Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Where To Buy Parts For 6 Rib To 8 Rib Conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 02:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where To Buy Parts For 6 Rib To 8 Rib Conversion?

I need to convert my 6 rib D1SC to an 8 rib set up. I need to know were to get the parts and I dont want to have to buy a new balancer. I would like to put the crank pulley on the outside of my stock balancer like the 6 rib.

Thanks
Old 09-26-2008, 09:18 PM
TECH Regular

Holy crap do a fking search Douche bag. J/K
http://www.atiperformanceproducts.co...harger.kit.htm

There you go Michael
Old 09-26-2008, 11:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=716
Old 09-27-2008, 12:11 AM
TECH Regular

I'm sure EPP can correct me if I'm wrong about included items in their kit, but I was quoted half that price direct from Procharger. Getting the 8 rib crank and blower pulleys, standoffs, misc bolts and fasteners which are longer/different than the 6 rib kit, spacers for the blower pulley, and a belt, only thing not included was the idler on the bracket. In the end you still have to buy the ATI Balancer.

Now as for the OP's original point, you stated you want an 8 rib crank pulley that can attach to the stock balancer. There is only one company I am aware of with an option like this, SDCE.

When I spoke with them about it they would only sell it to me if I also bought their entire bracket kit (Tensioned setup). Also they told me they do not recommend this style crank pulley for anything more than mild boosted setups.

I wish you luck in your search.

Last edited by Aster; 09-27-2008 at 12:46 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:37 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Aster
I'm sure EPP can correct me if I'm wrong about included items in their kit, but I was quoted half that price direct from Procharger. Getting the 8 rib crank and blower pulleys, standoffs, misc bolts and fasteners which are longer/different than the 6 rib kit, spacers for the blower pulley, and a belt, only thing not included was the idler on the bracket. In the end you still have to buy the ATI Balancer.

Now as for the OP's original point, you stated you want an 8 rib crank pulley that can attach to the stock balancer. There is only one company I am aware of with an option like this, SDCE.

When I spoke with them about it they would only sell it to me if I also bought their entire bracket kit (Tensioned setup). Also they told me they do not recommend this style crank pulley for anything more than mild boosted setups.

I wish you luck in your search.

My price includes a new bracket assembly which is why it is more expensive.

SDCE is correct in saying they don't recommend the factory balancer for higher boost applications. The reason is the stock balancer is not designed for the crank pulley to bolt to it, other than with the center crank bolt. Bob
Old 09-27-2008, 11:05 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
My price includes a new bracket assembly which is why it is more expensive.

SDCE is correct in saying they don't recommend the factory balancer for higher boost applications. The reason is the stock balancer is not designed for the crank pulley to bolt to it, other than with the center crank bolt. Bob
Ahh that would be it I misread that on your kit, my apologies.

And I take your advice seriously for the stock balancer not being designed for it. Which is why I chose to go with a new balancer after researching it.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 98catfish

There you go Michael
Why does this kit include a power steering pulley, a tensioner with bearing and an alternator pulley? I thought it was to convert the supercharger to an 8 rib not the whole acc. drive?
Old 09-28-2008, 11:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 9t8z28
Why does this kit include a power steering pulley, a tensioner with bearing and an alternator pulley? I thought it was to convert the supercharger to an 8 rib not the whole acc. drive?
That is for those that run the SC directly off the main accessory belt. This wouldn't work for a standard F-Body Procharger kit.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98catfish

There you go Michael
Laughing my *** off...

Quick Reply: Where To Buy Parts For 6 Rib To 8 Rib Conversion?