Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

More Lame results from STS turbo kit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 11:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Unusual T/A
That troll ran a 11.2@118 stock internals. You run what?LMFAO
you sure do defend this guy like he's your boyfriend or something...

I don't have to prove my car is fast, its fast enough for me and i'm satisfied with that. 11.2 at 118 huh so what.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by White_Hawk
I agree with you about the bang for your buck concept of the STS. However, this guy also has an Agostino 408. That alone should get him into the low 11's. A local guy here in Detroit ran 11.5x on a 382 with stage one heads and an mti cam on DR's with stock 'verter.

For god's sake, that ARE shortblock cost $7900(according to their website)! That means that he has a $12,000 combo right there. So Although I don't agree with his presentation, V6Bird has a point, albeit poorly delivered. He could have brought his car to MTI, and picked it up with a 500 rwhp 427 package for that.

-Geoff
You are correct...Sometimes i do come off in the wrong way...but yay for understanding where im going this.

As far as the tequila goes for a margarita...Depends on how deep your pockets are.

mike
Old 10-22-2004, 12:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
Well after KLRWS6's tune,all he would have to do is run him more than 5 times in a row, by that time V6Bird's bottle would run out To me there is no reason for anyone to crack on anybody's car unless they are just lying about there set-up, and not make a STS bashing post like Mike tried(V6bird) to do. STS system sounds great IMO
His motor will grenade before mine because of heat soak!...Ive got 2 bottles! Be a long time before it runs out of juice. Either way its 5 more kills on my belt and and FAT 0 for him

Mike
Old 10-22-2004, 12:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JZ 97 SS 1500
Guys don' concentrate on ET's. ET's are more influenced by traction and gearing. The HP that the kit is making will be in the mph. With that being said...it looks like the car is making around 420-440rwhp, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Jose
Ah Chu! Bless you...408's should make that NA. 420-440rwhp is what stock bottom end heads/cam combos make!

Thank you for your interest in this thread.

Mike
Old 10-22-2004, 12:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by af_187
because he runs fast on the track doesn't mean he isn't a jackass.

Everyone please just ignore him. He has no friends leave the poor soul alone
PLease do. im a loser!
Old 10-22-2004, 12:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by KLRWS6
White hawk your correct if i would have purchased the motor brand new but i got it for $4000.Its still alot of money but i had to jump on that deal. Hopefully next week Sean will get me in next week with a tune and some dyno numbers. We can talk smack all day long, but the only thing that will prove anything is numbers and times.
My car only makes 510rwhp...You should be able to beat my numbers and times right?

Mike
Old 10-22-2004, 12:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Ah Chu! Bless you...408's should make that NA. 420-440rwhp is what stock bottom end heads/cam combos make!

Mike
not with stock heads there genius **** your thick, 350-380 at best, esp untuned as well
Old 10-22-2004, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

So, basically the car was not setup for the track, running a stock converter, and launching off idle? Well, maybe his e.t. wasn't impressive but what did you expect? Given the proper setup I'm sure the times would be great. I'm not a fan of the STS kit either but I don't bash it like a troll just because I don't like it. If it takes longer to spool up so what. Don't buy it if you don't like it. Some people want to make good power for a good price. Just a question: Why start **** over the internet?
Old 10-22-2004, 12:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Mike
You seem to misunderstand something here. Adding cubes alone doesnt net that much in hp, but it will pick up a decent amount of torque. You seem to be ignoring the fact that his 408 has stock untouched, unported heads. Thats a big bottleneck. So saying he heas a 408 with stock heads is like him having a stock 346 with stock heads, except he should see 30rwtq or so more.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 5-liter-eater
not with stock heads there genius **** your thick, 350-380 at best, esp untuned as well
No not really! Cam only cars are making 430rwhp on STOCK heads. SPlain that good buddy!

Originally Posted by RealQuick
You seem to misunderstand something here. Adding cubes alone doesnt net that much in hp, but it will pick up a decent amount of torque. You seem to be ignoring the fact that his 408 has stock untouched, unported heads. Thats a big bottleneck. So saying he heas a 408 with stock heads is like him having a stock 346 with stock heads, except he should see 30rwtq or so more.
You just said that adding cubes doenst net more power, but then you stated he should be making about 30rwhp then a stock headed cam only 346 setup. Im confused. Maybe I did misunderstand something. But torque is what moves a car, and exhaust velocity aids in spooling a turbo. You kill exhaust velocity in a few ways...length of plumbing to the turbo and size of tubing, etc. Maybe someone could explain to me, since im a troll, if I am correct in my theory.

