Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

in trouble

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 03:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default in trouble

hey .i'm in trouble here.
i've tried a mail order tune,diablo,and now hptuners +lm-1.throw in all the 3 sets of plugs ,gas filled mobile 1 oil,tow.new battery,hours and hours of trying to figure this out.i now know i need a tune that works.there are NO tuners and no tubo guys in mobile ,and i;ve been at it for over six months.one guy sent a 0-50 ifr table and it is helping but not there yet.
2004 c5 z06,stock ls6,42 injectors,no cats,all stock except top TT kit(ptk style) and injectors.does have 62# fuel pressure at idle.MSD pump booster set in the middle.
we have looked in the repository and at least got an 04 ls6 stock tune.mail order co. has mine.
please fell free to call if you need or can tell me the way to the road again:burnout: mike in mobile
Old 06-28-2008, 03:37 PM
FormerVendor

For a calibration as such, it is best to have a dyno tune done specific to your vehicle.

We have had customers as far as canada down to where your from, come in for a dyno tune. Long drive, but after its all said and done it will be worth the hassle.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

Default just called

just called you,mike 251-382-1084
Old 06-28-2008, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried vengence in cumming GA? >>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 06-28-2008, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Default ga?

thanks,never heard of them. allot off folks here go the Atlanta way to buy and modify there cars.sounds like its just to far for my car.i still have a few bugs.it does not run well enough to leave the subdivision.i was towed home last night(new battery died).when the AAA driver knows you it's a problem.
on top of that i can't think of any other way to get that kind of money.i;m on disability and all my reserves and credit cards are long gone.i was hoping to get back out and sell some cars to pay for this.my wife is being very cool,she loves cars to.i think HPtuners pro was the limit,sold her pretty hard.now it's just another of many wasted time(6 months) dollars($1400.+) trying to tune this car.

mike
Old 06-28-2008, 09:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by zo6 vett
thanks,never heard of them. allot off folks here go the Atlanta way to buy and modify there cars.sounds like its just to far for my car.i still have a few bugs.it does not run well enough to leave the subdivision.i was towed home last night(new battery died).when the AAA driver knows you it's a problem.
on top of that i can't think of any other way to get that kind of money.i;m on disability and all my reserves and credit cards are long gone.i was hoping to get back out and sell some cars to pay for this.my wife is being very cool,she loves cars to.i think HPtuners pro was the limit,sold her pretty hard.now it's just another of many wasted time(6 months) dollars($1400.+) trying to tune this car.

mike
Vengence is the **** Im sure mike can send you a bin file to get you close to bring it up for a tune. I think mobile and cummings GA are like 4 hours apart. I have read how guys e mail tunes or some what. give hem a call they should get you straight. I paid 450 for a tune and they had all tpes of problems with my sts car still got it done great bunch guys.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

Default i'll call

monday first thing.i tried the mail order tune once,no luck
Old 06-28-2008, 09:22 PM
TECH Resident

What are you talking about no tuners in Mobile Al. Try James @ Runnin With the Devil. He's in Mobile & a great tuner. Has a car dyno & bike dyno.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:15 AM
On The Tree

Default try to get intouch

i tried many times ,went over twice.his shop is 10to15 min. from my house.there is know way he doesn't know of my car and my troubles.Mobile is a very small town.I've heard him called bubba or gay bubba.has a bad rep in some circles for popping fords but, i like make up my own mind.mobile is tuff,took two years to get my roofer back for a leak.
if you and him are buds by all means have him call,251-382-1084 .i just figured he was out.TPC just closed last week.(the other dyno shop)
i do have the hptuners so if you have a file i could look at

thanks for taking the time to help,mike
Old 06-29-2008, 02:57 AM
11 Second Club

thunder racing in baton rouge, La. notin but good ****!
Old 06-29-2008, 05:58 AM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Spending a day or 2 taking the car to a decent tuner, will certainly be a lot cheaper, and less hassle AND yield good results, than dicking about yourself.
More so when you dont know what you are doing, and are just throwing money away at every opportunity thinking it will magically give you something in return.

You could probably have saved thousands doing it properly first time around.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Default thunder raceing

i bought parts from them.

I've been nice about the tuning situation down here.people keep saying how good there tuners are,i believe you!
if had my choice i would have listened to Charlie Williams @RPM motors three months ago and shipped it to so. cal.
i know i can not afford to spend $500.00 for a tune,$1500.00 plus to haul it out of state,hotel,time off work for my wife; who would insist on going.not to mention three boys 17,20,and 24.that are involved in this deal.

