Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 06:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Aggie
Yes thats right
Thankyou.

Peter
Old 07-22-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally I love tial blow offs but they have no recirc provision. I wish they could be made option with no recirc. I dont' buy into the stealth thing anyway. I like my turbo sounds. blow offs are one of them. And pretty sure you should be able to hear those 20gs spooling up. I am very happy with my tial gate also. I have both tial blow off and tial gate on my 97 turbo talon.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Peter why cant I get this blowoff valve with this kit? Please let me know. If they are extra I will pay the difference. Sub out the plastic ones and Ill pay the difference! Please let me know ASAP! I see no reason why we cant buy these!

peter please answer this. i would like to do the same. or tell me why i can't
thanks
Big Bird
Old 07-22-2007, 08:19 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Peter why cant I get this blowoff valve with this kit? Please let me know. If they are extra I will pay the difference. Sub out the plastic ones and Ill pay the difference! Please let me know ASAP! I see no reason why we cant buy these!

Two really good reasons. APS did not plan on packaging the GTO BOV's in the F body system as the cost is very high of these BOV's and we don't carry these BOV's in inventory (would push the price of the F body base twin system up much higher than it is now) and the guys who want louder blow off valves can easily customize the twin turbo system with BOV's of their choice.

APS Engineering is not a one off custom turbo system supplier, APS produces high volume production twin turbo systems in order to keep the price down and very affordable for the average F body twin turbo enthusiast and this also provides some scope for the guys who like to customize and build up their twin turbo system to their own specs, all good.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 07-22-2007, 08:19 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
peter please answer this. i would like to do the same. or tell me why i can't
thanks
Big Bird
See the post above.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 07-23-2007, 01:13 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by peter@aps
Two really good reasons. APS did not plan on packaging the GTO BOV's in the F body system as the cost is very high of these BOV's and we don't carry these BOV's in inventory (would push the price of the F body base twin system up much higher than it is now) and the guys who want louder blow off valves can easily customize the twin turbo system with BOV's of their choice.

APS Engineering is not a one off custom turbo system supplier, APS produces high volume production twin turbo systems in order to keep the price down and very affordable for the average F body twin turbo enthusiast and this also provides some scope for the guys who like to customize and build up their twin turbo system to their own specs, all good.

Thanks,

Peter
Now I understand. Please pm me the price of them if I purchased them seprately.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:23 PM
10 Second Club

So you are saying that the out side diameter on the 90 mm throttle body is 101.6 mm's, is that correct?

Peter
Since the stock F-body bellows fit's on the NW 90mm TB, I think it would be safe to say that yours will fit the NW TB as well?

Dan
Old 07-23-2007, 03:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah...those couplers flex pretty good...i wouldnt be worried about it fitting.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have my stock bellows on my nw tb. Unless there is trick to getting it on. But if this coupler has enough flex then it should work I guess. I like nice clean look and think going with speed density I already have the program for it.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:51 PM
Banned

Thanks,

Peter

so how are these different. i understand thet they have two ports but i still don't understand.

second can you just post the amont of the upgrade.
thanks

big bird
Old 07-23-2007, 06:56 PM
FormerVendor

so how are these different. i understand thet they have two ports but i still don't understand.

second can you just post the amont of the upgrade.
thanks

big bird
What upgrade? I don't have any F body upgades at this time other then the APS drop in twin pump fuel system in the link below.

Peter

http://www.airpowersystems.com/fbody...sgmf-fss01.htm
Old 07-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Banned

sorry peter i ment the upgrade to the other BOV. the one the gto has.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:24 PM
Staging Lane

Peter,

Will there be restrictors placed in the oil feed lines to the turbos? I didn't see any reference to them in the component list or the installation instructions. I've read numerous threads where people were having problems with high oil pressures blowing oil past the internal seals of the turbos. Just wondering how this was going to be addressed with your setup?
Old 07-23-2007, 10:36 PM
FormerVendor

sorry peter i ment the upgrade to the other BOV. the one the gto has.
From my earlier post,

''APS did not plan on packaging the GTO BOV's in the F body system as the cost is very high of these BOV's and we don't carry these BOV's in inventory (would push the price of the F body base twin system up much higher than it is now) and the guys who want louder blow off valves can easily customize the twin turbo system with BOV's of their choice.''

Thanks,

Peter
Old 07-23-2007, 11:03 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
I don't have my stock bellows on my nw tb. Unless there is trick to getting it on. But if this coupler has enough flex then it should work I guess. I like nice clean look and think going with speed density I already have the program for it.
No trick to getting it on, I'm running my stock bellows with my NW TB, it just slid on, it was tight but went on no problem. I think there is barely a difference in the O.D. between NW and stock. Nick W. stated that in a few posts as well, one of the reasons I went with it...

Dan
Old 07-24-2007, 07:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

WOW 77 pages. Peter you have had your work cut-out for you man. Great Job with everything, I think I would of blown a gasket already. No pun intended.

Can't wait until next, actually I can. I still dont have alot of parts, I better start ordering.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:20 AM
11 Second Club

for anyone interested...i posted a thread in the GP request section to see if anyone wants to offer a GP on the BMR K-members. no bites yet, but if we get a little more interest maybe someone will jump on it.

+1 on a great job Peter keeping up with everyone's questions...good job.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default restrictors

Originally Posted by Sixspeed02TA
Peter,

Will there be restrictors placed in the oil feed lines to the turbos? I didn't see any reference to them in the component list or the installation instructions. I've read numerous threads where people were having problems with high oil pressures blowing oil past the internal seals of the turbos. Just wondering how this was going to be addressed with your setup?

good question, i had to make sure on my TT 300zx that restrictors were placed in the lines when going from thrust bearings to ball bearing turbos.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:02 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TNTramair
for anyone interested...i posted a thread in the GP request section to see if anyone wants to offer a GP on the BMR K-members. no bites yet, but if we get a little more interest maybe someone will jump on it.

+1 on a great job Peter keeping up with everyone's questions...good job.
I tried it a month or so ago, and it's been tried before that with no luck.
I just got mine yesterday, I ordered from Thunder on "Freaky Friday"
Old 07-24-2007, 11:19 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by calongo_SS
I tried it a month or so ago, and it's been tried before that with no luck.
I just got mine yesterday, I ordered from Thunder on "Freaky Friday"
yeah..i came across your thread..figured id try again...but doesnt look like it'll fly...oh well.

Quick Reply: F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery