Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Add me to the list of TURBOCHARGED 4th gen F-bodies

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 10:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Update, got the rest of the exhaust ran today. It turned out to be much more of a chore than I thought it would be. Me and my Dad were outside for a good eight hours, fitting and refitting, chopping, grinding, welding and refitting pipes and making them conform to the shapes we needed. BUT it was done, and all pipes clear.

I do have to make a bracket for the back of the DP back pipe..don't know what to call it S pipe?
I'll use the stock exhaust hanger off the tranny to mount that to.

I also need to weld in a bung for my WBO2 sensor....forgot to do that while finishing up, and add a bandclamp to the pipe going into the Dynatech cat so I can go OPEN DP at the track if I want

I set it up so all I have to do is disconnect the DP from the turbo, slide the DP pipe out of the cat, then slide the rest of the exhaust that goes to the cat back out and put the DP back on for some restriction free running.

What a difference having a cat and routing the exhaust through the magnaflow cat back made. The car is now VERY QUIET...now people won't have to roll up their windows when I pull up next to em
J
Old 05-29-2005, 10:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damnit man, lookin' sharp!
Old 05-29-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks, now all my 3 inch SS multi bends have been put to good use. I do have a lot of straight sections of 3 inch SS though Wish I had a mandrel bender so I could have made em conform to the underside of the car a lil better, but its no worse than how my MAC Ypipe sat on the driver side.
J
Old 05-29-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why ya runnina cat though????? its looks awsome bro.....BTW......
Kyle
Old 05-29-2005, 10:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

schweet, is that a Dynacat I see?
Old 05-29-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Trying to keep it street legal, through the cat, through the exhaust. I ran my 11.10 with a full exhaust too. I have to pass a visual plus a computer scan here in NM to get my registration renewed. Our emission punks just look for whats suppose to be there, if they see a cat they are happy.

Plus I didn't pay for the cat converter it was a gift for my Bday so its all good. It'll be plenty fast on the street with the cat on so...... If push comes to shove, the DP goes open really quick, in 15 minutes I can be running just the DP if needed.
J
Old 05-29-2005, 11:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Deamon2002
schweet, is that a Dynacat I see?
its small, you can see through it and it looks awesome. One of the best Bday gifts i've ever recieved.
J
Old 05-30-2005, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lets see some video with the full exhaust now...
Old 05-30-2005, 08:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Better yet let's see some with a tune and WOT.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Deamon2002
Better yet let's see some with a tune and WOT.

Yeah i 2nd that one..... i kind want to hear it idle now also though..... sleeper ya know....
Old 05-30-2005, 10:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

MORE VIDEO TOMORROW, didn't have my camera with me today
.......I just got back from some street testing of this new set up to make sure nothing is going to catch fire, rattle, blow up...
Also washed the **** out of it, man it was dirty as hell. Took her for a two spins, one highway and one city street.

Lets just say this turbo spools FAST...10psi happens without thinking. I was kinda dissapointed when I first took it out(video I posted) as it didn't feel like much was happening....all the exhaust noise was throwing me. NOW that I was able to stretch its legs out some DAMN it hauls...has a lot more low end grunt than the ATI. Its sick
I won't go as far to say that it is faster than my ol ATI set up as that has yet to be seen BUT MAN DID IT FEEL GOOOOOOOOD.
I now have a huge love for turbos.
BUT on the tuning situation....I still have this "miss" "hesistation" transitioning from cruise speed to kick *** speed. Thought new plugs, new O2 sensors and new wires would've taken care of it, but its still there This was plaguing my ATI set up before I took it off.

But that still won't wipe the smile off my face from my two lil joy rides today. Tomorrow i'll be heading to the exhaust shop to have my WBO2 welded up(found out today I can't weld on my back have burns to prove it )
I also have to throw in some 10w40 as this 5w30 I have in now is too thin for my taste...oil pressure sits at 30psi with 5w30 at idle

COOLING. TURBOS THROW OUT A LOT OF HEAT. Looks like I might have to upgrade my cooling fans...stay tuned.
J
Old 05-30-2005, 10:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I want my ride damn it!

Going to get the new bracket done this week.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

COME OVER COME OVER COME OVER COME OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
J
Old 05-30-2005, 10:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

That turbo sounds so SSSCCCHHHWWWEEETTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im all giddy! Sounds real nice bro!

Laters,

Eric
Old 05-30-2005, 10:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for helping me weld up that hanger today...i'd still be out there burning myself alive
J
Old 05-31-2005, 05:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

I say the mods should lock this thread till you get some damn video up! Its not fair you are riding around having fun!!!!!!!!!!

For real though I am glad you like the feel so far. I hate to say "I told you so" but I called it. Just to think you were ready to rip everything off and sell it.

O yeah! Did I say GET SOME VIDEO!
Old 05-31-2005, 09:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Glad to hear its going well!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep Us posted!
Old 05-31-2005, 02:37 PM
Launching!

I want to see that bad boy too! Congrats on the setup!
Old 05-31-2005, 04:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by frcefed98
MORE VIDEO TOMORROW, didn't have my camera with me today
.......I just got back from some street testing of this new set up to make sure nothing is going to catch fire, rattle, blow up...
Also washed the **** out of it, man it was dirty as hell. Took her for a two spins, one highway and one city street.

Lets just say this turbo spools FAST...10psi happens without thinking. I was kinda dissapointed when I first took it out(video I posted) as it didn't feel like much was happening....all the exhaust noise was throwing me. NOW that I was able to stretch its legs out some DAMN it hauls...has a lot more low end grunt than the ATI. Its sick
I won't go as far to say that it is faster than my ol ATI set up as that has yet to be seen BUT MAN DID IT FEEL GOOOOOOOOD.
I now have a huge love for turbos.
BUT on the tuning situation....I still have this "miss" "hesistation" transitioning from cruise speed to kick *** speed. Thought new plugs, new O2 sensors and new wires would've taken care of it, but its still there This was plaguing my ATI set up before I took it off.

But that still won't wipe the smile off my face from my two lil joy rides today. Tomorrow i'll be heading to the exhaust shop to have my WBO2 welded up(found out today I can't weld on my back have burns to prove it )
I also have to throw in some 10w40 as this 5w30 I have in now is too thin for my taste...oil pressure sits at 30psi with 5w30 at idle

COOLING. TURBOS THROW OUT A LOT OF HEAT. Looks like I might have to upgrade my cooling fans...stay tuned.
J

So is 10 psi as high as you set the wastegate so far jer??? or thats all youve had the your foot into it so far???
What size fan ya got now and how much CFM is it rated at???
Kyle
Old 05-31-2005, 05:10 PM
TECH Regular

So when you going to get it dyno tuned ^_^

Quick Reply: Add me to the list of TURBOCHARGED 4th gen F-bodies