Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Tc76mps

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 03:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Doc do you have any documentation showing the TC76 making high power like it is capable of? I would like to see something, anything. I have searched and searched and cannot find any dyno's or even sigs with this turbo?
Old 01-29-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Oh when is this turbo test goin to be comin out? How will the test work? Thanks
Old 01-30-2007, 07:48 AM
TECH Junkie

tttttt
Old 01-30-2007, 07:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Jz and Doc I want to see you guys show some proof of this hybrid turbo making the power you folks claim it will. How does that little 62mm compressor support 1000 HP? We need proof.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 52172
Jz and Doc I want to see you guys show some proof of this hybrid turbo making the power you folks claim it will. How does that little 62mm compressor support 1000 HP? We need proof.
Not sure where you are getting the 62mm compressor wheel from, but a T76 has a 76mm inducer compressor... plain and simple. I think there was some confusion on that earlier in the thread when Jer postd.

Oh, and proof would be nice

Last edited by RealQuick; 01-30-2007 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:22 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The unit was already flow tested.....the figures have been posted on the first page. We had the unit flowed when it was first built to see what it would make. Not as much as a T-series which flows a squeek over 98lbs/min. They "the figures" were not suppose to be posted, but for the sake of being told a 76mm only flows 65 lbs/min , which is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Also I found the post on T-netics website done by forcedfed, and they told him the S-trim wheel was way to large for a LS1.....LOL. Complete technical idiots is all I can say.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:26 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

BTW, we have some customers on this site that have already made over 750rwhp.....whether they want to post or not is up to them.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DrTurbo
BTW, we have some customers on this site that have already made over 750rwhp.....whether they want to post or not is up to them.
Do you have any of them in stock yet?
Old 01-30-2007, 10:51 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I will check and see. We had 13 in stock last week, but I think they have all sold already. I know we are expecting another large order very soon.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Ok Doc I believe you. My car is hitting the rollers here in about three weeks with a full forged 347 and heads that flow 307cfm@ .650 and a nice cam to compliment the turbo kit with and a 1100hp rated intercooler and tubular headers. I might be the first to post the dyno with this turbo, but I am gonna see how much power I can get out of it with good old pump gas. Shootin for 650 rwhp.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:22 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I think on pump gas you should be able to reach those #'s. Not easy though...
Old 01-30-2007, 11:53 AM
TECH Junkie

I have a really good turbo guru doing my build and tuning. Stay tuned.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:44 PM
TECH Junkie

care to elaborate on when this turbo shootout is gonna happen and what it is composed of? DOC?
Old 01-30-2007, 02:01 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The details are being worked out. It will be getting some magazine coverage for sure
Old 01-30-2007, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DrTurbo
The details are being worked out. It will be getting some magazine coverage for sure
Sweet!
Old 01-30-2007, 03:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.turboneticsownersclub.com...opic.php?t=418

The post is right there, not hard to find it by googling(is that a word LOL) my name.
But for one to call a TURBO manufacturer technical idiots is frightening....they did come up with the GTK and GTM turbos you were speaking highly about a few days ago.

Speaking of google when I type in TC76MPS into google nothing really comes up. Surely with the cost of this turbo and guys making 700+ with it, there would be more to be found on the net.

please dont get defensive, as a sponsor as well as a person in business you should be ready to provide proof for members/customers if they do indeed question a products ability to make power....all about doing business, especially when you are selling HP. I'm glad it flowed that much on a test stand, but I have an LS1 underhood and I don't think a SAE certified test stand will get the job done for me J/K take it easy...like I mentioned in the turbonetics post Jose and Co. are a great resource for our small segment of the turbo world.

You tell us that there are some customers on this site alone making 750+ with this turbo, then that would mean you saw the results of a dyno session in the form of a dynograph? Feel free to post em or get into contact with said members and have em chime in for your product.

You tell 52172, that 650rwhp might not be easy for his "built for boost" set up to produce on PG?? So did the guys who made 750+ make that power with race fuel, boost, N2O and race fuel or boost/PG alone? I'd like to know the specifics especially with the combos they tested the TC76 on.

