Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo ls1 vs turbo civic

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 07:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, let me s4e the race from a stop and no one has even brought up whether or not the SS is an A4 because we all know A4s are slow for freeway racing
Old 05-01-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Both cars were pretty sick.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Gotboost??
Actually its not even close to being one of the fastest street civics.

This site breaks it down, Turbo, all motor and street tires

Fastest FWD Street cars

The SS was badass though, One day I have to get a c5/z06 and boost it. I am even considering it over a supra.

and not a single one with a front liscense plate, and i think i counted 5 total that had an inspection sticker.

nice vid. though must not be that much power to be able to hook second gear
Old 05-01-2005, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Smokinstorm
That Camaro has over 500 horsepower to the tires and it gets pulled on like it's on the brakes. That's got to be one of the fastest street driven Civics on the planet. No BS. I've seen a couple around here that trapped over 100 in the 1/8th but figured once I got the turbo on my SS they wouldn't be a problem. Very informative vid. Thanks.
Honestly, it really isn't. Basically the fastest street honda in the planet would have to go to Courtney Green, maybe you heard of his car on some other boards. 802 WHP on gasoline which I believe is the most ever by a Honda, and his car is a bonafide daily driver. The civic in this video makes under 400 WHP, Courtney's made over 470 on pump gas. Best pass has been 9.93 @ 142 with reduced boost. Out of that list of the fastest FWD street cars several are actually driven regularly. Hunt's 9.5 CRX sees occasional street time, Ballards car is driven regularly. Cunha's car is as much of a street car as anyone's on here, he's gone low 10's on a DOT tire, his car has leather interior front and back, and a big stereo. Jasen's Sol sees some occasional street time as well. There are several cars listed on there as well, the number of well known street hondas that have made over 600 WHP is up to 25+, and likely more that don't post much on the internet or don't share their numbers. In the past few years the power these little cars are making is going up exponentially. 2 years ago it was quite a feat to make 350 WHP on pump gas in a honda, and even then there was no way anyone figured that could last in a street car. Today 400 WHP pump gas setups are practically commonplace. An Integra GSR or a GSR motor swap into another car plus about 5000 dollars in mods (pistons/rods, turbo kit, clutch, walbro 255 and injectors) and a good tune and you can have a reliable 400 WHP car, which is to the tune of about 125 MPH in a teg and 130 in a light weight hatch. The biggest factor holding most hondas back? The engine management. Most run Hondata/Uberdata, which is realsticly limited to a 3 bar map sensor or about 28 pounds of boost. With an AEM EMS, Autronic, etc, and the ability to crank it up to 35+ pounds of boost makes boatloads of horsepower.

Hondas this powerful arn't a dime a dozen, but they are a lot more common than you think.

Here's one small example. He's been tuning for about a year, and only services a small part of the country, 22 cars at 400+ WHP, 3 600+ WHP cars, 10 500+ WHP cars, and 3 cars that made over 500 WHP on pump gas!

Last edited by eviltwins; 05-01-2005 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by orange01z28
yeah, let me s4e the race from a stop and no one has even brought up whether or not the SS is an A4 because we all know A4s are slow for freeway racing
you can hear him downshift right before the races run. i know you can do that with an auto but i figure thats pretty uncommon. that cooks trannies real quick.

btw nice lookin car man!
Old 05-01-2005, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by eviltwins
Honestly, it really isn't. Basically the fastest street honda in the planet would have to go to Courtney Green, maybe you heard of his car on some other boards. 802 WHP on gasoline which I believe is the most ever by a Honda, and his car is a bonafide daily driver. The civic in this video makes under 400 WHP, Courtney's made over 470 on pump gas. Best pass has been 9.93 @ 142 with reduced boost. Out of that list of the fastest FWD street cars several are actually driven regularly. Hunt's 9.5 CRX sees occasional street time, Ballards car is driven regularly. Cunha's car is as much of a street car as anyone's on here, he's gone low 10's on a DOT tire, his car has leather interior front and back, and a big stereo. Jasen's Sol sees some occasional street time as well. There are several cars listed on there as well, the number of well known street hondas that have made over 600 WHP is up to 25+, and likely more that don't post much on the internet or don't share their numbers. In the past few years the power these little cars are making is going up exponentially. 2 years ago it was quite a feat to make 350 WHP on pump gas in a honda, and even then there was no way anyone figured that could last in a street car. Today 400 WHP pump gas setups are practically commonplace. An Integra GSR or a GSR motor swap into another car plus about 5000 dollars in mods (pistons/rods, turbo kit, clutch, walbro 255 and injectors) and a good tune and you can have a reliable 400 WHP car, which is to the tune of about 125 MPH in a teg and 130 in a light weight hatch. The biggest factor holding most hondas back? The engine management. Most run Hondata/Uberdata, which is realsticly limited to a 3 bar map sensor or about 28 pounds of boost. With an AEM EMS, Autronic, etc, and the ability to crank it up to 35+ pounds of boost makes boatloads of horsepower.