diablo said buy there hand held,i did
diablo said buy a CMR,$300.00+(still have to dyno)
the forum said by mail order tune,i did(sent wrong one)lost stock tune
the mail order said buy hp tuners,i did(waiting for contact return)
hp tuners said go to school,$800.00++

look, i have been at this sense December.i am learning a allot of rely cool stuff including how to type.
i just need a tune off the repository from a running and driving ls6,MAF,42# tune.
i can get dyno time for $45.00 hr.another friend who has hpt ls1 all years,unlimited.he does not what to feel like he'll owe me a motor if it pops.so he will not even try.
thaks guys ,i know you all mean well
hey we've got room(5 br,pool) if any one wants a golf coast vacation

mike in mobile
Old 06-29-2008, 02:55 PM
9 Second Club

Have you tried XXX in Pensacola? John is a good tuner.
I just re-read your setup. You have a TT kit and only 42lb. injectors?????
You should atleast upgrade to 60lb. injectors also.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
Have you tried XXX in Pensacola? John is a good tuner.
I just re-read your setup. You have a TT kit and only 42lb. injectors?????
You should atleast upgrade to 60lb. injectors also.
That depends completely on how much boost you run and # of cubic inches. I ran my 427 with 42# injectors initially with only 8 psi with no real problems. I upgraded since because of safety and increasing the boost to 18 psi.

Mike,
As for your problem, I think some more info might help people assist you in getting your car going. Unfortunately, I don't have HPtuners. I'm an EFI live type of guy so I can't even look at your tune. My tune I had on my stock LS6 and 8 psi supercharger w/ 42# injectors won't even help you out since that was with LS1 Edit (a long time ago). Are you running speed density or with a MAF? You mentioned the battery with your PTK kit. How is your alternator charging. I spent 2 years trying to get an alternator to charge correctly on mine. Just got it worked out 2 weeks ago (needed a smaller pulley and found a bad regulator).

Derrick
Old 06-29-2008, 04:58 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by tazinhawaii
That depends completely on how much boost you run and # of cubic inches. I ran my 427 with 42# injectors initially with only 8 psi with no real problems. I upgraded since because of safety and increasing the boost to 18 psi.

Mike,
As for your problem, I think some more info might help people assist you in getting your car going. Unfortunately, I don't have HPtuners. I'm an EFI live type of guy so I can't even look at your tune. My tune I had on my stock LS6 and 8 psi supercharger w/ 42# injectors won't even help you out since that was with LS1 Edit (a long time ago). Are you running speed density or with a MAF? You mentioned the battery with your PTK kit. How is your alternator charging. I spent 2 years trying to get an alternator to charge correctly on mine. Just got it worked out 2 weeks ago (needed a smaller pulley and found a bad regulator).

Derrick

Actually , your injector size is related to how much HP you make, or want to make, not the boost you make! Injectors don't care about CI. either.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Default alt.

stock 14 vdc setup with a very east band iron bracket and loose nuts and bolts.had a bead put on at the muffler shop when he cut out the cats.i have pics i you want.idlers and tensioner change around a bit.belt was a spare from our aurora.i have a intermittent sequel.could be from the junk yard parts i used.i don't drive much as so to let it charge back up.,maybe afetr it's tuned
mike
Old 06-29-2008, 05:38 PM
On The Tree

Default set up

i have been researching this mod sense last September.all the numbers were figured right.my problem was i studied up for a tune first and was sold on the diablo cmr program has the way to go for someone who had NO reliable tuners.i was looking for support locally as so i could change up when ever.STS does there tunes this way.many hours have spent(money to) for me to get were i'm at.
data--
ls6,bone stock
ptk style TT kit,8psi,10psi w/meth by summers end
lucas 42's ,rated @45
62lbs. fuel pressure on the rail
MSD pump booster w/ racetronics plug in play harness
plan to have 600 rwhp
put in all new shafts and a 700hp clutch kit

i'll go to 60# next couple of years when i save for the turbo motor,we will see
i want a MAF tune so it can be driven everyday.

stay with me guy's i need the help i can get
mike
Old 06-29-2008, 06:58 PM
9 Second Club

sounds like you could account for the injectors in the IFR table....have the PE table kick in pretty early at like 60%tps....add fuel to the pe vs rpm table and be damn close. Not the best way but easy.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

I'll run it by the boys,I've received one other tune and it is logging good.remember this harder to learn than Spanish.i am the nuts and bolts,son SAM 17 means well,son Michael very quick study,and Gunther my 19 yr. old computer science major friend who has had hpt for two years.one other local has hp and thats all we can find around these parts.20/20 hind sight would'nt do it any other way.we will be the game in mobile .might even set up shop.retirement sucks after ten years
Old 06-29-2008, 09:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had to waste 5 quarts of mobile 1 friday. I installed some seimens Decka 55# injectors and scaled them with the excel spreadsheet. I use HPT to tune my car and on the IFR table the text definition of the table says its in g/sec & in the right corner of that same dialouge box it says the min & max values are lb/hr. I went with the g/sec and entered those values when really the table is in lb/hr, well the car refused to start.

I baisicly told my car it had 8 pound injectors so it made the actual 55# injectors give it all they had and it flooded the cylinders. I changed the settings and it ran crappy, then thats when i got the bright idea to check the oil for contamination and boy did it smell like gas. Hope I didnt tear anything up, it only ran 10 seconds like that but man was that a hard way to learn a lesson. I asked HPT and they said it wasnt a typo but the g/sec statement should be removed from that scroll text.

I think your IFR table may be way off too to do something like that.

Quick Reply: in trouble