Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

SD-Concepts

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 03:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SD-Concepts

Can anyone advise on what happened to SD-Concepts, are they still in business? I sure could use their Procharger belt tensioner
Old 03-30-2006, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

non-sponsor link removed by Admin
Old 03-30-2006, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

They're still in business just not a sponsor of this site anymore.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

wonder why they dont sponsor anymore?
Old 04-04-2006, 05:51 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

because they didn't pay us and we removed their banner.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

good luck getting in touch with them. they are supposed to be doing my engine swap/tune but haven't been able to get ahold of them for 2 weeks. grrrrrrrrrr
Old 04-04-2006, 06:38 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

sounds familiar. We never got any responses to mailed invoices or emails either.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:22 PM
7 Second Club

has any one done business with them lately?

i also may be needing the belt tensioner but i dont want to be taken advantage of
Old 04-04-2006, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

Two things to know about SDCE. They have a good product, but they have the worst customer service by far. It took 3 months to get my damn SDCE setup and when i got it the crank pulley was solid with no holes in it. We had to take it to a machine shop to drill holes in it so we can use it.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:40 PM
10 Second Club

they were a sponcer the other day i saw them on there..but just last year they wernt in bussiness because the shop got fluded in a rain stom near the end of 2005 and i hear there survice isnt that great..it was prety good when my father had his car down there but we did drive there a few times to talk and see his progress. i'd say just drive down there if ur close enough
Old 04-04-2006, 10:45 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by LSs1Power
Two things to know about SDCE. They have a good product, but they have the worst customer service by far. It took 3 months to get my damn SDCE setup and when i got it the crank pulley was solid with no holes in it. We had to take it to a machine shop to drill holes in it so we can use it.

nice!
Old 04-04-2006, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nine Ball

nice!

LMAO... U know what i mean... The tension setup works
Old 04-04-2006, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

I bought the tensioner system from them a few weeks ago...I sent my bracket in and everything and had the system back in less than 8 days or so...i told them i wanted to be guaranteed that it'd be back within 2 weeks before i sent my bracket in...all worked out well so no complaints here
Old 04-04-2006, 11:02 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its funny with them, I have read here of such horrible customer service but every time I called there Wendy has picked up the phone and they sent what I ordered in a few days. My crank pulley even had holes in it

I'm the last person to say something is 'worth the wait,' I hate waiting for stuff for more then a day but it is a decent product and it works..
Old 04-05-2006, 08:54 AM
On The Tree

Thanks to all for the feedback....few things I'd like to say in our defense - not that they are excuses by any means - we are not perfect and we are working on improvements every day.
Let me start here....first, we are a two "man" shop - It's just me and Scott. Our work load consists of everything from soup to nuts...we build engines, fab and install rollcages, exhaust systems, blower kits, spring tensioners, etc. We have an engine dyno, small machine shop, and now a chassis dyno. So yes, it gets a little "tight" keeping everyone happy. Back in Feb of 1995, we bought our own building and moved. Took us a few months to get situated....we hit the ground running and hired a good friend of ours in MArch. He committed suicide in June....that was a hard blow and seeing as we had 3 people's worth of work in here, yeah, we got a little behind again as only two people were doing the work now. So we pick up again, keep going, we're moving along, then we get 4 feet of water in our shop in October. Attached are some pictures....
Yeah, we've had our fair share of CRAP to deal with lately. We're still here, we're still trucking along, and we've made lots of improvements as far as customer service and quality control. I do have to say that our products obviously speak for themselves. I'm glad everyone has been happy with the quality of our products. Our main focus, product design and workmanship is 110%. Please cut us a little slack with the customer service.....unfortunately, right now we don't have the man power we need. Scott and I can only do so many things at once.....All I can say is keep trying to get thru - I am only one person answering the phone. Chances are when you call, I'M ALREADY ON ANOTHER LINE!!!!! If you don't leave a message, I can't call you back!! You can also email me - sdconcepts@yahoo.com, or pm me here....
I'll need some patience on your parts. It may take me a few days to call back. I get between 50-70 messages a day that have to get returned. We aren't Summit with people sitting by the phones and many of our products are custom parts (not shelf parts) that are made to order. Which means you have to wait for them. Yes, some have had to wait longer than they should. We've had a few hurdles to overcome since we've moved and as I said, we are working on controlling what we can such as improving fill rates. Our fill rate is much better these days...the last 10 tensioners that went out were all shipped within 7-10 days, many even quicker.
Nineball.....I know I've emailed you SEVERAL times. I'll forward the email I sent you regarding the flood with the pictures attached if I can find it...I did tell you we will square up asap.
DenaliHD...I've also talked to you since you've left several messages on our machine...we'll be happy to help you with whatever you need. When we spoke, it seemed you were a little undecided which avenue you'd like to persue regarding if you wanted us to make your turbo kit or if you were going to buy it and have us install it. We'll be happy to do whatever it is you need when you are ready. Keep in mind race season is here and all shops are getting backed up. We are currently scheduling 3-4 weeks out.
LSs1Power, I have to say that was the first and only time that has happened, and I'm sorry. I'm not sure how that happened.

