.
Kyle
Old 09-04-2004, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

WOAH! That thing is looks NA$TY!
Old 09-04-2004, 11:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks real nice. You guys have got me thinking real hard. I think over the winter I'm going to be doing a FMIC for the T-trim. I'm tired of 165 degree IAT's using iced water and the restriction of a 1000 cfm cooler on a 1250 cfm blower. The goal is 10's in pure street form.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Great Pics
Old 09-04-2004, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Only my little bro would be welding in shorts! LOL

Lookin good bro... can't wait to come down and see it soon.
Old 09-04-2004, 01:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Toonz
You like that...... ha ha
Old 09-04-2004, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Toonz
Yea, for some reason he wasn't wearing a wife-beater.. musta been in the washer
Old 09-04-2004, 01:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Deckhand
Yea, for some reason he wasn't wearing a wife-beater.. musta been in the washer

Man you guys are bad.........
Old 09-04-2004, 04:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks great Kyle. I told you I got a 3.5-4.0 transition for my TB, as the TB itself is almost 4 inches in diameter. Its coming together very nice. Can't wait to see pic of how you are going to do the pipes.....I never got around to doing it on the computer as this new job has me very busy.

Thanks for the props on the pictures, with all that I've sent out since my install you are the first to give me thanks in a post, I appreciate it.
Keep up the great work, and I bet you are very sunburned on your arms and legs, I know I was lol.....damn welders.
J
Old 09-04-2004, 05:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Looks great Kyle. I told you I got a 3.5-4.0 transition for my TB, as the TB itself is almost 4 inches in diameter. Its coming together very nice. Can't wait to see pic of how you are going to do the pipes.....I never got around to doing it on the computer as this new job has me very busy.

Thanks for the props on the pictures, with all that I've sent out since my install you are the first to give me thanks in a post, I appreciate it.
Keep up the great work, and I bet you are very sunburned on your arms and legs, I know I was lol.....damn welders.
J

Hey no problem man...... Im not really burnt.... remember i stand out side in the hot *** Texas sun all day so im pretty tanned on the arms....... Jim at HTS is a awsome guy also i told him i heard about him from you. He was so cool when i called him back to tell him i was returning the 3.5" to 3.5" coupler he gave me a credit for it on this new order from him before he even recieved it. Ordered 2- 4"to 3.5" for the TB and other side of my 85MM MAFn and 2-4" t_bolt clamps and 6 more 3" T-Bolt clamps for extra's. Its been raining here and i work tomorrow, and driving to San Antonio for tomorrow evening and all day monday so i wont work on it again until Tues...... then my couplers and my TIAL 50MM BOV should be here before friday, so im going to work on it all weekend... Fri, sat, and sun off so it WILL be done this next weekend........ Thanks again.
Kyle
Old 09-04-2004, 06:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep I second that, Jim is first rate to deal with HTS I'll be ordering some t bolt clamps from him at the end of the month. I thought my injectors would be here already but nope, they are stuck in Denver for some odd reason? I guess I got all "sunburnt" because I did the rollbar and the FMIC in the same week, I'm in NM so I share the same hot *** sun as you lol, plus we are higher up....closer to the sun so us hispanics are even more brown here j/k lol

I can't wait till you get it on the road, I am sure you will see similar results that I got, the miles of 2.5 pipe are gone and so are the lil twins, they were good for stock but not for what we want to do
J
Old 09-04-2004, 06:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Welder tans rock I always weld in shorts and a T-shirt... lots of little burn holes in my "shop" shirts
Old 09-04-2004, 06:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Yep I second that, Jim is first rate to deal with HTS I'll be ordering some t bolt clamps from him at the end of the month. I thought my injectors would be here already but nope, they are stuck in Denver for some odd reason? I guess I got all "sunburnt" because I did the rollbar and the FMIC in the same week, I'm in NM so I share the same hot *** sun as you lol, plus we are higher up....closer to the sun so us hispanics are even more brown here j/k lol

I can't wait till you get it on the road, I am sure you will see similar results that I got, the miles of 2.5 pipe are gone and so are the lil twins, they were good for stock but not for what we want to do
J

Hey Jer call Jim at HTSand order your T-shirt...... i ordered mine yesterday.....
Im sure ill be happy with the FMIC....... If i see 8-9 psi with the FMI and the 3.7" pulley ill know my power increased.... then the 3.4" pulley goes on and its back to the dyno for a retune and then to the track........ 10 bolt tens here we come.......
Kyle
Old 09-04-2004, 06:22 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,140 Likes on 740 Posts

Very nice, did you keep the front bumper support for safety? I had tabs welded to my Griffin FMIC so I could mount the FMIC directly to the bumper brackets.

Quick Reply: FMIC going in.... *PIC'S*..