Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

79lb racetronics

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 08:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 79lb racetronics

i am considering buying these for my set up. anyone running them? do you like em? will be running 12-14 lbs boost with dual walbros and boost a pump on stock lines and rails
Old 04-16-2009, 09:06 AM
On The Tree

might be overkill,I am running 14 psi on my truck with 60's and not over 65% IDC,but too much is better than not enough!
Old 04-16-2009, 09:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default ..

Originally Posted by allballz57
might be overkill,I am running 14 psi on my truck with 60's and not over 65% IDC,but too much is better than not enough!
i was figuring it will leave a little room for growth. i would go bigger but havent found any high imp that are bigger. anyone know of any? if so how about a link. also whats the best price anyone has seen on the 79's
Old 04-16-2009, 09:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They are going to suck to tune/drive, I'd look for a low impedance and get a driver box.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got them. No issue with drivability or tuning.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:03 PM
10 Second Club

Ive got them too. I am still tuning since making several changes but it looks like they are going to be fine.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:29 PM
TECH Resident

What rwhp they are good to @ 60 psig fuel pressure?
Old 04-16-2009, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
They are going to suck to tune/drive, I'd look for a low impedance and get a driver box.
I have them also, they were real easy to set up, no tuning issues at all.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:23 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Denali08
I am running meth, but you should be able to break 1k rwhp easily.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:25 PM
TECH Resident

guys.... use www.rceng.com/technical I do have a sticky in this main page under fuel and injection.

you can calculate all your numbers there, if you have questions, PM me
Old 04-18-2009, 09:08 AM
Former Vendor

Just some advice on disc injectors.

They have some great flow advantages, quick response, good spray pattern, etc. We also sell disc injectors. The one thing they do NOT DO is handle additional uncompensated fuel pressure increases (ie, static increases and not an increase that is balanced by a rise in manifold pressure). You can jack the pressure up on pintle injectors like the Siemens 60lb or 80lb injectors quite high and see an increase in flow. If you try to do this with a disc injector, it may become inconsistent and with enough pressure will eventually fail to open possibly leading to lean conditions and eventually engine armageddon. So, DO NOT EXCEED THE DESIGN PRESSURE ON DISC INJECTORS! To do so is to risk your engine.

Here is a great simple pdf explaining the design differences:
http://www.bmotorsports.com/download...tor_design.pdf

Here is a great example video put together by another sponsor on this forum. Normally a competitor of ours, we are happy he put this video together because it is quick and useful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oTirEZNRw8

I should note that in the above video, the newer Lucas disc design still flows well at higher pressures and this is the same style disc injector we sell whereas the older Multecs completely fail at higher pressures. Regardless of the design however, we still recommend against raising the static fuel pressure of any disc injector to increase fuel flow.

Last edited by Bmotorsports; 04-18-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:09 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bmotorsports
Just some advice on disc injectors.

They have some great flow advantages, quick response, good spray pattern, etc. We also sell disc injectors. The one thing they do NOT DO is handle additional uncompensated fuel pressure increases (ie, static increases and not an increase that is balanced by a rise in manifold pressure). You can jack the pressure up on pintle injectors like the Siemens 60lb or 80lb injectors quite high and see an increase in flow. If you try to do this with a disc injector, it may become inconsistent and with enough pressure will eventually fail to open possibly leading to lean conditions and eventually engine armageddon. So, DO NOT EXCEED THE DESIGN PRESSURE ON DISC INJECTORS! To do so is to risk your engine.

Here is a great simple pdf explaining the design differences:
http://www.bmotorsports.com/download...tor_design.pdf

Here is a great example video put together by another sponsor on this forum. Normally a competitor of ours, we are happy he put this video together because it is quick and useful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oTirEZNRw8

I should note that in the above video, the newer Lucas disc design still flows well at higher pressures and this is the same style disc injector we sell whereas the older Multecs completely fail at higher pressures. Regardless of the design however, we still recommend against raising the static fuel pressure of any disc injector to increase fuel flow.
Thanks for informing.

Are you suggesting to run them at rated pressure of 43.5 psig. LS1 FP is 58 psig. Is running LS1 FP risky with those 79Ib racetronix injectors?

http://www.racetronix.com/01D129xFM.html

Last edited by Denali08; 04-18-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:07 PM
Former Vendor

Thanks for informing.

Are you suggesting to run them at rated pressure of 43.5 psig. LS1 FP is 58 psig. Is running LS1 FP risky with those 79Ib racetronix injectors?