Originally Posted by WS-Sick
So, basically the car was not setup for the track, running a stock converter, and launching off idle? Well, maybe his e.t. wasn't impressive but what did you expect? Given the proper setup I'm sure the times would be great. I'm not a fan of the STS kit either but I don't bash it like a troll just because I don't like it. If it takes longer to spool up so what. Don't buy it if you don't like it. Some people want to make good power for a good price. Just a question: Why start **** over the internet?
People wanted to know track results on these kits.....I posted some since I do work at the local dragstrip that they brought this car to. How is that starting **** over the internet...I agree I bash alittle too hard sometimes. But you are getting the info you (everyone in the FI section) wanted, right?

Mike

Last edited by V6 Bird; 10-22-2004 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

You just said that adding cubes doenst net more power, but then you stated he should be making about 30rwhp then a stock headed cam only 346 setup. Im confused. Maybe I did misunderstand something.

Mike
What I said was he should make 30rwtq more with a stock headed 408 versus a stock headed 346. I didnt mentioned any cams at all.

rwtq = rear wheel torque
Old 10-22-2004, 01:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

guys its his first trip to the track untuned and he went almost 100mph in the 1/8th.

Converter, slicks, more boost and tuning and I bet he'll go close to 105+ mph in the 1/8th and 130+ in the 1/4. If the tranny can hold that is

Old 10-22-2004, 01:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

No not really! Cam only cars are making 430rwhp on STOCK heads. SPlain that good buddy!

You just said that adding cubes doenst net more power, but then you stated he should be making about 30rwhp then a stock headed cam only 346 setup. Im confused. Maybe I did misunderstand something. But torque is what moves a car, and exhaust velocity aids in spooling a turbo. You kill exhaust velocity in a few ways...lenght of plumbing to the turbo and size of tubing, etc. Maybe someone could explain to me, since im a troll, if I am correct in my theory.

Mike
I have worked on and dynoed 100's of cars, the mighty gx53 and trex as well, the best they ever have done on a REAL dyno with no tricks is about 404 380 tq and there power curves absolutely suck. And thats m6 cars as well. Another dyno warrior believeing all the sponsor bullshit claims. Wheres your dyno, I wanna put down 750 next week.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KLRWS6
White hawk your correct if i would have purchased the motor brand new but i got it for $4000.Its still alot of money but i had to jump on that deal. Hopefully next week Sean will get me in next week with a tune and some dyno numbers. We can talk smack all day long, but the only thing that will prove anything is numbers and times.
OK, I guess you only spent $9000 on that setup then. Either way, that much money should get you better times. I'm not slamming you, just saying that you should be faster for that money.

This is a broken record on STS kits. Great dyno numbers, slow track times. I'll accept that I was wrong initially and the STS is a decent kit for a mostly stock car, but I think a lot of people have to come to terms that it is rather ineffective at going really fast at the track.

-Geoff
Old 10-22-2004, 01:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

What does he need tires for???? You really think he was spinning on those 60 foots??? You gotta build boost down low to even spin the tires...That he was not doing!!!!

Mike
This is possibly the stupidest comment I have EVER read on this board. You can spin the tires without ANY boost, or any mods at all, for that matter.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

Hmm hundreds of TREX an G5x3 cars... I have seen 1 of each on three dyno's both pulled over 420, one on stock heads. No tricks. Isn't this thread about turbo's anyway and not bashing sponsors...

PS the auto car pulled 431 and 445 on two separate dynos. If opening a cutout is a dyno trick then I guess that musta been it...
Old 10-22-2004, 01:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by lilone
Hmm hundreds of TREX an G5x3 cars... I have seen 1 of each on three dyno's both pulled over 420, one on stock heads. No tricks. Isn't this thread about turbo's anyway and not bashing sponsors...

PS the auto car pulled 431 and 445 on two separate dynos. If opening a cutout is a dyno trick then I guess that musta been it...
10 posts, enough said. Go back under the bridge troll, I said INCLUDING trex g5x3 moron.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by lilone

Yep some higher then that on full exaust (true duals)
Old 10-22-2004, 01:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 5-liter-eater
I have worked on and dynoed 100's of cars, the mighty gx53 and trex as well, the best they ever have done on a REAL dyno with no tricks is about 404 380 tq and there power curves absolutely suck. And thats m6 cars as well. Another dyno warrior believeing all the sponsor bullshit claims. Wheres your dyno, I wanna put down 750 next week.
Lets see js12's car made 429rwhp and ran 11.2's at Thunder at 3400 lbs....Unusual TA's car made 42Xrhwp and ran 7.3's in 1/8 @ 96-97 mph. Im not a sponser beleiving dumbass like yourself. Sorry these are cars that Ive actually laid hands on myself or worked with one way or another fabricatin stuff for them.

Mike
Old 10-22-2004, 01:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Chupa
This is possibly the stupidest comment I have EVER read on this board. You can spin the tires without ANY boost, or any mods at all, for that matter.
The track was sticky.....You are the idot here!.....He was slowly moving forward, but he damn sure wasnt spinning the tires yet....had 0 boost until after the 200 ft mark.

Pay attention,

Regards.

Mike

Quick Reply: More Lame results from STS turbo kit!!!