Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

1dirtyZ V3.2 build (F2 procharger , 427, etc. )

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 12:37 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really like that pulley setup too. I'm going to show that to my friend who's been trying to figure out how to set one up.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:53 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just make sure you get the ones fom procharger , cause they are setup to be used with the ATI balancer and require no machining , unlike the BDS ones.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1dirtyZ
blue camaro, the elbow is from summit (EDL-3847)-- better yet , look up ls1 elbow and check out your choices . one word of advice , if you don't have it , get the edelbrock throttle body with the elbow cause for some reason , the bottom bolt holes on the tb side of the elbow won't line up with the TB ( i had mine mashined to fit.)

the intake is from SDPC -----> and its a GM performance intake for the l-92 heads specifically , no machining required pn : 25534416 . they won't fit the LS1 style heads. ( for that look up edelbrocks manifolds)
Thanks for the heads up. Ya Edelbrock Vr. Jr. EFi intake and then use the low profile Edelbrock elbow. Edelbrock TB won't work with drive by wire that I have but I can fab a plate/spacer in between the elbow and TB to mate them, no problem.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

where the hell do you live to see sand storms like that? West Texas? By the way that is super nice build you got going there.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

saudi arabia!!
Old 06-22-2008, 01:25 PM
7 Second Club

Received 302 Likes on 202 Posts

hey nic , good to hear form ya! so you finally broke down and put a slushbox in there j/k
how do you like it so far?? did you get lower 1st and 2nd gears in there?
Haha, yup it takes some getting used to not banging gears but I guess I have the GTO for that. Honestly with it being a turbo car I should have done the auto long ago. I just got the standard TH400 gear set in there. The transbrake just kicks *** with the turbo. I finished it just in time now that it's 115 outside it's time to go to the track and see what happens.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:04 PM
8 Second Club

thanks blue and 52172

yeah , overe here winter is the racing season and summer is the off season ( almost like in phoenix ). just make sure you have a big enough cooler on that thing - check out what i did
Old 06-23-2008, 02:23 AM
8 Second Club

well i got some stuff in from summit today , mostly fittings and what not.
so i decided to plumb the oil accumulator ( A.K.A accusump) using the rear oil galley bolt ( the allen key bolt right above the oil filter) ....... bad idea !!!!!

i removed the driver side header and the block off thingy just above the oil filter so i could try to thread in the fitting ( adapter from the block,s metric thread to -AN male fitting ), because the threaded hole was recessed and how it was angled, i could not thread it in easily and it was a royal pain to tighten , only to find that the 45 deg hose end ( any hose end for that matter ) would not fit in such a tight confine ......
so i proceeded with removing the fitting , and guess what , it won't turn ; i couldn't get a socket on there due to how the whole thing is recessed and i ended up maulling the edges off the fitting . which led me to drive a big screw driver through it so i could turn it

so now its back to plan A ( using the front port behing the alt. and relocating the alternator to the pass side head ).

i also managed to redo the tranny coolers ( and add one more in the process).
i now have enough coolers to start a new ice age , and enough oil capacity to jack up crude oil prices by $10

now i hace a fan cooling each side for the coolers too.

here you can see how i stacked 2 coolers on top of each other :

heres the driver side cooler, check out the BOV outlet : the outlet usually peeks through the foglight hole in the bumper , you can see how the part that peeked through got sandblasted !

all i have to do to finish this up is to ground both fans, mount and wire a relay for them in the car . i'm just debating weather to have them tied in to com on with the stock fans , or have them on with ignition with the option of a on/off switch to kill them if i want.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:45 PM
10 Second Club

so why are you useing so manytrans coolers? im not being a smart *** i just realy dont know?
Old 06-24-2008, 02:09 AM
8 Second Club

lool, i have a thing against tranny heat

seriously, i just thought that since i don't have the space to run one huge cooler , i might as well run 2 smaller coolers ( the third one was a spur of the moment idead )
Old 06-24-2008, 04:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Looks slow.

I remember back in the day when you tried to get me to race you with my heads/cam N/A Fbody for $$$. I knew better.

Good luck with the build Sam. Nic, with a slushbox? I never thought I'd see the day.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:08 PM
8 Second Club

oh my god! where did you come out from!?? good to hear from you , how have you been doing man??

it seemed to me like a good race : you and your heads/cam camaro , against my bolt-on camaro

i agree , times are changing, before you know it nic will be driving hybrid and tuning solar powered cars
Old 06-24-2008, 06:46 PM
TECH Junkie

oh my god! where did you come out from!?? good to hear from you , how have you been doing man??

it seemed to me like a good race : you and your heads/cam camaro , against my bolt-on camaro

i agree , times are changing, before you know it nic will be driving hybrid and tuning solar powered cars
Got out of the racing scene a few years ago and sold the Fbody after I got a CTS-V. No more time for racing these days. Been doing well otherwise Still check in every here and there to see what's going on in the LSx world.

Since when are blowers and built motors bolt-ons?
Old 06-24-2008, 07:16 PM
10 Second Club

lool, i have a thing against tranny heat

seriously, i just thought that since i don't have the space to run one huge cooler , i might as well run 2 smaller coolers ( the third one was a spur of the moment idead )
o then i understand that
Old 06-25-2008, 03:13 AM
8 Second Club

ugh! waiting for part sucks! still waiting for stuff to show up
Old 06-25-2008, 05:50 PM
8 Second Club

got my super pulley in today! got to take it to the machine shop to narrow it down a bit ( need to shave 12 mm off it - about .5 inch) i also swapped the crank cog from the 55 tooth one ( the chrome one in the pics) to the 73 tooth one . this got me into some fitment issues with the tensioner hitting the cog. i also found out that the brace i use on the back of the blower that attatches to the oil pan bolt hits the blower cog ( the damn thing is huge (45 tooth ! ) .
so its off tomorow to the machine shop to :
- machine a new bracket with a bigger / different notch in the side ( i want to use the old one for the stang
- fab up a new brace with a decent bend in it to clear the cog.
- get a new tensioner and machine a slot in the arm so the arm length can be adjusted

i'll post pics tomorow of the super pulley and the bracket if it is done.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:29 PM
7 Second Club

Jeez it's like an OG AZ reunion all up in here. lol.

Yes Verbs, it was time to see what the real capability of this car was at the strip so the T56 had to go. Turbos and autos are seemingly made for each other. Now that I hooked up the transbrake we will see what it does on friday on low boost/street trim with 115 deg heat.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Launching!

Hey Nic... Firebird?
Old 06-26-2008, 04:02 PM
7 Second Club

Yup, firebird.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:46 PM
8 Second Club

i miss phoenix

Quick Reply: 1dirtyZ V3.2 build (F2 procharger , 427, etc. )