Old 05-02-2005, 08:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can proly send u my tune. i dont no this ****
Old 05-02-2005, 09:11 PM
TECH Resident

send me in excel your.......

1. injector flow rate table and what size injectors you are running.
2. timing table
3. power enrichment table.

PM me for email addy
Old 05-02-2005, 09:23 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by DarkblueTA
No, I'm not gettying mad, don't take the post that way. I'm trying to figure out why your power went into the tank and fast. who did the install for you? tuning? Yes, make sure you have the TR6s gapped at .035".

See, reason being is I had a P1SC on the car pushing 7# of boost. sb427f-car can attest to this. There was a guy in DE/MD area that had a car simualr to the one you raced and I walked all over his *** 3 differnt times...and the most I was pushing was 470-480rwhp. He had a Built GSR engine, T3/T4 turbo pushing 13# of boost and ran 11.75@118 on slicks at the track. That's why I'm confused by your power output and video...get the power output issue resolved and get a re-match

Gotboost...before you go shootin' your mouth off, I know there are fast imports out there....just making sure there aren't very many on the street that can hang with me. hence the sig.

Yeah. It's all in the tune and it definately sounds like you have some kind of fuel or timing issue. As someone stated earlier...there is precident here to make big power on the stock cam. Stock springs do an excellent job in controling the valves up to about 6500, much more than that and you will start to run into valve float.

Darkblue...that turbo hatch was pretty quick and props to him. Both races were very close but you did pull him some (especially from the roll and I woulda hated to see it from a dig ). Gotta love the fact that the kid wanted to say he pulled on you when we're running around a turn and you just happen to be on the outside line. Stupid kids It was great to see a little shoe box fly by ya when you were on the binders though Got sparks anyone? They maybe quick in a straight line, but I'd hate to wanna turn left and right and stop with them. The only thing that the hatches have for them is low weight and a low CoG. Other than that they have a fair amount of roll.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sb427f-car
Yeah. It's all in the tune and it definately sounds like you have some kind of fuel or timing issue. As someone stated earlier...there is precident here to make big power on the stock cam. Stock springs do an excellent job in controling the valves up to about 6500, much more than that and you will start to run into valve float.

Darkblue...that turbo hatch was pretty quick and props to him. Both races were very close but you did pull him some (especially from the roll and I woulda hated to see it from a dig ). Gotta love the fact that the kid wanted to say he pulled on you when we're running around a turn and you just happen to be on the outside line. Stupid kids It was great to see a little shoe box fly by ya when you were on the binders though Got sparks anyone? They maybe quick in a straight line, but I'd hate to wanna turn left and right and stop with them. The only thing that the hatches have for them is low weight and a low CoG. Other than that they have a fair amount of roll.
hehehe...you should have seen the 3rd race...with everyone from DSR there. It was just ugly...for him

What..you don't like my brakeing system? 100~>30 in no time while he goes blitzin' by us like we were tied to a tree? he was 2 cars back when I nailed the brakes(brake check anyone?) and went by us like he was rocket boosted with sparks coming out of his brakes. crazy. Fun race though and yes, the kid was and has a fast little car. I give him proops for that!
Old 05-02-2005, 09:37 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

hehehe...you should have seen the 3rd race...with everyone from DSR there. It was just ugly...for him

What..you don't like my brakeing system? 100~>30 in no time while he goes blitzin' by us like we were tied to a tree? he was 2 cars back when I nailed the brakes(brake check anyone?) and went by us like he was rocket boosted with sparks coming out of his brakes. crazy. Fun race though and yes, the kid was and has a fast little car. I give him proops for that!
No...braking system in your car is great for just a "cheap upgrade." Goes to show what just simple lines, pads, and good rotors will do!!

Yeah, I thought for sure he had bottom something out until we both realised that he was heating the rotors up THAT bad.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He had a Built GSR engine, T3/T4 turbo pushing 13# of boost and ran 11.75@118 on slicks at the track.
"T3/T4" turbo is so generic. He could have a T3/TO4E 50-trim with a .48 A/R Stage 3 hot side that MIGHT push 400 WHP, or he could have something huge like a T3/T70. On my old Honduh it made 380 WHP @ 18 psi on a 57-trim, swapped to a T3/T67 .82 A/R and at 18 psi it made 490 WHP. 110 more WHP from a bigger turbo, but they're both "T3/T4" turbos. The hatch in this vid traps a lot more than 118 MPH.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:47 PM
10 Second Club

i dont have excel on my computerl... the best i can do is the ls1edit file.. sry
Old 05-03-2005, 05:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you have any log files
id think those would be more important to tell whats going on.
i bet a big part would be your springs, start with that.
look into the tune, i think part of it could be there.

spend enough time with us and you wont have to worry about getting beat by some grocery getter.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why do I never see any turbo ls1/lt1 guys brake boosting when running from a roll?
Old 05-03-2005, 09:56 AM
Suspended Sponsor

Just to clue you guys in on something you should probably know, The reason his springs Could be giving up here is the fact that he has stockers in there that are already very low on pressure to control the valvetrain and then if you factor in the boost at say around 9psi you are in essence REMOVING 28.27#'s of spring pressure from the already weak springs due to the boost pushing on the valve! We have seen this many times on heavily boosted racing engines, something to think about...

The formula goes like this:

valve dia. X valve dia. X .7854(to compensate for roundness of valve) X PSI of BOOST = effective spring pressure lost.

This will obviously be even more important on a heavily boosted engine!

Enjoy!

-Bryan
Old 05-03-2005, 10:06 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

Ditto... I would not run stock valve springs with 9+ lbs of boost.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would not run stock anything vs a car that has stock nothing.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:14 PM
10 Second Club

i was break boosting..u just cant hear it in the vid....
when i get home (from school) weds, i will do some logs,
my buddy sent the tune tho to DARKBLUE TA
Old 05-03-2005, 06:19 PM
TECH Resident

yeah, got it today, looked it over and PM'd him back. hope I didn't ramble to much in it.

I'm surprised you're only running 16* of timing. BTW, what else is done to your car?
Old 05-03-2005, 06:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Camaro_Zach
i would not run stock anything vs a car that has stock nothing.

well obviously if it breaks, it wasn't high performance enough.

I have so far, but I don't beat on my car that much and it usually gets an easy drive now and then with a trip from here to there and back again on the highway....so I've been either lucky or good so far.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:16 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

fast but its still a civic
Old 05-03-2005, 07:47 PM
10 Second Club

just have bolt ons, moser 12 bolt with 373s, dennys driveshaft, then suspension and non engine related stuff. its a 2001 if ur wondering about rod bolts and intake etc

pm sent back
Old 05-04-2005, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by pdd
fast but its still a civic
i find it funny you say that when your car is slower than that civic even on low boost.

Quick Reply: Turbo ls1 vs turbo civic