Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LSX is ready to be dropped in tomorrow (PICS!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 08:48 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It should get enough air to start and idle from the bypass valve alone. I highly doubt the belt is your issue. Ive thrown a belt before with my F1 and it would still run and drive fine (of course it wont make boost obviously)...
Old 09-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im guessing computer is fried
Old 09-08-2008, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah....I hate to say it too. Take out the PCM and see if someone is around so you can test it.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:35 PM
10 Second Club

After I check all the fuses tonight, I'm pulling the pcm and taking it over to speed inc so they can check to make sure it's working. The only doubt I have about the pcm being the problem is, I wouldn't think I would have spark if it was shot? It will be good to know though because if it checks out then that's one more thing to narrow it down. The crank sensor will be next.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Launching!

keep us posted
Old 09-08-2008, 02:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you install a double roller timing chain during this build?
Old 09-08-2008, 03:15 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pat-Man
Did you install a double roller timing chain during this build?
No, it's a cam motion ls2 chain & gear set. I didn't go double because I want to get a two piece timing cover for easy cam swaps but they don't work with the double timing chain.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:25 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Didn't read every post but did you try the ignition relay? That is what caused my car to not have spark a couple weeks ago. Pull one of the fan relays and put it in the ignition relay spot. try to fire it.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree that I do not think that the belt would be a problem. And I also like the possibilites of the ignition relay, especially after the starter issue.... I will try to find the documents when my car we burnt down and see if they state if they replaced any fueses.

Have you been able to get the PCM checked yet
Old 09-08-2008, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rufretic
No, it's a cam motion ls2 chain & gear set. I didn't go double because I want to get a two piece timing cover for easy cam swaps but they don't work with the double timing chain.
Hate to ask, but are you 100% sure your timing dots lined up? If your timing gear set has dots for advance/retard timing they can be confusing when lining them up (ask me how I know ).

Just a thought because your car sounds just like when we tried to fire my buddies car up after a cam swap.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:38 PM
10 Second Club

Hate to ask, but are you 100% sure your timing dots lined up? If your timing gear set has dots for advance/retard timing they can be confusing when lining them up (ask me how I know ).

Just a thought because your car sounds just like when we tried to fire my buddies car up after a cam swap.
That's cool, I'm looking for options on what it could be, but yes, I'm 100% on the dot's I've done a few cam swaps before. I pretty much have done every part on this car except the block, at least one time, most things more but I've done them all one at a time. That's what makes this project so challenging for me, is it's everything at once. Never really had any problems before but now with all this electrical crap I'm getting a little frustrated because there are so many things it could be and I'm not very good at diagnostics. I need to just keep checking things one by one and eventually, I'll get it all worked out.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You checked all your fuses already? Do you happen to have a Haynes manual handy? The have electrical diagrams in the back that can help trace wires. Electrical problems are a pain. There are hundreds of places to check. Once you get your PCM checked, I think you'll be able to narrow down the issue much faster.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:00 PM
10 Second Club

good luck with it man i hope you find it soon
Old 09-08-2008, 06:23 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ninetres
Didn't read every post but did you try the ignition relay? That is what caused my car to not have spark a couple weeks ago. Pull one of the fan relays and put it in the ignition relay spot. try to fire it.
Did you try that^^^?
Old 09-08-2008, 06:32 PM
10 Second Club

You checked all your fuses already? Do you happen to have a Haynes manual handy? The have electrical diagrams in the back that can help trace wires. Electrical problems are a pain. There are hundreds of places to check. Once you get your PCM checked, I think you'll be able to narrow down the issue much faster.
I hope I find a bad fuse tonight but no, haven't had a chance to check them yet.

Originally Posted by Rickys S/C Z28
good luck with it man i hope you find it soon
Thanks man, me too.

Originally Posted by ninetres
Did you try that^^^?
I have spark. A lot of suggestions I'm getting wouldn't give me spark. How would I go about checking relays anyway? Or do I have to swap them? I might as well check them while I'm doing the fuses.

I'm going to check the grounds behind the head too, to make sure one of those didn't break maybe?
Old 09-08-2008, 07:05 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by rufretic
I hope I find a bad fuse tonight but no, haven't had a chance to check them yet.

Thanks man, me too.

I have spark. A lot of suggestions I'm getting wouldn't give me spark. How would I go about checking relays anyway? Or do I have to swap them? I might as well check them while I'm doing the fuses.

I'm going to check the grounds behind the head too, to make sure one of those didn't break maybe?
I didn't read the thread good enough then. I thought you didn't have spark. Definitely check the ground on the back of the drivers side head.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Staging Lane

BADASS setup!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:26 PM
10 Second Club

Checked the fuses in the engine bay, they are all good. I also felt behind the drivers side head and the three gounds back there all feel good. I did find one tiny ground wire that's under the shifter console that didn't get bolted back on. I can see it with a flash lite but I can't reach it without removing the console. I doubt it has anything to do with starting but who knows, grounds are wierd. I'll have to get back under there and bolt it down. I did get the computer out so that will get checked also. Once I take care of the little ground and get the pcm back, I'll try to start it again.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ryan00z28camaro
BADASS setup!
Thanks man, I wish I could get it to start
Old 09-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Launching!

like i said prob the comp. good luck take video of it when it starts. would love to see it in action

Quick Reply: LSX is ready to be dropped in tomorrow (PICS!)