Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LSX is ready to be dropped in tomorrow (PICS!)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 08:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by veee8
I would think as the suspension compresses, the shaft will want to go further in, as opposed to out. I checked, it does not move much. Depending on how much you need, you might be able to trim down the slip yoke to get a little more clearance in there. I have about 1/2" slip until it bottoms out on mine. I was a little worried at first, but it works fine, btw TH400 with short tailshaft and yoke.
No, it pulls it out because when the tires are hanging they have no where to go but forward because of the lca's go at an angle. Once the lca's straighten out(car resting on wheels) the rear is at it's farthest position.

I ended up having almost exactly 1" of clearance after I lowered the car and with a little help of my adjustable lca's So problem fixed although I did run into another problem, the driveshaft wouldn't clear the loop, that was an easy fix though, I just hacked it off Sometimes I love my saw zaw. I'll have to get it rewelded on in the right spot before I go to the track. It didn't even come close to clearing it either, the th400 must sit a good 1" or so lower because I had plenty of room the way it was with the 4l60e.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by OnyxY2KSS
I thought you had an electric water pump from one of the pics I saw. Was that something else or did you decide to go with a remote pump in a different location?
Yeah, I decided to go remote mount so I sold that one and used the money on other misc stuff that I needed before I had to worry about the water pump. Now it's water pump time and I have no money
Old 08-09-2008, 01:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by rufretic
Yeah, I decided to go remote mount so I sold that one and used the money on other misc stuff that I needed before I had to worry about the water pump. Now it's water pump time and I have no money
Yea, well its ultimately what you wanted to do so just be happy that you did it right the first time
Old 08-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

vary nice!!! im jelous
Old 08-18-2008, 06:33 PM
10 Second Club

I got back in town from a weeks vacation and right back to work. I finished installing my shifter, still need to throw a couple covers on the console but you get the idea.

Now all I have left before start up is the water pump and the tensioner pulley. The pump I'm going with is a remote mount CSR with 37gpm. I think it will get the job done and it is only $239. Procharger has the pulley I need but it's $180 plus $160 for the belt Not too much left, if it wasn't tax time, I'd be able to start it this weekend. Maybe in a weeks or two I'll have the extra cash to finish
Old 08-18-2008, 08:48 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would normally never suggest this, but throw that **** on the plastic! I only say that as a purely selfish statement as I want to see this completed.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

got any pics of how u mounted the shifter?will be doing mine in the next couple days
Old 08-18-2008, 09:57 PM
10 Second Club

wow man i cant wait to see this done
Old 08-19-2008, 01:33 AM
8 Second Club

coool! now we want more pics
Old 08-19-2008, 06:44 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TS6
I would normally never suggest this, but throw that **** on the plastic! I only say that as a purely selfish statement as I want to see this completed.
Lol, I wish it was that easy. When I say I'm out of money, that means my credit line as well I'll be paying this little project off for the next 3 years
Old 08-19-2008, 06:49 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by trans2000am
got any pics of how u mounted the shifter?will be doing mine in the next couple days
I'll take some tonight. It was a big pain in the *** getting it to line up right with the consol, a lot of trial and error. Had to take the consol on and off about 20 times to get it right, each time I debated just leaving it off and puting one of those little covers over the shifter but I just didn't think it would look right without the consol.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:54 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1dirtyZ
coool! now we want more pics
More pics will come, I just don't really have anything new to show right now. I'm hoping to get my pipe work back from the shop this week all welded together with the bypass valve mounted. that should be picture worthy
Old 08-19-2008, 07:37 AM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol, I wish it was that easy. When I say I'm out of money, that means my credit line as well I'll be paying this little project off for the next 3 years

Oh......ouch.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'll take some tonight. It was a big pain in the *** getting it to line up right with the consol, a lot of trial and error. Had to take the consol on and off about 20 times to get it right, each time I debated just leaving it off and puting one of those little covers over the shifter but I just didn't think it would look right without the consol.
thanks ya i wanna keep center console intact as much as possible

thanks
Old 08-19-2008, 05:07 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know what you mean. That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I've bought all my parts in cash. Granted it's taken me 14 months and I don't have near all of them yet. At least you'll be able to enjoy yours while I'm still buying parts.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
I know what you mean. That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I've bought all my parts in cash. Granted it's taken me 14 months and I don't have near all of them yet. At least you'll be able to enjoy yours while I'm still buying parts.
That was the exact situation I was in, I had two choices because I knew I had to do it, it was just do it now and enjoy it while I pay a little extra in interest or wait till I saved up the money. I obviously chose do it now. It was for a couple reasons though. One, I'm not a good saver, I'd end up spending my money on other stupid things like the bar. Two, I'm in a serious relationship that's looking like marriage soon and of course kids(in other words 20 years before I could do it once that happens). And three, I'm just not very patient so I wanted it now lol. I did the same thing last year and had it payed off before the new build so now it starts again but this time the build will be much stronger and hopfully last much longer. The problem is this build is three times as much as my first but at least this time the cars paid off so I don't have to be making payments and paying full insurance while it's down.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:50 PM
10 Second Club

hope its all worth it and you aint selling this project in 6 months cuz you're up to your eyeballz in debt LOL.

Credit cards are the DEVIL.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:04 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
hope its all worth it and you aint selling this project in 6 months cuz you're up to your eyeballz in debt LOL.

Credit cards are the DEVIL.
Even if I part out in 6 months, I'll of had something most people will never have their whole life, at least I had it for 6 months. That won't happen though, I'm not worried about it. I do it pretty routinely, rack them up then pay them off.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by trans2000am
This gives you an idea but it's really just a matter of test fitting and getting the right height and placement before you mount it perminently.

And here is pretty close to the finished product.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the cobalt guages I had those in my first T/A.....Great job

Quick Reply: LSX is ready to be dropped in tomorrow (PICS!)