Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

1dirtyZ V3.2 build (F2 procharger , 427, etc. )

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sam you are in saudi right? What do you do out there or do you live permanently out there? That is a nice track

The camaro looks to be coming along pretty damn good. That track pass was NICE.

J
Old 06-19-2008, 01:15 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude.... an f1r maxed at 12 psi? You should at least be around 950 rwhp.... Are you getting belt slip or what? Especially on a 427.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:37 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks again venom, the blower was at 12 psi with the 427 , with the 408 i think i used to see 14 to 15 psi.

frcefed98, thanks for the kind words. you are correct , i live in riyadh, saudi arabia. i am originally from there and live there perminantly. the track you see is actually in the neighboring country of bahrain, hence the 250 mile trip each way to the track. you guys should see that track ! its the same track they hold the F1 races at and to say its a first class facility is an understatement!

qwiketz, i really don't think i'm getting belt slip ( i also put a cog drive setup on the car to verify - look for the pics soon). the car dynoed about 890 rwhp when i was in the states on pump gas with 408 , i'll dig up the video and post it.

if you are wondering about the boost numbers , you got to figure in the head flow , big headers , and monster cam the car has.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Launching!

890 wheel on pump gas sounds pretty strong and about right. My figure of 950 was considering race gas. That must be one hell of a car on the street!
Old 06-19-2008, 01:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I remember that car on the street YEARS ago. Was pretty nasty

If you're worried about weight, clean that 90 pounds of sand out of it and wash it sometimes! Haha I remember you saying "Why wash it? It's just going to get dirty again" haha.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the answers buddy, DL'ed the vid to add to my collection
Old 06-20-2008, 11:15 AM
8 Second Club

hey oso , how are you doing ?? loool, true , in the states back in houston , if i wash it it rains , in phoenix if i wash it birds think my car is toilet and take dumps on it , here , if i wash it i get a freak'n sand storm!

i also installed the carb intake and the elbow, now i need to fab up a tube from the intercooler to the TB.

you can see how this elbow clears the cowl and the plastic stuff on top of it . an added benifit of this elbow is that it has a wing type of thingy where it bends to help distribute the air better in the intake ( i'll try to get a pic of that soon)

and here is how the headlight cover brackets look like and how the front end looks with them on it

and in a further attempt to clean up the engine compartment (without actually washing it ) i relocated my methanol injection controoler to inside the car. tommorow i should be getting some stuff in from summit so i can proceed with a buch of stuff like plumbing in the accusump and other doodads.

i already installed the cog drive i made ( for the last round ) without the ATI super pulley just to see if all my work was properly lined up and working good ( well it worked great , untill i hit the revlimiter a few times and sheared the teeth off the cog belt - as expected )
Old 06-20-2008, 11:24 AM
8 Second Club

here is what i did to get the cog drive to work :

you start off with a stock ati bracket and notch it to clear the tensioner ( that i fabbed up at a local machine shop - along with the idler pulley and longer stan-offs):

i got a BDS crank cog locally and had the local machineshop redrill it to the ATI balance holes.i used a 55 tooth one here casue i was using a 36 blower cog and didn't want to risk over boosting it on the F1-R - you can also see the standoffs here ( bracket was not mounted properly in this pic)

here's a pic of the standoffs :

and here is the finished poduct

and when you are building a cog drive for 2 cars and a serpentine for a third , all while experimenting , you end up witj all these
Old 06-20-2008, 11:27 AM
8 Second Club

off couse all this is coming off as soon as i get the ATI super pulley , thats when the F2 goes on , the bigger crank cog goes on , the super pulley , and possibly a wider belt.

next up is relocating the tranny coolers to the where the headlights used to be ( i already did that , but i don't like how they are positioned and will redo them with fans on them).

so just so i remeber what i need to do & get tommorow, i need:
- X2 8" electric fans
- finish up the fule rail / reg. plumbing
- remove exhaust sheild from under tank to see if i can fit a sump on the tank
- mark & remove header extensions for welding evac. hose bung thingy
- get some soda for the fridge

Last edited by 1dirtyZ; 06-20-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:33 PM
On The Tree

What a POS!
Old 06-20-2008, 12:47 PM
11 Second Club

Nice build man so F2 will be in the same place as F1R???

Are you still going Super Street???
Old 06-20-2008, 12:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1dirtyZ
hey oso , how are you doing ?? loool, true , in the states back in houston , if i wash it it rains , in phoenix if i wash it birds think my car is toilet and take dumps on it , here , if i wash it i get a freak'n sand storm!
I'm doing pretty good man, are you back overseas or are you still out here?

I think our dust storms here are pretty bad, I couldn't imagine being caught in a sand storm like that. you must be a stock holder with K&N haha. I can keep away from the birds for the most part unless I go hang out on Mill Ave, if my car isn't getting **** on it's my shoulders. I lived in Dallas too so I know all about the rain I think I'd take birds over sand storms though lol. They need to just put a big *** parking lot out there and do away with all that.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:29 PM
8 Second Club

boosted, shut up and get your DSM running

venom , the F2 will be in the same place as the F1-R , just a bit forward so the cog doesn't hit the alternator pulley. and yes i'll still be in the superstreet class.

oso , i can back to saudi in earily may. you want to hear the bad part , we had 4 continuous days of that sand this week
Old 06-20-2008, 08:22 PM
10 Second Club

wow part numbers on that cog set up!!! very nice and do you have pics of how you built the tensioner and bracket?? wow man very cool
Old 06-21-2008, 02:29 AM
8 Second Club

the bracket is just the standard ATI F-body unit, it just has a notch on the side to clear the tensioner arm.

as for the cogs, just call up ATI ( the blower guys , not the tranny guys) and ask for a cog pulley in the tooth count you want that fits a standard ATI damper ( i'm not sure of the part number . the blower cog will be an ATI super pulley ( from the trans guys , not the blower guys) with p/n 916195-45 for the f1 regular rotation, 916195-45R for the F1 reverse rotation, and 916196-45R for the F2 reverse rotation.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1dirtyZ
you can see how this elbow clears the cowl and the plastic stuff on top of it . an added benifit of this elbow is that it has a wing type of thingy where it bends to help distribute the air better in the intake ( i'll try to get a pic of that soon)

)
wow brety good work ... and nice intake. btw what size for the TB ?

and I hope to see the mid 8 from your car ...
Old 06-21-2008, 05:19 AM
8 Second Club

thanks for the comments ! it is a nick williams 90 mm TB .
Old 06-21-2008, 09:32 AM
Banned

Nice work.

Got part#'s for the intake and elbow? Did u have to do any machining to have it fit the L98 heads and does it fit stock LS1 heads, too?
Old 06-21-2008, 09:55 AM
7 Second Club

Received 303 Likes on 203 Posts

Hey Sam it's looking good! How's things been over there? I finally broke down and put the TH400 in the car.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:07 PM
8 Second Club

blue camaro, the elbow is from summit (EDL-3847)-- better yet , look up ls1 elbow and check out your choices . one word of advice , if you don't have it , get the edelbrock throttle body with the elbow cause for some reason , the bottom bolt holes on the tb side of the elbow won't line up with the TB ( i had mine mashined to fit.)

the intake is from SDPC -----> and its a GM performance intake for the l-92 heads specifically , no machining required pn : 25534416 . they won't fit the LS1 style heads. ( for that look up edelbrocks manifolds)

hey nic , good to hear form ya! so you finally broke down and put a slushbox in there j/k
how do you like it so far?? did you get lower 1st and 2nd gears in there?

Quick Reply: 1dirtyZ V3.2 build (F2 procharger , 427, etc. )