Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Aeromotive Stealth Fuel Systems for a DD

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 01:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeromotive Stealth Fuel Systems for a DD

SO I am a bit conerned now that I have been reading about the A1000 not being reliable on for street use.

I just purchased a 18651 - A1000 Stealth Sump Kit
for my truck. I drive this thing alot and for the next few months will be a dail driver.
I will be running -10 to the Regulator and up to a Y the -8 to the rails and a -8 return line. Do I REALLY have to run a controller.

My motor setup is
383 stroker afr heads
F1A procharger
Accel proram manifold with 55 lb injectors 1200 cfm TB

does anyone see an issues with this setup for daily use

thanks for the comments
Old 09-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Teching In

If I were you, I would add pre- and post-pump filters and the Speed Controller then you are compliant with the Aeromotive recommended install. However; this would only duplicate my setup and given the fact my A1000 lasted for less than 200 hours of drive time...may not be reassuring to you.

Yeh, I’m the guy stuck in a motel in Shamrock, TX since Friday night waiting for another A1000 (ordered too late Friday night for overnight delivery, no delivery on Sunday so overnight became overnight from a Monday order even though I ordered on Friday evening). Understandably today is not a good day to ask for my advice.

My plan is to return to the stock in-tank pump for daily driving and retain the A1000 for the track. This means adding a switch and relay to control which pump is running and adding an aircraft 2 in 1 out valve for selecting supply line source. (it’s 10:03am Tuesday and I’m still waiting for a pump).

Hardy Handshakes
Old 09-14-2010, 11:36 AM
FormerVendor

Or a 100% reliable dual Walbro setup.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Staging Lane

ya I was reading about that.. man that sucks. Well I am reading that cavitaion and heat are what kills these pumps, since the kit I already have now welded into my tank has the prepump filter and A1000 in the sump itself I am hoping that it will help some of the trouble spots, and Yes I am using a 10micro filter post pump before the regulator.

Well we shal see what happens. I might just buy a spare pump to keep in the gove box.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:44 PM
FormerVendor

Filter before regulator???? Regulator comes after the fuel rails on the return side to keep pressure consistent across the fuel rails.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Staging Lane

I am having to do somthing a bit different, due to the procharger serp system and 12 rib set up the fuel line on the pass side is only about 1/4 " away from the back. so we are mounting the regulator on the fram rail going from the pump into a filter then to the regulator -10 up to the Y then feeding the rails with -8 on each the dead heading the rails. I know that its not the "normal way" to run it but I have been told my a few of he local guys that this will be fine for my setup. but I welcome feedback
Old 09-14-2010, 07:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It may work, but is not ideal. The only correct way to plumb it is to put the regulator at the rails, or at least under the hood near the rails. You put the regulator where you want to control the pressure. G-forces & line restriction cannot be compensated for at the back of the car.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Staging Lane

well I am a bit of a loss at this point then. one of the rails has to be capped at one of the ends due to clearance isues with the back of the alt, I am running prochargers Serp kit for carbed application with the 6 rib runs the acc and the 12 rip runs the F1. the y is right at the bell housing below the dizzy, I am running -10 to the y and then -8 to the rails. Withou being able to feed from the back and attach the reg both the front as this would be the best I am not sure what I am going to do.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You should be just fine that way if you get a good BYPASS style regulator. Check them out with Aeromotive. They are made to dead head like you are wanting to do, instead of regulating the return side.

You need to use the proper type of regulator for it to work though.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Teching In

The Reaper; FWIT If you intend to drive for extended periods you should add the Aeromotive Speed Controller it’s designed to prevent problems. Yes, I’m back on the road again – new pump installed in 20 min and made 700 miles thru last night.

Hardy Handshakes
Old 09-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Staging Lane

I am using a Aeromotive AEI-13101 bypass regulator -10 feed to -6 return I will adapt to a -8 to the tank.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just tee into the feed near the engine & install the regulator. You can deadhead the rails, but you should put the regulator near the rails.

Quick Reply: Aeromotive Stealth Fuel Systems for a DD