Like I said before I would be too happy to see results like that, but if not i'll push my lil TC76MPS for all its worth anyway...god knows I've wasted too much money on turbos this past season LOL.

Is this turboshoot out the one you guys were talking about on supraforums.com, which had plenty of talk about the BW units? Be awesome to see you guys do testing on the platform we are familiar with, LS1.

52172, Man I can't wait to see the results of your dyno, i'm pulling for you to make your power goal and then some. I'm just shootin for a measly 600-650 as well, but you know that
Old 01-30-2007, 03:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by frcefed98
http://www.turboneticsownersclub.com...opic.php?t=418

The post is right there, not hard to find it by googling(is that a word LOL) my name.
But for one to call a TURBO manufacturer technical idiots is frightening....they did come up with the GTK and GTM turbos you were speaking highly about a few days ago.

Speaking of google when I type in TC76MPS into google nothing really comes up. Surely with the cost of this turbo and guys making 700+ with it, there would be more to be found on the net.

please dont get defensive, as a sponsor as well as a person in business you should be ready to provide proof for members/customers if they do indeed question a products ability to make power....all about doing business, especially when you are selling HP. I'm glad it flowed that much on a test stand, but I have an LS1 underhood and I don't think a SAE certified test stand will get the job done for me J/K take it easy...like I mentioned in the turbonetics post Jose and Co. are a great resource for our small segment of the turbo world.

You tell us that there are some customers on this site alone making 750+ with this turbo, then that would mean you saw the results of a dyno session in the form of a dynograph? Feel free to post em or get into contact with said members and have em chime in for your product.

You tell 52172, that 650rwhp might not be easy for his "built for boost" set up to produce on PG?? So did the guys who made 750+ make that power with race fuel, boost, N2O and race fuel or boost/PG alone? I'd like to know the specifics especially with the combos they tested the TC76 on.

Like I said before I would be too happy to see results like that, but if not i'll push my lil TC76MPS for all its worth anyway...god knows I've wasted too much money on turbos this past season LOL.

Is this turboshoot out the one you guys were talking about on supraforums.com, which had plenty of talk about the BW units? Be awesome to see you guys do testing on the platform we are familiar with, LS1.

52172, Man I can't wait to see the results of your dyno, i'm pulling for you to make your power goal and then some. I'm just shootin for a measly 600-650 as well, but you know that
650 rwhp on pump gas is not an easy feat. Takes plenty of tuning and some know how. As for dynp charts...I will let the customers post them if they want. But a 346 LS1 car with an auto at 18psi made 772.4rwhp before the valve springs started to float badly. Not bad I think, and yes on race fuel.

As for the magazine test, no details can be posted, but you will see a little of everything.

As for the idiot part, I meant that as telling someone the turbine wheel is to small for a LS1. Also those are not the engineers your talking to. Dave and company are the engineers there.....
Old 01-30-2007, 04:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Gotcha, just figured info was being relayed from the tech/engineering staff on turbonetics end

772 with a auto on stock cubes whether it be race gas or not is awesome
Just wish he'd post up....gives us some hope
Old 01-30-2007, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

i wish i could gte mine dynoed already, its just i wont be done till next week. only thin ive noticed about this turbo is the the exhaust is bigger then the compressor, seems like it could take a much bigger compressor side and make mor boost
Old 01-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know I have my heart set on a big front mount single with full tube headers right now. I sold my mock up kit to cover getting Sponsored on tech and upgrading tig welders. I just finished 2 more sets of Intercooler pipes, charges pipes, and down pipes. I have 3 TC76MPS turbo's sitting on the shelf to go with my kits. I based my kits around this turbo. I have been around the block in the turbo game over the last 7-8yrs. Mostly in the Ford end of the game, but turbo's non the less.

I guess what I am getting at is I just need to put one of the production kits on the car and get it going, take it to the dyno and see what it does. The knock off a couple hunderd bucks and sell it.

What sucks is a still have to get the fuel system installed, 9 inch istalles afer the gear change, put the suspension under the car, Get a driveshaft made, among alot of other things.

Quick Reply: Tc76mps