No I am not. The 120lb/hr and 79lb/hr new Lucas / Delphi design should work well at 58psi static pressure. To be clear the injectors showcased in the video, from left to right, are a Bosch pintle design, the new Lucas / Delphi disc design (ie the 79lb/hr and 120lb/hr Delphi injectors), and finally the older Delphi disc design. The only design to fail explicitly in this video was the older Delphi design where the design used in the 79lb/hr injectors ramped through all pressure ranges successfully. My only point here is not to drive up the pressure on the older disc designs and I generally recommend not ramping the static pressure way up on ANY disc designs to the high pressures (ie 80psi+) some people like to run on pintle designs to increase their flow rates.

At 80lb/hr I would recommend these Siemens pintle injectors before the Delphi disc injectors:
http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/adv...&keywords=80lb

Last edited by Bmotorsports; 04-19-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bmotorsports
No I am not. The 120lb/hr and 79lb/hr new Lucas / Delphi design should work well at 58psi static pressure. To be clear the injectors showcased in the video, from left to right, are a Bosch pintle design, the new Lucas / Delphi disc design (ie the 79lb/hr and 120lb/hr Delphi injectors), and finally the older Delphi disc design. The only design to fail explicitly in this video was the older Delphi design where the design used in the 79lb/hr injectors ramped through all pressure ranges successfully. My only point here is not to drive up the pressure on the older disc designs and I generally recommend not ramping the static pressure way up on ANY disc designs to the high pressures (ie 80psi+) some people like to run on pintle designs to increase their flow rates.

At 80lb/hr I would recommend these Siemens pintle injectors before the Delphi disc injectors:
http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/adv...&keywords=80lb
thanks for all the help. what power should i be able to get with these injectors with my set up (guesstimate)and at what point should i go bigger?
Old 04-21-2009, 03:21 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for informing.

There are no problems running these injectors at a LS1 base pressure of 58PSI. There are some older versions of this injector floating around / being sold used with a part number of 01D077.. which are not recommended for LSX 4-bar applications. It would be best to buy a new 1% flow-matched set.

The Siemens 80's are a faster injector and can operate at a slightly higher pressure. Most people will never be running at fuel pressures where this becomes an issue.

The Siemens 80's have a narrow pencil-stream spray pattern where the SMP 79's have a tri-cone pattern. It would be best to check with your motor builder and/or tuner which injector is best for your intake system and which injector they have experience tuning.

The Siemens 80's can support upwards of 1000-1100 HP at LSX pressures assuming you are running a FMFPR system so that the FP tracks manifold pressure 1:1. This will also depend on your motor's BSFC and the A/F you feel safe running.

Siemens (now Continental) engineers do not classify the DEKA 4 injector family as being pintle-types.

There are some major advantages using low-impedance injectors with a peak / hold driver system but it does add to the cost.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 04-23-2009, 09:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Racetronix
There are no problems running these injectors at a LS1 base pressure of 58PSI. There are some older versions of this injector floating around / being sold used with a part number of 01D077.. which are not recommended for LSX 4-bar applications. It would be best to buy a new 1% flow-matched set.

The Siemens 80's are a faster injector and can operate at a slightly higher pressure. Most people will never be running at fuel pressures where this becomes an issue.

The Siemens 80's have a narrow pencil-stream spray pattern where the SMP 79's have a tri-cone pattern. It would be best to check with your motor builder and/or tuner which injector is best for your intake system and which injector they have experience tuning.

The Siemens 80's can support upwards of 1000-1100 HP at LSX pressures assuming you are running a FMFPR system so that the FP tracks manifold pressure 1:1. This will also depend on your motor's BSFC and the A/F you feel safe running.

Siemens (now Continental) engineers do not classify the DEKA 4 injector family as being pintle-types.

There are some major advantages using low-impedance injectors with a peak / hold driver system but it does add to the cost.
i have a stock fuel system with dual walbros and an ati boost a pump ls6 intake (considering the wieand warrior) and a iron 402 with 32cc manleys the dart heads (hopefuly with a good port job) xr265hr cam (may go bigger soon). procharger d1 14psi (target) running in a 99 z28 w vac. mod 4l60e and 3200 stall 373 gear for daily and 456 track gears. what injector would you reccomend? also may ad 150 wet shot (sill have a compucar set up).
Old 04-27-2009, 08:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What advantages please eleborate.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks to fuel injection connection! ordered my deka 80's on friday and got them today. thanks jon!
Old 04-28-2009, 01:30 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by blown99bergerssclone
thanks to fuel injection connection! ordered my deka 80's on friday and got them today. thanks jon!
You had best get those drilled-out injectors checked before you use them.

>WEB SITE<
Old 04-28-2009, 01:39 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
What advantages please eleborate.
Low impedance injectors are faster and much less effected by changes in battery voltage, temperature and fuel pressure. We have many customers who run our impedance converter system with 85, 95 and 120 lb injectors. Their motors run silky smooth and the mileage is quite respectable. Many tuners who have used our system are very surprised how well the motors dial in and how consistent they are.

>WEB SITE<

Quick Reply: 79lb racetronics