Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 05:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by peter@aps
1)
2) This particular system was custom designed for the C6 Corvette and therefore will not fit the F body though if there's sufficient demand we could produce a similar fuel system for the F body.
Thanks,

Peter

Yes Please!
Old 03-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another yes vote for the fuel system
Old 03-19-2007, 06:01 PM
10 Second Club

I just want to know if the Corvette bucket will fit into a F Body tank
Old 03-20-2007, 07:44 AM
On The Tree

Is any of the piping for this kit going to be routed underneath the K-member?
Old 03-20-2007, 04:20 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
My $ is burning a hole in my pocket till May!
Lol................I know the feeling...................a day feels like a week..............a month feels like a year.

I know that we are still a good time away from the F body twin turbo system release...............I can PROMISE you it will be well worth the wait.

Peter
Old 03-20-2007, 04:54 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by jlm44
Yeah peter,

I can't remember which photo it was, it was either the GTO or the Vette pics that show the O2 sensors are right next to the wastegate. In fact one is before the wastgate and one is after. Is there any reason for this and how is tuning effected? Do you notice any reversion or cross scavaging playing with the O2 sensors response and accuracy? Thanks Jason McD
Jason, Sorry I missed your earlier question. The 02 sensors are installed in the most practical position from an installation perspective and I've never has any issues tuning a twin turbo LS1/LS2 engine with 02 sensors in this position. Keep in mind that the waste gates are closed when the engine is in a closed loop/part throttle engine condition.

Peter
Old 03-20-2007, 05:10 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Darren P
I just want to know if the Corvette bucket will fit into a F Body tank
I've not looked into this yet though I will in the future. If the Corvette twin pump system does not fit (it would be a real lucky if it did) I'm sure APS could design and produce a twin pump system specific to the late model F body fuel tank.

Peter
Old 03-20-2007, 05:28 PM
FormerVendor

double post.............damn computers.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by pewter01z
Is any of the piping for this kit going to be routed underneath the K-member?
There won't be any intercooler metal piping running under the K member as there's not sufficient space for large steel piping and to still have full suspension travel without cruching the turbo intercooler or air entry pipes over speed humps. APS will design the F body TT system with all of the intercooler piping and turbo air entry piping up nice and high...............better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 03-20-2007, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by peter@aps
I've not looked into this yet though I will in the future. If the Corvette twin pump system does not fit (it would be a real lucky if it did) I'm sure APS could design and produce a twin pump system specific to the late model F body fuel tank.

Peter
How much US $ is the corvette fuel system to get an idea of what the F-Body fuel system may cost.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This all looks and sounds great. But I'm a cheap *** and need to see the kit installed and proven track and dyno #'s to sell me. Right now I'm taking the cheap way out with nos but if and when my stock bottom end goes this kit is looking like the way to go with a LSX stroker or a LS2 stroker
Old 03-21-2007, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ditto on Fuel system cost...
I also have another question about what kind of heads this kit can be used with. I have been looking for pictures and information everywhere, but I cannot find the difference in exhaust port of LS1/LS6 versus LS7/L92 versus C5R/warhawk. I guess this would be the same question about headers...Will LS1 specific stuff work correctly on LS7/L92 or C5R/warhawk exhaust ports? Or if I buy this kit should/MUST I use LS1 style heads?
Old 03-21-2007, 05:22 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by GrnDragon
I also have another question about what kind of heads this kit can be used with. I have been looking for pictures and information everywhere, but I cannot find the difference in exhaust port of LS1/LS6 versus LS7/L92 versus C5R/warhawk. I guess this would be the same question about headers...Will LS1 specific stuff work correctly on LS7/L92 or C5R/warhawk exhaust ports? Or if I buy this kit should/MUST I use LS1 style heads?
The turbo exhaust manifolds wil fit any production GM based cylinder heads as far as I know although may require mild grinding of the exhaust ports on the LS7 cyl heads. I have no experience with the race heads (Warhawk) though some of the other guys on the forum may be able to answer this for you.

Peter
Old 03-21-2007, 05:38 PM
On The Tree

Hey there Peter,

The concern that I have is when going from open to closed loop after let say WOT, that the O2 sensors are seeing different response on either bank and compansating incorrectly and on a street application that goes through a lot of open and closed loop that it could be damaging in time. The picture that I say was the corvette kit. For example the O2 sensor that is right after the wastegate might be seeing a byss rich condition where as the other do to placement may be seeing far different.

I realize that you have had these kits for a bit, have you delt with any O2 fauling?

By the way I still must commend you on the kit for I find it absolutely amazing, and I am still interest in one. It's just that I have seen wastegate placement effect O2 sensors in the past.

Thanks again peter,

Jason McDermott
Old 03-21-2007, 06:40 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by jlm44
Hey there Peter,

The concern that I have is when going from open to closed loop after let say WOT, that the O2 sensors are seeing different response on either bank and compansating incorrectly and on a street application that goes through a lot of open and closed loop that it could be damaging in time. The picture that I say was the corvette kit. For example the O2 sensor that is right after the wastegate might be seeing a byss rich condition where as the other do to placement may be seeing far different.
I never had any issue to date with O2 sensors on the LS1/LS2 engine. I don't see how the wastegate position could have any real impact on the sensor life as the front O2 sensor is simply seeing the same/similar AFR as the rear sensor in a closed loop or open loop operatiing condition.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 03-22-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

dam 15 pages , long read

LOL

i just got my twins for my goat monday , you guys dont need to worry damage during shipping , they are very well packaged , and wraped in a large condom for their protection , LOL

mine shipped on a aussie friday , and arived on a us monday , very quick for 2 large and heavy boxes

a few gto's guy have theirs on already and are in the mid 550 range for whp , so get a clutch done before you install the kit , unless you like smelling burnt clutch , lol

although im sure alot of dont have stock clutches any more

after seeing the APS twins at sema last year , i was sold on them and now own them , now to get the rest of the money for a clutch and fuel system , and ill be ready for

peter , how come they get 2 bov's and we only got 1 i feel so cheated , LOL

keep up the great work !!
Old 03-22-2007, 08:32 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by s/c'd cav
dam 15 pages , long read

LOL

i just got my twins for my goat monday , you guys dont need to worry damage during shipping , they are very well packaged , and wraped in a large condom for their protection , LOL

mine shipped on a aussie friday , and arived on a us monday , very quick for 2 large and heavy boxes
Yes, that freight time is just incredible, many of our GTO twin turbo customers received their twin turbo kits in less than four days from despatch, that's four days door to door, that's incredibly fast delivery. We have now delivered over 60 GTO twin turbo systems to GTO forum members so there's definitely going to be some really fast twin turbo GTO's out and around in the US over the coming weeks, all good.

Originally Posted by s/c'd cav
a few gto's guy have theirs on already and are in the mid 550 range for whp , so get a clutch done before you install the kit , unless you like smelling burnt clutch , lol

although im sure alot of dont have stock clutches any more
I just read that thread, 550/550 rwhp/rwtq on a Mustang dyno at just 7 PSI is awesome, see link below for those who are interested.

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=48

Thanks,

Peter
Old 03-22-2007, 08:58 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

son of a bitch! why wasnt this out 6 months ago. i just finished saving the $$ for my tfs heads and i already installed my t2 cam!
Old 03-22-2007, 10:42 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
son of a bitch! why wasnt this out 6 months ago.
Lol........because we only started this F body twin turbo project a few months ago.

Peter
Old 03-22-2007, 11:10 PM
TECH Regular

is this kit going to be leagal in all 50 states?

Quick Reply: F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery