Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Pics - Duke's Blue Vodoo

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 03:09 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by y2khawk
Lynch dipped into the 6's w/ the twin setup. I think there might be one other in the 6's now as well.

pretty quick on a "small" tire

yea, i kinda thought they were by now. the thing is i saw a post some time ago by Bickel about his car running 6's too, but the way the class rules are for him or something it runs low 7's. i hope this wasn't supposed to be your secret weapon Bickel cause it's out now!

Dave
Old 03-20-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by y2khawk
Lynch dipped into the 6's w/ the twin setup. I think there might be one other in the 6's now as well.

pretty quick on a "small" tire
The other is a Houston based guy named Todd Moyer. He's got a 3rd-Generation Camaro with a 400 CID, 106, 5spd Liberty setup at 3,000 lbs.

Both of those cars have dipped into the 6's, but run 7.30's/7.20's consistantly. The last time I talked with Steve Petty I teased him about having to step it up some more even though they are consistantly the fastest Outlaw 10.5 group right now.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:03 PM

[QUOTE=bickelfirebird]Sure, we'll race anybody, anytime. Who is the "we" you refer to?[img]

we got a firebird we can do something with! we can meet somewhere?
what do you say?

Old 03-21-2005, 10:31 AM
I ruin the end of films...

Originally Posted by Chris@AP-Engineering
Gary,
Question for you.............................the quest for the sevens was over on 1-20-05 per your post and pic's on this board, https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...1&page=1&pp=20

The question is ...........the timeslips you posted are dated 1-21-05 & 1-22-05, how did you know that you ran 7's a day early????
Easy. They have this guy in their pit crew...
Old 03-21-2005, 12:06 PM
8 Second Club

Todd Moyer 6.94 on 10.5's
Old 03-21-2005, 01:53 PM
Under criminal investigation for fraud

Originally Posted by mongse
Easy. They have this guy in their pit crew...

Well with the answer Gary gave, that would make sense having Doc Brown with them!!
Old 03-21-2005, 02:03 PM
Staging Lane

Doc Brown would be a nice add to the team. Should fit right in.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:39 PM

Any video yet??
Old 03-21-2005, 06:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Chris@AP-Engineering
Any video yet??

Come on chris.... you know better than to ask for video! You should just leave gary alone, we wouldn't want him going off on one of his rants about trees, and men on the moon, or the meaning of life!

All in all.... I was one of the biggest ones that doesn't believe this happened, but the more I think about it, the more I don't care. All those little times won't matter in a few months when all the BIG cars get done that are being built. And if they didn't run the number and they are lying about it, what a horrible business idea, but im sure that is not the case.

Stenod
Old 03-21-2005, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by STENOD
Come on chris.... you know better than to ask for video! You should just leave gary alone, we wouldn't want him going off on one of his rants about trees, and men on the moon, or the meaning of life!

All in all.... I was one of the biggest ones that doesn't believe this happened, but the more I think about it, the more I don't care. All those little times won't matter in a few months when all the BIG cars get done that are being built. And if they didn't run the number and they are lying about it, what a horrible business idea, but im sure that is not the case.

Stenod

Very easy going, Joe!!
Old 03-21-2005, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KingCrapBox
We're going to race The Clash Of The Titans series down here in Texas and Oklahoma. We're also going to race in some OSCA races and towards the end of the year we'll be in Orlando for the World Street Finals with twin 88mm turbo's.
Hope to see you guys in Noble Ok in April... What class are you running? Super Street? BTW.. Did you guys just have a match race last night that you won? Bring all of the Texas guys up to that race. I want to see some fast outlaw 10.5 cars.

Phil
Old 03-21-2005, 08:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by PHIL H
Hope to see you guys in Noble Ok in April... What class are you running? Super Street? BTW.. Did you guys just have a match race last night that you won? Bring all of the Texas guys up to that race. I want to see some fast outlaw 10.5 cars.

Phil
Phil,

our original plans were to run the Super Street 10.5 class the first year, and then graduate to the Outlaw class, but the switch to Outlaw was going to be so small (All we needed were different wheels/tires and a 106mm turbo) that we decided to just do that.

The Mineral Grey GT you saw on HotRodGossip.com was 'Turbo' Rob Valden's car. I believe his plans are to run the Super Street class in the PRO/Edelbrock series, as well as the Super Street 10.5 class in The Clash Of The Titans. We're very much looking forward to seeing him run this season. I think he'll do very well. He's got a great team of guys behind him.

We aren't going to make the first race in Oklahoma, but we will make the second. You should come and stop by our pits during the event. It's always fun to put a face to these internet screen names.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:56 AM
Teching In

How fast our you guys looking to get out of the Blue Convert.????

Last edited by DiamondMike; 03-22-2005 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:43 PM
9 Second Club

[QUOTE=ONYOURLS1]
Originally Posted by bickelfirebird
Sure, we'll race anybody, anytime. Who is the "we" you refer to?[img]

we got a firebird we can do something with! we can meet somewhere?
what do you say?

i think i saw that car come off the trailer one day at AES last fall. i was like...... i love a surprise. i've seen a couple of their cars at Byron and one guy was running one in a car that was in the Speed Inc. open house vid. very nice! i've got a competitors motor, but i'm not ashamed to say it's built by Fast Times Motorworks!!! i've wanted one of their motors for 10 years and finally got the money together to do a project running one of them. are you out of the Grove area by any chance? pm me if you feel like talking.

later,
Dave
Old 03-22-2005, 04:13 PM

yeah thats my buddy twinkys car, i actually live in hoffman estates! i run stock shortblocks but aes does everything else, ive known tony the owner for years before he even had his own shop , he acutally used to work for fasttimes! and one of my best friends from high school is the only other worker there......

but ofcourse i get all my parts from my lovely sponsor speed inc.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:31 PM
9 Second Club

yea i met Tony last fall. nice guy. hope to see you around.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:06 AM
Staging Lane

Diamond Mike, the blue car should run a littie faster than the the black one, once it's sorted. Maybe 7.70ish? The powertrains are the same. Chassis differs between the two.

Love those Diamond Pistons, got a nice custom set in my own car. Very high quality pieces. Used a lot of Diamond pistons when I was a Advanced Development Engineer for Buick back in the GN/GNX days, playing with turbo and supercharged V6 stuff.

Gary
Old 03-23-2005, 07:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Hardcore Gary
Diamond Mike, the blue car should run a littie faster than the the black one, once it's sorted. Maybe 7.70ish? The powertrains are the same. Chassis differs between the two.

Love those Diamond Pistons, got a nice custom set in my own car. Very high quality pieces. Used a lot of Diamond pistons when I was a Advanced Development Engineer for Buick back in the GN/GNX days, playing with turbo and supercharged V6 stuff.

Gary
Sounds like a beast, Gary you should get in Dukes ear and get him to start buying some of our pistons. IF you want I can send you guys an updated catalog so you know what we have on the shelf!! Let me know . . .
Old 03-23-2005, 08:23 AM
Staging Lane

A catlog would be great, please send it to:

Gary Penn
Hardcore Motorsports
G5200 Clio Rd.
Flint, MI 48504

Thanks
Gary
Old 03-23-2005, 08:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Hardcore Gary
A catlog would be great, please send it to:

Gary Penn
Hardcore Motorsports
G5200 Clio Rd.
Flint, MI 48504

Thanks
Gary
Catalog and some other goodies are coming your way Gary !!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Pics - Duke's Blue Vodoo