Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

How much rwhp are the stock fuel rails and lines good for?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How much rwhp are the stock fuel rails and lines good for?

How much rwhp are the stock fuel rails and lines good for? I am building a 408 w/ the APS 427 TT kit. This is a street car with around (850-1000rwhp). I was going to run 2 255 pumps with 80lbs injectors's and stock rails and lines.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you're going to want a return system with a boost referenced regulator which you would need new rails for
Old 03-10-2009, 01:01 AM
I'm Mike Hutto

Run 2 Bosch 044 pumps with your tank in the car sumped. Y them back together running -8an from both pumps to a single -10an. Feed the drivers side rear rail, crossover in the front and come off the passenger rear with a regulator and a return to go back down the pass side of the car back to your tank. simplest way to effectively have fuel volume for the power you are trying to run. 96lb injectors with an injector driver NOT 80's.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rapin'Ya
Run 2 Bosch 044 pumps with your tank in the car sumped. Y them back together running -8an from both pumps to a single -10an. Feed the drivers side rear rail, crossover in the front and come off the passenger rear with a regulator and a return to go back down the pass side of the car back to your tank. simplest way to effectively have fuel volume for the power you are trying to run. 96lb injectors with an injector driver NOT 80's.
Thanks mike. How are your projects coming along?
Old 03-10-2009, 06:30 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Rapin'Ya
Your post does the worst job of answering, "How much rwhp are the stock fuel rails and lines good for?"
Old 03-10-2009, 09:37 AM
I'm Mike Hutto

Originally Posted by Somebody09
Your post does the worst job of answering, "How much rwhp are the stock fuel rails and lines good for?"
They are good for 600rwhp at most. Your mom does the worst at finishing her job so I just tell her how to do it so its done right. Comprende keyboard commando?

All projects are at stand still. No job, living on savings, and trying to rush a finish in school so I can make my move into Nursing.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:54 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dual walbros, stock fuel line, aftermarket rails, boost referenced regulator and the new 80's at 58psi base will easily handle 1000rwhp.

We have used the stock feed line and fuel filter to 1100+rwhp. Never used stock rails past around 700rwhp so I'm not sure at what point they would be a limiting factor.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hmmm, yours doesn't seem to be doing any better although yours lacks any real info at all.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:12 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

We tuned a 00 C5 with a Racetronix hot wire kit, stock lines, stock rails to 786 rwhp.

Fuel pressure was starting to drop at about 5900 rpm, but it made plenty of power before that, well past 600 rwhp as has been stated....
Old 03-10-2009, 01:31 PM
TECH Resident

Wow, mama insults? Even if you aren't still under the age of 6, I think they're kind of dated, like tapered jeans. Surely you have the mental capacity to come up with something a bit more creative.

I wasn't even trying to answer the question as I was just as interested in knowing the stock rails & line limit myself, so it would seem natural that someone looking for information on the mighty LS1tech becomes a little annoyed when a stupid and unrelated answer to a simple question is given.

Oh well!
Old 03-16-2009, 09:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by INTMD8
Dual walbros, stock fuel line, aftermarket rails, boost referenced regulator and the new 80's at 58psi base will easily handle 1000rwhp.

We have used the stock feed line and fuel filter to 1100+rwhp. Never used stock rails past around 700rwhp so I'm not sure at what point they would be a limiting factor.
Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
We tuned a 00 C5 with a Racetronix hot wire kit, stock lines, stock rails to 786 rwhp.

Fuel pressure was starting to drop at about 5900 rpm, but it made plenty of power before that, well past 600 rwhp as has been stated....

What about the shock absorber/pulse dampener (the thing that looks like a pressure regulator on LS1 stock rails), can you keep that? This is what I think I would like to do for now, dont think I'll be near those HP#'s anytime soon.

What do you do for a return line, just install a 90* -6 male bulkhead in the top of the sender? I assume it would be okay to use the test port on the rails for the return?
Old 03-17-2009, 01:38 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport

Exactly!

We have customer cars running modified factory rails making over 1000FWHP.

Over apx. 650-700 HP they typically have a FM FPR.

With a bit of know-how and a handful of basic steel fittings LS1 and LS2 rails can be easily modified to support very high HP levels.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 03-17-2009, 08:08 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Racetronix
Exactly!

We have customer cars running modified factory rails making over 1000FWHP.

Over apx. 650-700 HP they typically have a FM FPR.

With a bit of know-how and a handful of basic steel fittings LS1 and LS2 rails can be easily modified to support very high HP levels.
So are people leaving the pulse dampener in place or are they somehow removing it?
Old 03-27-2009, 04:05 PM
Staging Lane

Wow, mama insults? Even if you aren't still under the age of 6, I think they're kind of dated, like tapered jeans. Surely you have the mental capacity to come up with something a bit more creative.

I wasn't even trying to answer the question as I was just as interested in knowing the stock rails & line limit myself, so it would seem natural that someone looking for information on the mighty LS1tech becomes a little annoyed when a stupid and unrelated answer to a simple question is given.

Oh well!

Quick Reply: How much rwhp are the stock fuel rails and lines good for?