Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS install pics... and stuff...

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 02:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

ZL1Killa - Thanks for all your posts. I've been working through my build (Under the Canadian Member section) and had gone through your thread a few years back. I finally after 5 years of tinkering/fabricating and tuning am happy with the rear mount setup.

I am going to do my final dyno session within a weeks time and then leave the car for a full year to simply enjoy (unless there are issues/breaks/etc).

There are tons of members out there with rear mounts facing several challenges with their systems and with posts like this, hopefully we are able to help them save time and energy with problem solving some of the quirky bits.

What were your final dyno numbers at with your setup (if different from your sig)?
Have you run your car at the track...if so, what was your 1/4 et and mph through the trap?
What tire size and brand are you running on the rear of your car?

Ryan
Old 11-11-2014, 06:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, after a long while, I finally got the car back on the dyno.

654HP & 688TQ @ 13psi

6.0L LS2 w/ LS6 untouched heads
Forged Rods & Pistons
Turbonetics TC76 Turbo

Limiting factor is Turbo and/or heads. Would make more power, but not spending more $$. Really happy with this setup. Look at how the HP flatlines. will post dyno graph this afternoon
Old 11-11-2014, 07:51 PM
TECH Resident

Old 11-11-2014, 08:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I wonder if it is the stock exhaust manifolds limiting you? Awesome #'s anyway!
Old 11-12-2014, 10:00 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
I wonder if it is the stock exhaust manifolds limiting you? Awesome #'s anyway!
Yep, got those too. Not certain what it is. Hopefully turbonetics replies back to me on the question about the TC76, but I'm absolutely happy with where the car is as of now.
Don't have the $$ to upgrade to the next level as in reality, I would need a newer transmission, new clutch, new heads, ? new manifolds?, ? new turbo?, new crank (still stock ls1)

The original intention of this car was to make ~550rwhp... so it has more than fulfilled the power I wanted to make.

Crank - ~$9xx
Heads - ~$1800
manifolds - ~$ ? (custom built)
clutch - $1100
...not happening.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:59 AM
TECH Resident

The turbo....F1-68 w/60 series housing (compact- TC) is what is holding me back. I could swap to the full housing and gain some... or swap out to the F1-75. Who wants to throw me a bone? LOL.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

nice numbers! and with that smaller turbo too. god I wish my tranny didn't go out some could get my car back in the dyno
Old 01-26-2015, 05:09 PM
TECH Resident

People with new AFTERMARKET torque arms, whether chassis mount or transmission mount. always check throughout the entire length of your driveshaft to torque arm the distance between the two. The need to be as parallel as they can. You can achieve this, depending on the torque arm, but in my case SPOHN, to completely fit my 12 bolt correctly, you have to completely cut the first set of bolt holes off.

2nd best information ever. Learn how to and assembly & disassemble your rear end no matter the cost/time/effort. For nearly 2 years my rearend was setup wrong, barely tightened bolts/nuts, and the crush washer/pinion was never preloaded/tightened. FML.

I have now ordered all new bearings and parts/pieces from Moser for my rearend and completely torn apart and put back together, all vibrations gone and no noisy rearend. Spent from Friday at 4pm till Sunday at 5pm....I must say well worth it though. Nearly a completely new car after fixing all the crap. If you get an assembled rear end, DO NOT TRUST IT. CHECK everything for yourself
Old 09-10-2017, 02:34 PM
TECH Resident

holy thread resurrection. New updates for this build.

* Going to Advanced Induction for their full 232cc CNC porting package
* replacing factory rockers with new units (undetermined yet)
* replacing factory radiator (either Griffin or Ron Davis)
* replacing transmission with TR6060 - Tick Performance
* replacing clutch with Monster twin disc
* replacing injectors with 1000cc, lowering fuel pressure to 43.5psig from 58 to get more flow from pumps
* replacing turbo with Work Turbochargers custom S300SX
* getting some intake tubing re-worked/fixed

Last edited by ZL1Killa; 09-10-2017 at 02:38 PM. Reason: bullets
Old 09-16-2017, 07:13 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
holy thread resurrection. New updates for this build.

* Going to Advanced Induction for their full 232cc CNC porting package
* replacing factory rockers with new units (undetermined yet)
* replacing factory radiator (either Griffin or Ron Davis)
* replacing transmission with TR6060 - Tick Performance
* replacing clutch with Monster twin disc
* replacing injectors with 1000cc, lowering fuel pressure to 43.5psig from 58 to get more flow from pumps
* replacing turbo with Work Turbochargers custom S300SX
* getting some intake tubing re-worked/fixed
Nice! Ive been off for awhile myself. Been moving around and trying to by a house so hobby needs have been trumped by life lol but ive been slowly setting aside time to work on mine. Finally found why my car has been surging and blowing boost at 2psi... stupid catch can developed a leak a cap and was driiving me crazy! Lo

So looks like your build is taking a drastic uptick 😊 what are you looking to do with it now?
Old 09-16-2017, 07:16 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
People with new AFTERMARKET torque arms, whether chassis mount or transmission mount. always check throughout the entire length of your driveshaft to torque arm the distance between the two. The need to be as parallel as they can. You can achieve this, depending on the torque arm, but in my case SPOHN, to completely fit my 12 bolt correctly, you have to completely cut the first set of bolt holes off.

2nd best information ever. Learn how to and assembly & disassemble your rear end no matter the cost/time/effort. For nearly 2 years my rearend was setup wrong, barely tightened bolts/nuts, and the crush washer/pinion was never preloaded/tightened. FML.

I have now ordered all new bearings and parts/pieces from Moser for my rearend and completely torn apart and put back together, all vibrations gone and no noisy rearend. Spent from Friday at 4pm till Sunday at 5pm....I must say well worth it though. Nearly a completely new car after fixing all the crap. If you get an assembled rear end, DO NOT TRUST IT. CHECK everything for yourself
I think my 10 bolts ready for some servicing now. Been getting alot of road chatter lately.

Quick Reply: STS install pics... and stuff...