SOOOO......in another month or so, we are hoping to have an increased staff to handle the 15 people's worth of work that me and Scott are doing.
We are about 4 weeks out on having the chassis dyno up and running and sometime this spring/summer, we will be having a "party" to welcome anyone interested to check out our new shop and we'll be having a dyno special.
We also have several new LS1 products coming out in the next few months.

Again, no excuses - we can and will handle anything that has been thrown at us. We have for the last 12 years that we've been doing this. Our main focus will continue to be to provide you with top notch products and services. That to me is the most important "customer service" we can provide. We will continue to improve our turn around times and answering services.........gotta go - I'm on the phone as I type this and ups just walked in the door!!!!!

Wendy

PS - how do I insert images???!!!!! I can't figure it out....
John,
Originally Posted by kp
Its funny with them, I have read here of such horrible customer service but every time I called there Wendy has picked up the phone and they sent what I ordered in a few days. My crank pulley even had holes in it

I'm the last person to say something is 'worth the wait,' I hate waiting for stuff for more then a day but it is a decent product and it works..
Old 04-05-2006, 09:10 AM
7 Second Club

i hope to see you guys back on board as sponsors!

i may be getting with you on tensioner kit a little later
Old 04-05-2006, 09:28 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Wendy, sorry to hear about the issues that have challenged you guys over the last year. This is the first I've heard of a flood, pretty sure I never got an email. I sent several emails and a mailed invoice via US Postal, but never got a response back.

The current past due balance is $562 if you wish to square up. Our paypal is payment@ls1tech.com

Thanks,
Tony
Old 04-05-2006, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

I can vouch for Wendy and the experience I've had with SDCE so far. I have always had my phone calls/e-mails returned...my tensioner is with them as we speak and decided to buy a few more items from SDCE as their pricing was very fair for the items needed for this new project. They have been very helpful and knowledgable toward my current set up. I would recommend them and from what I've read over the past 6 months, their great 8 rib tensioner set up for our LSx applications...Wendy and Scott good luck with everything and hope to see you back on the board very soon...Dennis
Old 04-05-2006, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

Hi Dennis. Thanks for the kind words.
I'll be calling you in a few minutes to see how you want your order shipped back to you. The tensioner is ready, we're a few days still for the shroud.

wendy

Originally Posted by DJ's99SS
I can vouch for Wendy and the experience I've had with SDCE so far. I have always had my phone calls/e-mails returned...my tensioner is with them as we speak and decided to buy a few more items from SDCE as their pricing was very fair for the items needed for this new project. They have been very helpful and knowledgable toward my current set up. I would recommend them and from what I've read over the past 6 months, their great 8 rib tensioner set up for our LSx applications...Wendy and Scott good luck with everything and hope to see you back on the board very soon...Dennis
Old 04-05-2006, 12:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJ's99SS
I can vouch for Wendy and the experience I've had with SDCE so far. I have always had my phone calls/e-mails returned
Same here. I have the SDCE tensioner, and recently purchased items from Wendy. She is very helpful and definitely returns phone calls. I wish you all were closer, I would love to come work for ya!

Andy

Quick Reply: SD-Concepts