Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

VIDEO of Superchargered F-Body by MTI Racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 12:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 904 Likes on 645 Posts

This is the reason I ask if it just replaced the intake. The APS TT kit is about the same price as this. That's a whole kit with piping, two turbos, intercooler and so on. This replaces the intake.

Why are they the same price? I am not trying to start a war I just would like to know.

Jason
Old 07-17-2008, 08:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
This is the reason I ask if it just replaced the intake. The APS TT kit is about the same price as this. That's a whole kit with piping, two turbos, intercooler and so on. This replaces the intake.

Why are they the same price? I am not trying to start a war I just would like to know.

Jason
Not sure I understand your ? They are totally different setups.

If you sell your intake that makes this kit cheaper.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is actually a good point. I guess the blower is a very very expensive part.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:55 PM
10 Second Club

Im hoping I can snag one of these magnacharger kits come winter time
Old 07-18-2008, 12:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98catfish
Not sure I understand your ? They are totally different setups.

If you sell your intake that makes this kit cheaper.
Maggy=replaces intake, no MAF, comes with injectors I think

APS= two turbos, stainless piping, blow off valves, cast iron manifolds, huge intercooler

Same price.

See my point?
Old 07-18-2008, 01:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

look at hp per dollar and how far both will take you...and twins sound better than sex....but a roots blower hmmm not that would be like sex with your top three hottest. but your paying for different styles and instead of intercooling your cooling water, theres alot more to these kits than what you see, gmht mag there buyers guid shows all the lmp kit theres alot more to the kit than you think
Old 07-18-2008, 01:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

that makes sense. I was trying to find out the difference. I agree, just because of the sound makes me want the magnacharger!
Old 07-18-2008, 10:50 AM
TECH Regular

Maggy=replaces intake, no MAF, comes with injectors I think

APS= two turbos, stainless piping, blow off valves, cast iron manifolds, huge intercooler

Same price.

See my point?
Not really!

The maggie comes w/a new intake, blower, intercooler, heat exchanger,ic pump,inj, tune,billlet 90mm t/body,magnavolt,ect.

Neither kit comes w/ a MAF.
W/ all you get the maggie kit is actually alot cheaper. I mean after you sell your intake and MAF.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Not really!

The maggie comes w/a new intake, blower, intercooler, heat exchanger,ic pump,inj, tune,billlet 90mm t/body,magnavolt,ect.

Neither kit comes w/ a MAF.
W/ all you get the maggie kit is actually alot cheaper. I mean after you sell your intake and MAF.

That's exactly what I was trying to find out. But for some reason there is no actual info in this thread except for it cost this much.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:15 AM
TECH Regular

That's exactly what I was trying to find out. But for some reason there is no actual info in this thread except for it cost this much.
Well I will agree w/ that MTI is definitely lacking in the info dept.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had no idea it came with injectors
Old 07-19-2008, 09:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd like to know which kit is the easier install, this or a Procharger? The Mag looks like a great kit, but I'm still a little uneasy about cutting on my car. Plus, with a Procharger when you get bored with 500hp you can always forge the internals and add more boost.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:15 PM
TECH Regular

The maf is really not an option on the maggie! You wuold really have to get creative the get a maf in there?
I know Cali is strict but what does the MAF have to do w/ smog? If the ve is right then you wont have any problem w/ passing the sniffer.
I know my maggie says off road ues only, ie. no carb #. So I think you would have more problems getting around that than the MAF thing.

Doug
Old 07-19-2008, 12:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
I'd like to know which kit is the easier install, this or a Procharger? The Mag looks like a great kit, but I'm still a little uneasy about cutting on my car. Plus, with a Procharger when you get bored with 500hp you can always forge the internals and add more boost.
500 is NOT the limit w/ the Maggie W/ H/C/Alchy Full bolt ons. You can pretty easily get 600. Mine is making 505/500 bone stock motor w/ headers/catback. I just Installed the Alchy and I am getting a retune on monday. Should be around 525. Remember i have a stock cam and stock heads. I will be at or around 600 w/ H/C.

As far as cutting on the car. Its only a piece about 4" wide x 1" deep and will never be seen. The cut is covered by the plastic cowl. I also dont get every bodys issue w/ this small cut. These cars are a dime a dozen, I mean they are not collector cars and if your putting on a supercharger then its no longer stock so you've diminished the value anyway.

I dont get it! you supercharge a car but worry about.... What, resale?

Doug
Old 07-19-2008, 12:41 PM
TECH Resident

Location: sneaking in your back door as you leave!/cartersville ga

500 is NOT the limit w/ the Maggie W/ H/C/Alchy Full bolt ons. You can pretty easily get 600. Mine is making 505/500 bone stock motor w/ headers/catback. I just Installed the Alchy and I am getting a retune on monday. Should be around 525. Remember i have a stock cam and stock heads. I will be at or around 600 w/ H/C.

As far as cutting on the car. Its only a piece about 4" wide x 1" deep and will never be seen. The cut is covered by the plastic cowl. I also dont get every bodys issue w/ this small cut. These cars are a dime a dozen, I mean they are not collector cars and if your putting on a supercharger then its no longer stock so you've diminished the value anyway.

I dont get it! you supercharge a car but worry about.... What, resale?

Doug
you need to see the size of the flucking hole i cut in my car.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:53 PM
TECH Addict

I'd like to be able to bring my car back to 100% stock if I have to. I keep all my stock parts, bolts, etc, and don't like cutting on my car. It's a garage queen with 15k miles on it but I'm greedy and want it faster too.

From what I've seen 500, or somewhere around there, is the limit with bolts-ons and you have to do Heads / cam to get more out of it. With a Procharger you have a lot more boost to play with.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
I'd like to be able to bring my car back to 100% stock if I have to. I keep all my stock parts, bolts, etc, and don't like cutting on my car. It's a garage queen with 15k miles on it but I'm greedy and want it faster too.

From what I've seen 500, or somewhere around there, is the limit with bolts-ons and you have to do Heads / cam to get more out of it. With a Procharger you have a lot more boost to play with.
True you cant make 15+#s w/ a Maggie but you can always pulley it to increase the boost.
If you make 600 then you are going to be too fast at most tracks and be required to put in roll bars whick are not real easy to remove for stock.

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure cutting is required to get air to air intercoolers in for the procharger.

BTW did you change your location because I'm certain it said Cali earlier!
Doug
Old 07-19-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by red83
you need to see the size of the flucking hole i cut in my car.
Quit Jacking threads and bring me my fukin wheels.

Doug
Old 07-19-2008, 05:54 PM
TECH Resident

Location: sneaking in your back door as you leave!/cartersville ga

no hijacking. just talking about holes

you have to buy me some new ones first!
Old 07-19-2008, 07:57 PM
TECH Addict

True you cant make 15+#s w/ a Maggie but you can always pulley it to increase the boost.
If you make 600 then you are going to be too fast at most tracks and be required to put in roll bars whick are not real easy to remove for stock.

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure cutting is required to get air to air intercoolers in for the procharger.

BTW did you change your location because I'm certain it said Cali earlier!
Doug

Well, I never go to the track anyways so I don't really care about that. Could be right about cutting for the procharger intercoolers, i'd have to look at the instructions again. This is a very appealing kit even with the cowl cut. I'm looking to go FI next season so hopefully by then there will be a lot more info.

And although a beautiful state, i've never lived in Cali....too many liberals.

Quick Reply: VIDEO of Superchargered F-Body by MTI Racing