Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Kenne Bell supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 08:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVESS02
I'm wondering why the blower couldnt be mounted further forward with a manifold that hangs out past the front of the block. Mounting it far enough forward so you have to add a pulley on the end of the balancer would add quite a bit of space to the back. Maybe you couldnt intercool it but isnt the screw compressor efficient enough so that intercooling isnt an absolute requirement?

Even if a supercharger/turbocharger has 100% adiabatic efficiency an intercooler will be beneficial.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

look on the KB site, there is a rather large difference in available performance from an IC unit as compared to a non IC unit.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:39 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by AMERICAN_HP
Ok.....

Do you want the good news?? Or the good news??

I spent some time on the phone with Jim today, and he said he would be willing to lend a little help on a head unit/manifold setup for the F-Body....

Now before you start freaking out, there are a few things that need to be figured out..

He said yes he can space the drive out .88. He said that he can machine the oil seal/spacer in house on the first one, but he would have to have them custom made out of Sweden or something. This would take about 30 days (IF there was enough intrest.)

So the pulley/drive spacing is all handled.

Also, according to Jim, the Maggie and KB are almost identical in overall height. Theres 2 things that need to be taken into consideration though. 1) How far does the KB sit back on the manifold in relation to the Maggie. 2) Being that the KB is a "Traditional Mount" blower, the T/B ends up being on the side. This means its obviously WIDE. I am not familiar enough with the F-body to what how bad that affects things. (these questions are from me, not him.)

Someone mentioned to me about a different tensioner setup on the F-body. Any additional info would be VERY helpfull..

This DOES NOT mean that KB is going to start making an F-Body kit. This means that KB has said they will do what they can to assist in making a KB tuner kit available.

PLEASE, dont everyone start calling Kenne Bell.. This was a very very general phone conversation, and NOT an agreement to start making a kit...
any updates yet?
Old 02-24-2008, 09:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ANyone know the dimensions of the whipple 3.3 blower. It mus be bigger than the KB2.8 which is huge already
Old 02-24-2008, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sciff5
ANyone know the dimensions of the whipple 3.3 blower. It mus be bigger than the KB2.8 which is huge already
I was told by Whipple that it is 11"-12" tall versus 9.5" tall for the Kenne Bell.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

Dimensions on the Whipple 200AX (rear air inlet) are 14.92"L x 6.14"T x 8.86"W. You still need clearance to get air into the rear of this monster.

The 200R has about the same dimensions but the air inlet is on top instead. The rear-fed unit is slightly more efficient and flows slightly better. Both top out above 1500cfm.

I'm ordering the 200AX tomorrow now that I understand how to make it work with my A2A FMIC. Should be killer on the new 434" SBC.

Jim
Old 02-24-2008, 10:45 PM
TECH Resident

please, God, let someone find a way to put a KB or Whipple on a GTO, simply that is.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DeltaT
Dimensions on the Whipple 200AX (rear air inlet) are 14.92"L x 6.14"T x 8.86"W. You still need clearance to get air into the rear of this monster.

The 200R has about the same dimensions but the air inlet is on top instead. The rear-fed unit is slightly more efficient and flows slightly better. Both top out above 1500cfm.

I'm ordering the 200AX tomorrow now that I understand how to make it work with my A2A FMIC. Should be killer on the new 434" SBC.

Jim
thats going to be a nice combo Jim! is the 200R the 2.3ltr unit or the 3.3?? are you going to be mounting the SC like dragon do on the Vette systems??

Cheers

Chris.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:05 AM
TECH Addict

It's the 3.3 and I will either mount it the same way but farther forward (since I run a separate 8-rib in front of the regular serpentine), or I'll mount it flat in approx the same place. I'll work up a double stainless heatshield too, and try to get some airflow in between the 2 layers.

Jim

Last edited by DeltaT; 02-29-2008 at 12:54 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-28-2008, 09:36 PM
FormerVendor

I have a pnone call scheduled in 25 minutes to Australia..

And it aint for a Kangaroo....
Originally Posted by LiquidFire350
any updates yet?
Old 03-01-2008, 12:12 PM
TECH Resident

so how was that phone call?
Old 06-13-2008, 12:19 AM
On The Tree

Dammit, this thread shouldnt have died. any updates? was your kangaroo anything and everything you dreamed of?
Old 06-13-2008, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

yes this thread should have died.....

Kenne bell has no intention of making an f-body kit due to the fabrication required. if you really want on take it to your favorite shop and let them cut up your car to make it fit. it can be done but it wont be cheap.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Juiced
yes this thread should have died.....

Kenne bell has no intention of making an f-body kit due to the fabrication required. if you really want on take it to your favorite shop and let them cut up your car to make it fit. it can be done but it wont be cheap.

Thats strange...because in the new issue of GM hitech performance they say that KB has an F-body kit in the works.....wheather or not it will be C.A.R.B EO'd is a mystery....but I have the magazine in front of me....and it says the kit is in the works.....I dunno if this is some speculating on the Mag's part...or it's legit....but its in the Forced induction buyers guide section.....can't miss it....

(I'm not talking about you juiced)

Can anyone coment on this subject....maybe someone with an orange vette that actually talks with Jim Bell on the phone instead of a forum surfer who read about it written in sharpie on a ******* stall somewhere at a job site....not trying to be a dick....money talks and bullshit walks.....just the facts please....
Old 06-27-2008, 10:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JeRM82
Thats strange...because in the new issue of GM hitech performance they say that KB has an F-body kit in the works.....wheather or not it will be C.A.R.B EO'd is a mystery....but I have the magazine in front of me....and it says the kit is in the works.....I dunno if this is some speculating on the Mag's part...or it's legit....but its in the Forced induction buyers guide section.....can't miss it....

Can anyone coment on this subject....maybe someone with an orange vette that actually talks with Jim Bell on the phone instead of a forum surfer who read about it written in sharpie on a ******* stall somewhere at a job site....not trying to be a dick....money talks and bullshit walks.....just the facts please....

Well put...

given the oppurtunity to run a KB on my 98 t/a I would. with the torque provided down low, there would be no other option for me.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:40 AM
TECH Resident

given the option on a GTO, i wouldnt look at anyhing else either.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeRM82

Please let it be true, please let it be true....(But I'm not holding my breathe since I talked with them about 2 months ago and they didn't mention any plans for any other LS kits). They still haven't finished their C6 kit!
Old 06-28-2008, 02:00 PM
10 Second Club

KB is serious about the C6 kit now. Jim Bell bought one last week.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:52 PM
TECH Regular

gonna subscribe this one....and set about 7k in my piggy bank with fingers crossed =]
Old 07-13-2008, 11:40 AM
STP
Staging Lane

grn dragon you have a pic with a tape on it showing the height dont know why people would disaree with that me and a friend was going to do the same thing and if you lowered the k member and cut the cowl it would fit Jeff we talked to you about the same thing and you had a hard time returing phone calls and replying to our e-mails Ed we delt you with im not sure you can read a tape measure and kenne bell has there pricing way off i asked them the same about there 800 dollar price difference on the c5 kit versus the ls1 kit and they couldnt answer that either and didnt want to help with anything but there blowers are probably the best twin screws but there customer service sucks.

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell supercharger?