Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Question about where to place Fuel Sensor from Areoforce gauge setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 12:17 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about where to place Fuel Sensor from Areoforce gauge setup

Ok so i purchased an Areoforce triple gauge setup. And i also ordered the Fuel pressure sensor. But i have no clue on where this actually goes. I was assuming it was just going to go on the fuel rail but unless i by some sort of an adapter that is not the case. Is there a place this will go on to without an adapter that im missing? or must i buy an adapter? Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by FlipediS; 05-18-2011 at 12:24 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:26 AM
Banned

Also.. If anyone has a good place to pull the power from 5volts let me know as well. I need a 5 volt power source for this sensor,
Old 05-18-2011, 08:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I was able to order the fitting directly from Aeroforce to attach the sensor to the end of the stock fuel rail.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:08 AM
Banned

thanks.. I noticed they had a fitting on there site. Though seemed a little spendy,
So i bought one from ebay witch looks to me to be the same exact thing for less then half price. Hope im right.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
Old 05-25-2011, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Also you can split off of the 5V source from the MAP.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:43 PM
Banned

thanks for the info.. I just actually added a wire to my fuse box and and soldered a +5V Fixed-Voltage Regulator 7805 from radio shack.. Under 2$ and attached a heat sink to it. around another 2$ or so. then wired to that and called it good. Came out very clean that way
Old 05-26-2011, 08:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Beauty, that'll work well.

A word of avdice/caution: I have read, on the Aeroforce forum as well as from a guy on the waxer forum, that the Aeroforce FP sensor doesn't like being powered up without the signal wire not connected. So the theory is that you can bork the sensor if it's powered up and the Aeroforce is not. Now I have to do this all the time because I have to unplug the Aeroforce to tune/scan and I have not had any problems but I have been careful not to unplug or plug-in the Aeroforce to the ALDL when the ALDL has power. I think that is where the failures may have been from, a spike when connecting the Aeroforce while the ALDL is powered.

Also, I have noticed in the last week that my fuel pressure has slowly been dropping as I drive the car. It's independent of RPM or fuel flow and seems to be more temp dependent. I have ordered a mechanical gauge to go along with it to see if the sensor is heat soaking or I actaully have a problem with my twin Walbros. I only mention it because the first point kind of lessened my confidence in the FP sender.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:29 PM
Banned

Thanks for the info. They actually told me about it a couple times when i talked to then. Then when they shipped it was highlighted on the piece of paper. Witch made no sense to me why it would hurt it. But like you said maybe surge when its plugged in. But then again. The areoforce gauges seem to have a small delay to start up. Where the sensor is getting power right away. You would almost think that this might cause some issues.

But let me know what you find out once you receive the fuel pressure gauge. and get it set up and tested. I'm curiours
Old 07-28-2011, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by No Juice
I was able to order the fitting directly from Aeroforce to attach the sensor to the end of the stock fuel rail.
Originally Posted by FlipediS
thanks.. I noticed they had a fitting on there site. Though seemed a little spendy,
So i bought one from ebay witch looks to me to be the same exact thing for less then half price. Hope im right.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
Sorry to bump this, but do these parts screw on where the schrader valve is on the front of the driver side stock fuel rail?
Old 07-28-2011, 11:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SLwLS1
Sorry to bump this, but do these parts screw on where the schrader valve is on the front of the driver side stock fuel rail?
Yep. Take the cap off and unscrew the valve then screw on adapter.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome, thanks.