Hondas this powerful arn't a dime a dozen, but they are a lot more common than you think.
you my man, know your **** pretty good! although the poster of this thread has gone low 12s@120 in his civic coupe with a stock b16.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here's a vid of Cort's run this weekend...the air isn't the best up here but at least it's been cool:

http://www.racerubber.com/videos/green9.mov
Old 05-01-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That was a funny video.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:24 AM
10 Second Club

hey boys... that was i who got top end'd by the hatch... ahhh... all i can say is, my curve sucs cuz im comrimising for future plans.... (its a stock engine, only 5500 redline, gota bigger turbo for future big boost. next year brings 6l forged iron block, better flowing cam, and SPRINGS), plus i need DR's... not to take away from my buddys car tho cuz it definitly hauls ***.
i also shut down after he put a car on me if u were wonderin y he was fields away...
but all in all im happy where im at for the shitty curve i got. its fun to drive... also, lag isnt a problem for roll racing. it just sucs from a dig... but a MSD 2stage will fix that
Old 05-02-2005, 09:08 AM
On The Tree

That kinda stinks. I would have expected the STS Camaro to eat the Honda alive given the fact that it has 500 HP! How much HP did the Honda have and how much did it weigh?
Old 05-02-2005, 09:40 AM
10 Second Club

power to weight ratio favors the honda. doesn't matter how much you got.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by eviltwins

Here's one small example. He's been tuning for about a year, and only services a small part of the country, 22 cars at 400+ WHP, 3 600+ WHP cars, 10 500+ WHP cars, and 3 cars that made over 500 WHP on pump gas!

Cortney Green is not the fastest street car, Jason hunt is, 9.54@155 mph. its a b20 Crx with a T61
Old 05-02-2005, 09:42 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by orange01z28
race me from a roll, I'll show you how slow my car is..
Old 05-02-2005, 11:57 AM
10 Second Club

the hatch is sneaky, cant get the numbers out him... he weighs 22-2300 as aposed to my 4100. if i only had a cam and springs so my power band was the NORMAL length, then we'd see what would happen. like i sed, my engine is stock, and not set up at all to accept the boost. this is a starting point. i think my buddy here got a lil crazy cuz his civic beat my ls1, cuz his badwidth went to 350% last night
Old 05-02-2005, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
must not be that much power to be able to hook second gear
hahahahahha. its funny cause its true hahaha.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Moe
Teching In

^Thats exactly what i was thinking a 500 hp car without dragradials would proably go sideways dont you think? Especially form 2nd gear.

Both nice and very quick cars.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Turbo LS1 SS
the hatch is sneaky, cant get the numbers out him... he weighs 22-2300 as aposed to my 4100. if i only had a cam and springs so my power band was the NORMAL length, then we'd see what would happen. like i sed, my engine is stock, and not set up at all to accept the boost. this is a starting point. i think my buddy here got a lil crazy cuz his civic beat my ls1, cuz his badwidth went to 350% last night
what kinda crap are you talking? so you have a stock cam, what's it matter turn the boost up, Mighty Mouse had a stock cam and made like 800+ I believe. So why would the stock cam hold you back? and 5500 isn't redline, lol. Not even close. also if you got a cam and it spins faster wouldn't you be out of your powerband faster?
Old 05-02-2005, 02:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Turbo LS1 SS
hey boys... that was i who got top end'd by the hatch... ahhh... all i can say is, my curve sucs cuz im comrimising for future plans.... (its a stock engine, only 5500 redline, gota bigger turbo for future big boost. next year brings 6l forged iron block, better flowing cam, and SPRINGS), plus i need DR's... not to take away from my buddys car tho cuz it definitly hauls ***.
i also shut down after he put a car on me if u were wonderin y he was fields away...
but all in all im happy where im at for the shitty curve i got. its fun to drive... also, lag isnt a problem for roll racing. it just sucs from a dig... but a MSD 2stage will fix that
Did even look or sound like your were spinning so hows does getting dr help you? How does you curve suck can you explain? I just seem to not comprehend why? You say you don't lag then why does the curve suck?
Old 05-02-2005, 02:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you cant get it done hand me the keys!
Old 05-02-2005, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gotboost??
Cortney Green is not the fastest street car, Jason hunt is, 9.54@155 mph. its a b20 Crx with a T61
Hunt's car makes a little over 600 WHP, Green's has made over 800. Quickest in my book

Besides, after taking over driving with Saturn that thing barely sees the track, much less the street.

Quick Reply: Turbo ls1 vs turbo civic